Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Think I'm gunna have to b*tch bet my way to a Spurs trophy from now on

Every Semi Final and Final we play in I will have a small wager on our opposition in the hopes that money is lost

Safe bet to make a small fortune though

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.

Every Semi Final and Final we play in I will have a small wager on our opposition in the hopes that money is lost

Seems like a decent and safe way to make money to me.

When was the last semi/final we lost to someone we should beat.

Seemingly always get knocked by one of the two London clubs, the two Mancs or Liverpool once we get that far.

Certainly helps get over it quicker.

We’re a weird club size and stature. Big enough to attract good players that your Everton, Hammers minnows can’t. Big enough to finish in decent table positions. But not big enough to be able to easily absolve transfer flops like City/Chelsea and spend big on the replacement.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
When was the last semi/final we lost to someone we should beat.

Seemingly always get knocked by one of the two London clubs, the two Mancs or Liverpool once we get that far.

Certainly helps get over it quicker.

We’re a weird club size and stature. Big enough to attract good players that your Everton, Hammers minnows can’t. Big enough to finish in decent table positions. But not big enough to be able to easily absolve transfer flops like City/Chelsea and spend big on the replacement.

FA Cup semi in 2010 to Portsmouth is one. I’m sure there are a couple of others in recent years. And we’ve lost some matches against the teams you mentioned when we have had better squads than those clubs.

It’s not just semi’s and finals though. We’ve been taken out in the knockout stages of European competition by FC Basel, Gent and Dinamo Zagreb in the last few years too.

We are professional bottle jobs, it’s really hard to argue otherwise.

FA Cup semi in 2010 to Portsmouth is one. I’m sure there are a couple of others in recent years. And we’ve lost some matches against the teams you mentioned when we have had better squads than those clubs.

It’s not just semi’s and finals though. We’ve been taken out in the knockout stages of European competition by FC Basel, Gent and Dinamo Zagreb in the last few years too.

No question. 2002 v Blackburn.

the second paragraph is chalk and cheese to the first from my pov. If we get bundled out by one of those lot, even if we’re a tad better or in better form, you can easily say its down to lack of big moment experience. Like the Dogs pre-2016 or Cats pre-2007. We forgot how to win. Big players not producing in big games.

But your Gent, Mura, Zagreb defeats point to the heart of why we are where we are atm, and why 1/3 of the squad should leave.

What is Conte's fascination with playing Doherty as a LWB? It took 60 minutes for a left sided player to whip the ball in and Emerson probably should have scored from Davies cross.
Makes sense today TBH.
Dier and Romero injured. Reguilon injured.

Play Sess in a tie we're already behind in and risk injuring him before the much more important NLD.
Play Davies at LWB and the back 3 in a cup semi is Rodon, Tanganga and Sanchez....

Hope Liverpool win it so that the immoral scum of football don't win another cup final.
No more important than this morning to remember, we hate Arsenal cos we're Spurs. Hate Chelsea because we're human.

This sorry bunch of flogs better turn up and play well Sunday. Their outs give our players no excuses.

if all their in doubt guys are out they’ll be something like

Ramsdale
Chambers Gabriel White Tierney
Lokonga Patino
Saka Lacazette Martinelli
Nketiah

Leno Tavares Holding Mari Giraud-Hutchinson Biereth

defenders and youth bench. Absolutely ripe for the picking

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams

This sorry bunch of flogs better turn up and play well Sunday. Their outs give our players no excuses.

if all their in doubt guys are out they’ll be something like

Ramsdale
Chambers Gabriel White Tierney
Lokonga Patino
Saka Lacazette Martinelli
Nketiah

Leno Tavares Holding Mari Giraud-Hutchinson Biereth

defenders and youth bench. Absolutely ripe for the picking

Filthy that Xhaka isn’t available. That guy is a deadset liability for them.😡

Filthy that Xhaka isn’t available. That guy is a deadset liability for them.😡
Know where you’re coming from and normally fully agreed but this time his absence *s them even more. Two kids in Lokonga + <insert name here> in midfield or playing Ben White there.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Know where you’re coming from and normally fully agreed but this time his absence fu**s them even more. Two kids in Lokonga + <insert name here> in midfield or playing Ben White there.

I’d still prefer Xhaka to be playing mate. He’s always good for something stupid, a red card or penalty.

I’ll miss him.😂

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
all too predictable as well. It's culture. I don't know how you change it, but there needs to be an arrogance that you're the better side, so you'll just win.
Poch had us close to that, but we never really reached that A grade status as a project.

On one hand, we've stopped losing our best players. The Bale/Modric losses were massive.
On the other, who was our last truly elite signing? Alder?

Apr 10, 2011
south of the river
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham, 49ers & Scorchers
Reports that 20 year old youngster Dylan Markanday wants to leave the club citing the appetite for first team football.

We can't even keep strike options let alone attract it to the club.

This club seriously is f’ed
Where'd you see this? I thought with his U23 form we must of at least talked to him about some more first team chances.

Might sell him in my latest Spurs Fifa career mode if true.

Al Gold posts that some players worry he could leave.... The club isn't worried.

He joined in November. We are halfway through his first minor window, and haven't got to his first summer window or his first pre-season and BF Yids are laying bricks in their dacks.

* me. The hysteria is astounding at times.
Chill. Nothing's changed, we're still a nearly club, and have a world class manager who will try and change that.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Al Gold posts that some players worry he could leave.... The club isn't worried.

He joined in November. We are halfway through his first minor window, and haven't got to his first summer window or his first pre-season and BF Yids are laying bricks in their dacks.

fu** me. The hysteria is astounding at times.
Chill. Nothing's changed, we're still a nearly club, and have a world class manager who will try and change that.

Im not fussed either way. At the moment everything is talk. Until something happens (we win something, transfers start happening, we dig in in tough games) we have every right to dig the heels into the club who wants us to believe the same lines they've towed for the past few years.

Yep, we'll back the manager? negative.

Yep, we'll start winning things? negative.

Even making tough calls on players, negative (bar holding Kane to his contract, when was the last time we went **** it and moved someone on early?

Like I said, I want to trust the club desperately. They (the club) wants us to believe w're being amorous with another top quality manager (Mourinho and now Conte). Time for the club to do there part and play the same fiddle as the gaffer now.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Word is that the NLD is off.

Why is it our problem that Arsenal loaned players out and had idiotboy Xhaka sent off a couple of days ago? Surely this rule was introduced for Covid outbreaks. There is no Covid outbreak at Arsenal. Spurs are being penalised because the scum cannot manage their squad.

It’s bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back