Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still 165k per game has gone begging because seats aren't filled. And that's using a conservative cheapest ticket price method to calculate it, so probably more like 200k per game. The frustrations with the club plus isolation requirements has meant we've copped it more than most clubs. Our % of home tickets sold is the worst in London. Hard to tell with arsenal since they fudge their figures. But still not a great outcome
Imo all these Sunday games and the odd Monday night are a factor too

Plenty of Spurs fans unable to go on Sundays due to other commitments/junior football etc and much prefer Saturday lunchtime/3pm, they not happy about the Everton game being a Sky Monday nighter now.

Makes no sense. The noise is that 37.5 (€45m) is not enough from Levy to get it done..

Now they’re looking to bid the same. Odd.

Encouraged Liverpool are interested, Portuguese league can be hard to buy quality but they have good scouts atm.

Unless we thought he could do like Son and play up front I'm not fussed about not signing him. Seems to do his best work literally playing LW cutting in. We dont really have that role in Conte's system. Even when Son-Kane-Lucas line up together Son is a bit more central than most wingers like Dias like to be

On one hand, we are obviously identifying guys talented enough to play top 6 football, our problem is getting the deals done to make the squad competitive enough to be playing CL football (again).

Im sure if we were sitting third, Diaz would be over the line, even Traore deal would more than likely be done already.

That is all well and good Sandy, but what is the one thing that takes those "sexiest clubs" like Juve from Tottenham level to the next level?

Money
No. We’ve spent big on Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sanchez.

What takes the cream to those clubs is success, that leaves us with those just a level below.

Top players will go where they can have success. Money is irrelevant as all the clubs competing for top players have money and pay players handsomly.

No. We’ve spent big on Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sanchez.

What takes the cream to those clubs is success, that leaves us with those just a level below.

Top players will go where they can have success. Money is irrelevant as all the clubs competing for top players have money and pay players handsomly.
You are selling Peter to make Paul though (probably poor analogy but who cares).

We need to buy those top players to take that next step but those top players have been poor time and time again. Who did we buy after that dream two seasons of (almost) success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are selling Peter to make Paul though (probably poor analogy but who cares).

We need to buy those top players to take that next step but those top players have been poor time and time again. Who did we buy after that dream two seasons of (almost) success.
We can hate it but an inescapable fact atm is that most of those 11 clubs we tried to join in the Super League will beat us to any player we’re both after.

We can hate it but an inescapable fact atm is that most of those 11 clubs we tried to join in the Super League will beat us to any player we’re both after.

That is understandable, the fact remains that sets those sides apart from us is money. They're willing to spend that extra % to get the player they want in.

272627831_1658282614503274_6230284887319055349_n.jpg

That is understandable, the fact remains that sets those sides apart from us is money. They're willing to spend that extra % to get the player they want in.
We’re arguing across different points.
If Haaland picks one of those clubs they’d spend the money, if he explicitly chose us I guarantee we spend the cash too.

Problem is when it gets to the ‘pitch an offer’ phase to a players agent, where clubs try to woo players. The top talent don’t even bat an eyelid at us. Someone bigger shows a bit of leg and we’re out of the race.

Money becomes irrelevant, it’s desire and draw power.

We’re arguing across different points.
If Haaland picks one of those clubs they’d spend the money, if he explicitly chose us I guarantee we spend the cash too.

Problem is when it gets to the ‘pitch an offer’ phase to a players agent, where clubs try to woo players. The top talent don’t even bat an eyelid at us. Someone bigger shows a bit of leg and we’re out of the race.

Money becomes irrelevant, it’s desire and draw power.

I guess you are taking it a step further on my point. We just want to save every dollar.

Conte will be really earning his money if we get top 4 with the squad we have plus the loaning out/selling of N'dombele, GLC, Dele etc.

Although I assume they don't leave unless we have a replacement and at this rate they are sticking around till the summer at least.

Kulusevski in would mean Gil is done for now

Kulusevski is a far better attack minded player and could have instant impact, he was great on loan at Parma, though I think he would've developed better staying at Atalanta if Malinovskyi wasn't there. Not sure Allegri is best for him though, but he'd work as a RF in a 3-4-3/3-4-2-1 with Son out left if he came to us.

Kulusevski would also be able to play upfront on the right with Lucas or Son in a hybrid duo when Kane isn't playing, kinda like a poor mans Salah/Bale

Positionally Kulusevski makes more sense than Diaz ever did who'd compete with Son.

Imo I'd persist with Gil still though as I reckon he could become an awesome no10 some day, I would look at loaning him for 6-18 months to get him ready for life after Conte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back