Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Lot's of cheddar on a backup forward but cheap options like Vinicius, Janssen and Llorente haven't worked. And it's not our money, Joe has given the club 100m of the queen's finest sterling so far. Who cares how it is used.

Lot's of cheddar on a backup forward but cheap options like Vinicius, Janssen and Llorente haven't worked. And it's not our money, Joe has given the club 100m of the queen's finest sterling so far. Who cares how it is used.

Yeah, it's done and he's an outstanding talent. I don't like his style of shithousery (the bitching and crying for no reason) at all but am certain I will warm to him as soon as he bangs in his first Spurs goal. It certainly gives Conte plenty of options in our attacking third. I don't think it's a backup at all, Richarlison will start plenty of matches.

It's a much better signing than Jesus.

Don't be surprised if it's under that amount. Or we get very favourable terms on the Winks deal. Everton must sell and make their books like good today.

Richarlison for 60m up front on its own seems stupid. But looking more and more into their situation it will be 1 of 2 other scenarios.

1) Levy bleeds them for a bargain last minute threatening to pull the deal. And we get him for under 50m which is a good deal.

2) Winks loan with obligation to buy is structured in a way that we get over 20m for Winks. Every cent we get over that figure for Winks offsets the Richarlison upfront overpayment.

We've already done them a favour with Dele so I'm thinking it's more the latter. Apparently the Gordon links were in relation to a similar arrangement with Bergwijn, but he has his heart set on Ajax

And I get the notion it's just 10-20m of not our money. But when it could the difference between Gvardiol/Bastoni over a Lenglet/Torres at LCB, I think we can be smarter with a 35-40m backup ST/W option + landing the prime LCB rather than 60m backup ST/W and midrange LCB options

Richarlison maybe offset accounts wise by Winks as they have to pay Watford a sell on fee over 40m.
Could do the Juve thing we just did this January.

Under pay on Richarlison and overpay on Gordon. Everton keep more cash because of the structure. 39.9m for Richarlison + 45m for Gordon

Gvardiol and Bastoni aren’t moving. Reports are Lenglet is the stop gap loan before we try again in 12 months when easier to buy.
both seem set on staying. Bastoni I get.
Gvardiol im a little surprised about.

tbh, Torres would be just as good. He and Bremer with Romero & Dier rotating through the back 3 are solid strong defenders.
Given the Gio link (maybe we can flog Gil off to them too), all we need to do is convince Torres. Perhaps with a clause that if Madrid come knocking he can go?

Could do the Juve thing we just did this January.

Under pay on Richarlison and overpay on Gordon. Everton keep more cash because of the structure. 39.9m for Richarlison + 45m for Gordon
We aren't getting Gordon IMO. Aren't even hellbent on acquiring him.
Reads to me like we 'appreciate and like' him as a player but we're only really after Richarlison.
both seem set on staying. Bastoni I get.
Gvardiol im a little surprised about.

tbh, Torres would be just as good. He and Bremer with Romero & Dier rotating through the back 3 are solid strong defenders.
Given the Gio link (maybe we can flog Gil off to them too), all we need to do is convince Torres. Perhaps with a clause that if Madrid come knocking he can go?
The Red Bull nest is a good place to develop. Might be looking at it thinking if he stays at Leipzig another year and stars again then a galactico club like Bayern, Real etc might then be interested.

Bremer/Torres alongside Lenglet seems like where we are. Chelsea are all over Kounde and De Ligt.

Little while since I last posted in here.

Thrilled with Richarlison. We've never had this kind of depth in attack before. No longer the end of the world if one of Kane or Son goes down.

Would love another defender but happy to give Lenglet a chance. Conte's a wizard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We aren't getting Gordon IMO. Aren't even hellbent on acquiring him.
Reads to me like we 'appreciate and like' him as a player but we're only really after Richarlison.

The Red Bull nest is a good place to develop. Might be looking at it thinking if he stays at Leipzig another year and stars again then a galactico club like Bayern, Real etc might then be interested.

Bremer/Torres alongside Lenglet seems like where we are. Chelsea are all over Kounde and De Ligt.
I like the idea of bremer. De ligt ive been a long fan of. Bit of shame both he and frenkie are available and we havent bitten. But have trust in conte and paritici and their targets

Excited with this signing. Not even in his prime.

Will be playing midweek games through to April so he'll see plenty of play time.
Can play in Son and Kane's position. Good back up for both. But also good enough to start instead of them so we can rotate more.

Richarlison should prove a strong rotation option, kind of like Jota is for Liverpool. For me, Son, Kane and Kulusevski are still the front three in our best 11.

Spence and Lenglet are looking all but done. This would leave just a centre-half and maybe a midfielder and that would finish our business regarding incomings. ITKs say we're in for Bremer and it's just a matter of agreeing personal terms, but if Juventus sell De Ligt or Inter sell Skriniar, they will just pay Torino what they want and he'll likely stay in Italy. Pau Torres is supposedly our secondary choice.

There is also suggestion we're still in for another midfielder, specifically a creative one. The ITKs were saying Tielemans today, before one of them poured cold water on it a couple of hours later. I still think this is the one area in the team that could do with a big upgrade, because most of the midfielders we have are just not 90+ point material. One massive signing here like a Ruben Neves or Milinkovic-Savic and we'd be very serious contenders for the title.
Honestly, if Ndombele somehow had an attitude flip and became a model professional who worked hard, that would literally be perfect. Won't happen of course, but still.

Have Conte's sides really had that creative midfielder though? Especially as one of the two starting in a best XI?

Just not sure if it's needed when compared to the assumed RWB and LCB purchases.

Have Conte's sides really had that creative midfielder though? Especially as one of the two starting in a best XI?

Just not sure if it's needed when compared to the assumed RWB and LCB purchases.
Conte's preferred midfield at Inter was Brozovic, Eriksen and Barella - three midfielders who could all pass and create.

Even at Chelsea, he played Fabregas in midfield for a decent chunk of games; enough to get 12 assists for the season.

I wouldn't call Brozovic an attacking midfielder - quite the opposite. Isn't Barella more box to box and Eriksen not really a favourite until a late season flurry/cameo?

Whilst I would like someone with more expansive passing with h the skill to pick a pass compared to the 3 x midfielders we have (Hoj, bentancur, Skipp - assuming Winks goes), I don't see the need/want from Conte to have one of the starting two as overly attacking as a central midfielder. That comes from the flanks and for the front 3 to do as they please. The purpose of this midfield formation is to be solid. No need for $50m on a flashy GLC or Eriksen equivalent.

Mind you - a roaring Ndombele would be great. Can't see it happening though.

I wouldn't call Brozovic an attacking midfielder - quite the opposite. Isn't Barella more box to box and Eriksen not really a favourite until a late season flurry/cameo?

Whilst I would like someone with more expansive passing with h the skill to pick a pass compared to the 3 x midfielders we have (Hoj, bentancur, Skipp - assuming Winks goes), I don't see the need/want from Conte to have one of the starting two as overly attacking as a central midfielder. That comes from the flanks and for the front 3 to do as they please. The purpose of this midfield formation is to be solid. No need for $50m on a flashy GLC or Eriksen equivalent.

Mind you - a roaring Ndombele would be great. Can't see it happening though.
I believe I used the word "creative", not attacking. That's the keyword the ITKs have been using, followed by the short-lived link to Tielemans.

Ah, so you did. Completely agree on the creative element then but needs to be creative from the deep - not hovering behind the front three or not putting in a shift.

Is Bissouma not at least a slight upgrade in that department? If we buy another midfielder, where does that leave Skipp? Has he shown enough to be above Hojbjerg in the pecking order?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back