Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.

Arse, Chelsea, United and City away all gone before the World Cup.

Plus I have some nice festive fixtures for my UK trip in December. I’ll get to the Brentford, Villa and Palace games and not have to leave London.

Similar stat to the one Jatz tried to use on the afl thread ;) . Lots of easy sideways and backwards passes will look amazing on that graph.

Whilst I ranked PEH bottom of the 4 I'd be happy for him to start any game.

Not really true at all.

Progressive passes graph EPL Midfielders 21/22

FJ5NeNtXwAQM8TQ.jpg

samDD

Debutant
Jun 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
We're looking like a 75-80 point team so far, which is good. Some clear improvements made to the squad with more yet to come. Still need a backup striker for Kane and still need to wrap up Djed Spence so we have two wingbacks on either side.

Conte still wants an LCB. He wanted Bastoni but that's off the cards. We've been linked to Bremer, Pau Torres, Gvadiol, N'Dicka, Lenglet and some others.

We've been linked to a wide variety of expensive strikers/wingers: Gabriel Jesus, Raphinha, Richarlison, Lautaro Martinez, Antony, Osimhen, Saint-Maximin, Scamacca and others. Not really sure why because we already have a world class front three. For me, we just need a good, experienced backup to Kane; someone who understands he won't play every game.

In my opinion, we should still be prioritizing another world class midfielder. Bissouma's a great signing and will slot straight into the team as our main DM, but does he have a good partner yet? Hojbjerg is too slow and struggles with heavy press. Bentancur is too weird of a player. Skipp looks alright, but suffering from osteitis pubis. Winks, Ndombele and Lo Celso all look like they're gone.
I know it's unrealistic, but I'd love to see us sign someone like Milinkovic-Savic or Ruben Neves. I think this type of player is what could really bridge the gap between being a 75-80 point team to a potential title contender. Then again, Man City just completed a 93 point season without a striker, and they've now added arguably the best striker in the world, so they might be near-impossible to catch.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
We're looking like a 75-80 point team so far, which is good. Some clear improvements made to the squad with more yet to come. Still need a backup striker for Kane and still need to wrap up Djed Spence so we have two wingbacks on either side.

Conte still wants an LCB. He wanted Bastoni but that's off the cards. We've been linked to Bremer, Pau Torres, Gvadiol, N'Dicka, Lenglet and some others.

We've been linked to a wide variety of expensive strikers/wingers: Gabriel Jesus, Raphinha, Richarlison, Lautaro Martinez, Antony, Osimhen, Saint-Maximin, Scamacca and others. Not really sure why because we already have a world class front three. For me, we just need a good, experienced backup to Kane; someone who understands he won't play every game.

In my opinion, we should still be prioritizing another world class midfielder. Bissouma's a great signing and will slot straight into the team as our main DM, but does he have a good partner yet? Hojbjerg is too slow and struggles with heavy press. Bentancur is too weird of a player. Skipp looks alright, but suffering from osteitis pubis. Winks, Ndombele and Lo Celso all look like they're gone.
I know it's unrealistic, but I'd love to see us sign someone like Milinkovic-Savic or Ruben Neves. I think this type of player is what could really bridge the gap between being a 75-80 point team to a potential title contender. Then again, Man City just completed a 93 point season without a striker, and they've now added arguably the best striker in the world, so they might be near-impossible to catch.

With Harry Kane being 28 (29 in a few weeks), could we go the other way and look to a guy like Brereton - Diaz from Fulham as a somewhat understudy to Kane?

We are going to hit a tipping point soon where either Harry requests a trade (unlikely) or injures himself medium > long term (possible) and we are left once agains with Lucas Moura as a centre forward.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Liking these Gordon links. If we get him and richarlison for Winks and less than 60m it's a huge win. One less club HG but on par for English HG

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Looks like Winks to Everton for £20m and Bergwijn to Ajax for £21.5m is close.
suspect these are the two lynchpins holding up the move on either Rich or Raph.
Hoping both tbh. Raph is quality, but does create the logjam with Kuiu. Rich just behind in terms of quality, but versatile.

Spence, Torres (w/Gio the other way), Raph & Rich and I reckon we can wrap things up.

Not buying the Gordon links. Fab corrected aggregators purporting he said we were packaging them both by saying we like Gordon but are focused on getting Richarlison.

First bunch of cash withdrawn.

suspect these are the two lynchpins holding up the move on either Rich or Raph.
Hoping both tbh. Raph is quality, but does create the logjam with Kuiu. Rich just behind in terms of quality, but versatile.

Spence, Torres (w/Gio the other way), Raph & Rich and I reckon we can wrap things up.

One or the other IMO. Paratici remaining interested in both but only one will be acted upon IMO.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Mind you, I don't really see where he fits into Spurs system. Richarlison, who is a bitch, offers far more versatility.

I am not that bothered about this one and I don't think Spurs were overly invested.
Great player but we have kulu.
Short of switching to a 4231 and playing son - kulu - raph behind kane, do agree.

Tbh, where does he fit with chelsea?
Guessing pulisic and ziyech are done.

Just for jd2010

A spokesman for Sussex Police told The Athletic: “A man in his 40s from Brighton who was arrested on suspicion of sexual assault has had his conditional bail extended until July 4, 2022.

“A man in his 20s, also from Brighton, who was arrested on suspicion of sexual assault has been released with no further action to be taken.

“The investigation is ongoing and no additional information is available at this time.”

Sounds like based off that statement his companion in his 40s is the one in some trouble.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC

Just for jd2010

Sounds like based off that statement his companion in his 40s is the one in some trouble.

I'm glad there has been charges laid. And fingers crossed justice for the victim comes about. And really hope that Yves has learnt from being involved in something like this

Mind you, I don't really see where he fits into Spurs system. Richarlison, who is a bitch, offers far more versatility.

I am not that bothered about this one and I don't think Spurs were overly invested.
Saw two comments relating to Richarlison that really makes you think.

1. Everton fan bemoaning how far off the top clubs they are. Winks is Spurs 5th centre mid. Starts every game at Everton. Richarlison is the toffees best player. Doesn’t get into our starting line up.

2. Arsenal fans are utensil-a-hoop over signing Jesus. A backup striker at City where there’s no centre forward… our new back up forward, Richarlison - benches Jesus for the Brazil national team lol.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Saw two comments relating to Richarlison that really makes you think.

1. Everton fan bemoaning how far off the top clubs they are. Winks is Spurs 5th centre mid. Starts every game at Everton. Richarlison is the toffees best player. Doesn’t get into our starting line up.

2. Arsenal fans are utensil-a-hoop over signing Jesus. A backup striker at City where there’s no centre forward… our new back up forward, Richarlison - benches Jesus for the Brazil national team lol.

Yeah, have had a Gooner mate in the UK all over me because they signed Jesus. Spurs missed out, blah, blah, blah.

Conveniently overlooking that we already have a world class striker and that Jesus would never have signed at Spurs because we couldn’t guarantee minutes. And also conveniently overlooking the fact that he isn’t really very good. He’s serviceable at best and will not deliver the numbers of goals that delusional Scum fans believe he will.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Lenglet loan and Bremer as a perm signing would be nice.
Add Rich & Spence
Then I reckon it's just a creative mid (if not Eriksen)....Tielemans perhaps?

If we pay for Tielemans whilst overlooking Eriksen then that would be a massive mistake in my opinion. Eriksen might be 30 but he's classes, and I mean classes superior to Tielemans.

Back