jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
For the PL we need 8 HG and 17 foreigners

For UEFA we need 8 HG of which 4 need to be club trained and 4 Association trained

For uefa Davies u21 football was at Swansea and thus he is HG for the Welsh FA. Dier played at Sporting so he is Portugal HG. Reportedly Winks (club) will be sold. Dele already gone. Rodon like Davies is not HG in Europe for us, while Tanganga (club) is probably loaned out.

Kane
Dier
Davies
Skipp
Doherty
Sessegnon
White/Austin
Winks

These are our PL/UEFA eligible HG players. Some of which may leave hence why Forster will be no.2 and why Sterling, JWP are on our list. We can’t buy too many foreigners this window

Not feasible. Pickford is not leaving his starting position at Everton to sit on our bench. With a WC 6 months away that’d virtually lose him his place as Eng no.1. Ditto Pope, will likely be in the squad for the WC so sitting on a bench jeopardises that. Going somewhere to be no.1 gets him a WC squad spot.
If we can't get Pope as number 2 then we need to adjust the squad in a way that Forster can be our 3 and we get the best available number 2, aged 23 or under who can deputise to Hugo for a year then takeover regardless of passport

If we can't get Pope as number 2 then we need to adjust the squad in a way that Forster can be our 3 and we get the best available number 2, aged 23 or under who can deputise to Hugo for a year then takeover regardless of passport
Think you need to let this go, doesn’t look like you’ve got much support for the idea he’s poor.

Btw;

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Think you need to let this go, doesn’t look like you’ve got much support for the idea he’s poor.

Btw;

Let's hope conte doesn't let him near the cups. Unless his walking frame manages to save a shot! I've not been huge fans of Vorm, Hart or Gollini but they've got this guy covered

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Since his 2016 injury his fallen off an absolute cliff. From 2016-18 he was awful. Basically dropped and injured for a year after that and sent to Celtic. Has come back for 2 years and been slightly better than before he left. Signing Southamptons #2 as our #2 isn't a good bit of business.

I have followed this club for a long time and have seen enough of how Levy operates that I will wait and see how this plays out.

I am cautiously optimistic but defer to the belief the history is the best indicator of future behaviour.
I get where you're coming from.

I look at it as too much smoke.

• Already had reliable reports of Conte wanting winners and Levy having to be happy to buy older players with less sell-on value if asked for.
  • Conte wanting players in before Korea pre-season tour in July. Paratici working towards achieving that. Where Levy prefers late deals to get bargains.
  • Now we have Uncle Joe plundering 150m into the club and reports are it is transfer related.

Just far too much smoke IMO. We have found a manager with the cojones to stand up to our board, whilst backing that up with a coaching ability we simply cannot allow to walk out the door.

P.S. As you know, I am against owners in England being needed to invest funds as it is all down to the sportswashing creating a join us or fall behind scenario. Newcastle's impending rise IMO has contributed to Lewis opening the chequebook and on a personal level I hate what football has become.

As a fan I am happy our custodians aren't going to allow us to fall behind.
So damn conflicted.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
I have followed this club for a long time and have seen enough of how Levy operates that I will wait and see how this plays out.

I am cautiously optimistic but defer to the belief the history is the best indicator of future behaviour.
This
Since his 2016 injury his fallen off an absolute cliff. From 2016-18 he was awful. Basically dropped and injured for a year after that and sent to Celtic. Has come back for 2 years and been slightly better than before he left. Signing Southamptons #2 as our #2 isn't a good bit of business.
We all want Gazza back m8, but don't think it'll happen

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 2, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I wish we could buy Nick Pope and promise him he will get league cup and FA cup starts.

Lloris has one more year left on his contract and transitioning from Lloris to Pope in a year's time would be ideal.

Happy Chris Pratt GIF by Parks and Recreation

Apr 10, 2011
south of the river
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham, 49ers & Scorchers
Apparently we're in for Filip Kostic (can't recall if someone posted already), he was a big part of Frankfurts successful Europa League campaign, used to be a left winger, but playing LWB moreso these days

So that could be why Reg out rumours are about
Great attacking LWB/LM, would love him in our squad.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
We all want Gazza back m8, but don't think it'll happen
Good on Gazza for getting his PL starters chance. The ideal #2 is a keeper that would start at most mid-table clubs. Steffen and Kelleher types who have developed into decent keepers and have been #2 quite young.

I know ideally they dont play more than 5 games but the world is not perfect and the GK spot is so important. Imagine lining up the top 8s backup keepers Forster would be either the worst or close to it? Steffen, Kelleher, Kepa, Henderson, Leno, Areola and Danny Ward. Imo he is so far behind all of them.

Statistically last season only Ramsdale and Leno are worse from the top 8 clubs lol, Forster coming in 27th out of 42 PL keepers. Last season Forster was 35th out of 42. 17/18 the last time he played regularly 29th out of 38.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Good on Gazza for getting his PL starters chance. The ideal #2 is a keeper that would start at most mid-table clubs. Steffen and Kelleher types who have developed into decent keepers and have been #2 quite young.

I know ideally they dont play more than 5 games but the world is not perfect and the GK spot is so important. Imagine lining up the top 8s backup keepers Forster would be either the worst or close to it? Steffen, Kelleher, Kepa, Henderson, Leno, Areola and Danny Ward. Imo he is so far behind all of them.

Statistically last season only Ramsdale and Leno are worse from the top 8 clubs lol, Forster coming in 27th out of 42 PL keepers. Last season Forster was 35th out of 42. 17/18 the last time he played regularly 29th out of 38.
Kepa, Leno and Areola as no2s is both a joke and a massive discrepancy, they're not true number 2s, the former 2 were 1s but were dropped and have not left their clubs (as far as I'm aware)

Forster at least is coming in to the squad with 2 purposes, HG and no2, not as a number 1 who didn't deliver and is now difficult to ship off (Kepa in particular)

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Kepa, Leno and Areola as no2s is both a joke and a massive discrepancy, they're not true number 2s, the former 2 were 1s but were dropped and have not left their clubs (as far as I'm aware)

Forster at least is coming in to the squad with 2 purposes, HG and no2, not as a number 1 who didn't deliver and is now difficult to ship off (Kepa in particular)
Areola most definitely is number 2. Leno was signed on a free to maybe push to be number 1. His bundesliga numbers weren't amazing. But I guess it is arsenal and they get battered everywhere they go, and signed Mat Ryan statistically the worst GK in the league when they signed him.

Kepa is an outlier. But Chelsea tend to have mid table starter standard backups even before him. Forster isn't that. He often loses his spot to Alex McCarthy who is a shambles.

Assuming all these guys leave or go on loan again:
CCV
GOLLINI
LO CELSO
NDOMBELE
RODON
CLARKE
WHITEMAN
WINKS

The squads for next year would look like this:

EPLUEFA
NON-HG (12)NON-HG (16)
1LLORISLLORIS1
2ROYALROYAL2
3ROMEROROMERO3
4DIERDIER4
5SANCHEZSANCHEZ5
6REGUILONREGUILON6
7HOJBJERGHOJBJERG7
8BENTANCURBENTANCUR8
9BERGWIJNBERGWIJN9
10KULUSEVSKIKULUSEVSKI10
11MOURAMOURA11
12SONSON12
GIL13
SARR14
DOHERTY15
DAVIES16
HG (7)ASSOCIATION (1)
1DOHERTY
2DAVIES
3SESSEGNONSESSEGNON1
CLUB TRAINED (4)
4AUSTINAUSTIN1
5TANGANGATANGANGA2
6SKIPPSKIPP3
7KANEKANE4
SQUAD TOTAL: 19SQUAD TOTAL: 21

So we can buy only 1 more non HG (or 3 Non HG if Sarr and Gil are loaned again) and we can buy 3 players from English clubs.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.

Pope is signed until 2024 so would cost plenty. I'd say he's a 25m purchase. He's not going to come to sit on our bench mate, and Levy is not going to stump up that sort of fee plus 40-50k a week in wages for him to play the Mickey Mouse Cup.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pope is signed until 2024 so would cost plenty. I'd say he's a 25m purchase. He's not going to come to sit on our bench mate, and Levy is not going to stump up that sort of fee plus 40-50k a week in wages for him to play the Mickey Mouse Cup.
Lloris has one more year left in him. Coming in as number 2 with the number 1 spot after that is going to be better than every other option he gets this summer. Unless Newcastle go for him. Then financially as number 1 and depending on who they get possibly even cracking top 6 too it wouldn't be worse than being our number 2 for a season.

Pope would be a dream. Forster is a nightmare.

Gazza, Vorm, Hart and even Gollini I was never this worried about having to come in for Hugo.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Assuming all these guys leave or go on loan again:
CCV
GOLLINI
LO CELSO
NDOMBELE
RODON
CLARKE
WHITEMAN
WINKS

The squads for next year would look like this:

EPLUEFA
NON-HG (12)NON-HG (16)
1LLORISLLORIS1
2ROYALROYAL2
3ROMEROROMERO3
4DIERDIER4
5SANCHEZSANCHEZ5
6REGUILONREGUILON6
7HOJBJERGHOJBJERG7
8BENTANCURBENTANCUR8
9BERGWIJNBERGWIJN9
10KULUSEVSKIKULUSEVSKI10
11MOURAMOURA11
12SONSON12
GIL13
SARR14
DOHERTY15
DAVIES16
HG (7)ASSOCIATION (1)
1DOHERTY
2DAVIES
3SESSEGNONSESSEGNON1
CLUB TRAINED (4)
4AUSTINAUSTIN1
5TANGANGATANGANGA2
6SKIPPSKIPP3
7KANEKANE4
SQUAD TOTAL: 19SQUAD TOTAL: 21

So we can buy only 1 more non HG (or 3 Non HG if Sarr and Gil are loaned again) and we can buy 3 players from English clubs.
Assuming Emerson, Sanchez and Reggie aren't sold

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
Lloris has one more year left in him. Coming in as number 2 with the number 1 spot after that is going to be better than every other option he gets this summer. Unless Newcastle go for him. Then financially as number 1 and depending on who they get possibly even cracking top 6 too it wouldn't be worse than being our number 2 for a season.

Pope would be a dream. Forster is a nightmare.

Gazza, Vorm, Hart and even Gollini I was never this worried about having to come in for Hugo.

I’d wager that Hugo is our first choice keeper for at least another 2 years.

Replacing him just doesn’t seem like a priority for Paratici/Conte at present.

Back