Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has cooled off his interest because of our lack of desire to win.

We have cooled our interest on him because he is too ambitious.

Says it all really. Thought we'd get to this day 18 months into his time not 18 hours into it.

Damn.

jd2010 - hyperbole at its best, cmon mate.
What part?

We couldn't agree to his ambitious expensive terms? Which are more than often proven to win.

To me that shows we don't have a desire to win or able to afford it. Or both.

We ballsed it up massively. And never should have let it get to the point it was a deal is close or even that we were in discussions when the two parties are just so far apart in what they want.

It could easily read "Conte refuses to believe in Spurs youth products" or "Conte demands $300m that the club doesn't have" but that doesn't fit the agenda. So the fallback is a flippant remark that the club has no desire or he is too ambitious.

How have we ballsed it up? Media says we are close... you jump the gun assuming it's done? And how can one both be a) not in discussions yet b) understand what each other want.

It's a Saturday morning - grab a coffee mate.

Conte & Levy was never going to work, it was just a matter of time before there was a blowout. At what point were we ever going to appease Conte’s expectations?

Levy took his eye off the ball & has wasted time & energy in heading down the wrong path. His ability to make poor decisions & be seduced by names that are not the right fit is equal to that of his inability to spend.

It could easily read "Conte refuses to believe in Spurs youth products" or "Conte demands $300m that the club doesn't have" but that doesn't fit the agenda. So the fallback is a flippant remark that the club has no desire or he is too ambitious.

How have we ballsed it up? Media says we are close... you jump the gun assuming it's done? And how can one both be a) not in discussions yet b) understand what each other want.

It's a Saturday morning - grab a coffee mate.
Why enter discussions with someone that is clearly on different wavelengths to us?

Its from both sides its been ballsed up. Why would conte ever enter discussions with a club that hasn't backed a manager the way he demands.

Pretty funny stuff really. I was one of the few to actually not fully believe we were getting conte in the first few days of the links. Then by day 3 when even Fabrizio was saying it was close its time to start to feel its close. Then a day later Fabrizio is saying its off. Spursy lol. If you can't laugh at us you'll send yourself mad.

Nagelsman - chose bayern
ETH - chose to extend when we weren't sure on him
Poch - can't get out of Paris
Conte - can't work with Levy

Do we go back to ETH after our initial reservations? Or do we go back to our always likely candidates Potter, Howe and Parker?

Conte & Levy was never going to work, it was just a matter of time before there was a blowout. At what point were we ever going to appease Conte’s expectations?

Levy took his eye off the ball & has wasted time & energy in heading down the wrong path. His ability to make poor decisions & be seduced by names that are not the right fit is equal to that of his inability to spend.
Its better it coming on day -1 rather than 6-9 months in.

But agree wasted a week on a fantasy that wouldn't work

Youd think if you enter discussions with a manager it wouldn't take 4 days to realise you're on different wavelengths about transfer budgets, wages and staff numbers.

That should be realised with 4 mins even with a language barrier!

Surely you can't be assuming Levy doesn't have fingers in any other pies?

Yes, a wasted week but Levy is a businessman. Eggs surely won't have been put all in one basket.

On to the 5th choice it is.

Yes, a wasted week but Levy is a businessman. Eggs surely won't have been put all in one basket.

I could take a guess as to where Levy has one of his fingers…

Youd think if you enter discussions with a manager it wouldn't take 4 days to realise you're on different wavelengths about transfer budgets, wages and staff numbers.

That should be realised with 4 mins even with a language barrier!
Which is exactly why it won't be a simple as you assume. Half a weeks worth of discussion doesn't just happen if parties are completely on different planets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which is exactly why it won't be a simple as you assume. Half a weeks worth of discussion doesn't just happen if parties are completely on different planets.
Salary and transfer budget should be agreed within 10 mins or at least close enough that it doesn't become the reason it falls over. 3m difference in wages should be something sorted in a day

Suspect that once they sorted out the terms of Conte’s contract, the discussion went something like this:

Conte - ok Mr Levy, let’s talk money for players.
Levy - I can free up 150.
Conte - not as much as I’d hoped but if we keep Harry I can work with 150 million.
Levy - no, it’s 150 quid. And I’m selling Kane. Uncle Joe wants a new yacht.
Conte - f*** off.

Damn.

jd2010 - hyperbole at its best, cmon mate.
Agreed. Bit OTT.

I didn’t upload it last night. Could just be incorrect news or something leaked from Conte’s camp to put pressure on.

Some outlets still reporting positively so we shall see.

Agree Levy is a business man. It’s the part he plays in ‘football decisions’ that is the real concern.

The issue being that Conte was a part of the pie, much like Mourinho Spurs fans deep down know it had disaster written all over it.

Agreed. Bit OTT.

I didn’t upload it last night. Could just be incorrect news or something leaked from Conte’s camp to put pressure on.

Nah, we’ve been had mate.

You don’t go and appoint Antonio f***ing Conte without the transfer budget to match.

Deep down we all know how this ends. Even I had hope that we’d landed the whale but deep down…

We’ve been here before.

Agreed. Bit OTT.

If conte pulls this off and breaks down levy he really is a genius. I'm pumped either way Potter or Conte

Nah, we’ve been had mate.

You don’t go and appoint Antonio f***ing Conte without the transfer budget to match.

Deep down we all know how this ends. Even I had hope that we’d landed the whale but deep down…

We’ve been here before.
JD was still being his usual melodramatic self. Reminds me of an old lady getting worked up her cake for the bake sale is having issues.

Reading more and it is a lot more than simply transfer budget that is the issue. Can’t agree on staff levels, wages or using youth/academy players as well as Conte seemingly wanting to challenge now whereas us saying it will take a couple seasons.

I think that is somewhat accurate. Hard to have envisaged us making 3-4 signings and contending by May unless very lucky or some maligned players responded well to his coaching.

Either sort out your differences with Conte and get it done or prise Poch/Ten Hag out of their club.

My reaction?

Watch every Milan game next season and just check our highlights. To coin an old Richmond phrase. Potter in means I am #eco
Where do you see it going with conte off the cards?

Change our mind on ETH and pay the higher compo?

Potter wont actually happen btw. He is another who signed a contract extension at the end of rhe season and the fee would be massive. You could say he snubbed us in a similar way to ETH and Rodgers

At this rate we might have to fight Celtic for Aussie Ange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back