Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Before the party time of te last 5 minutes, thought how does this team get better and he is the weakest link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think we have 4 quality CM's. No weaknesses among them, all very different which gives options for opponents.

Yves Bissouma will boss this season
seeing that little 5 - 10 minute cameo, looks class.

Perisic is going to do so well for our squad. Not just on the pitch but changing the mentality of the club, you can see him fighting for every ball like it's his last. Brilliant to see

4-1 without Son or Kane doing much. And Emerson Royal 2 assists.
Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF

Even Rodri, KDB, Thiago, Kante etc. have weaknesses. Found the post win overrating humorous hence the laugh rather than disagreeing
So you misunderstood then.
Among them, none are weaknesses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No weaknesses among them.

No weak link among them.

Sure can see someone arguing that. There's not much between them. But they've all got similar weaknesses
Probably you, which worries me not.
None of the 4 are weaknesses in our team structure.

4 solid CM options to choose from.
Pick any two and there's no raised eyebrows. Pick Winks and it gets a little scary.

Zaniolo is going to sign.

Just don't get it. We already have Kulusevski in the same position and he's twice the player Zaniolo is.

Probably you, which worries me not.
None of the 4 are weaknesses in our team structure.

4 solid CM options to choose from.
Pick any two and there's no raised eyebrows. Pick Winks and it gets a little scary.
Against bus parkers they're all a problem. Will happen half a dozen or so times once teams realise thats our Achilles heel

Zaniolo is going to sign.

Just don't get it. We already have Kulusevski in the same position and he's twice the player Zaniolo is.
Kulu goes down/needs a break, then what?
I also think zaniolo can play up top in a pinch. Underrated talent in italy imo. Much like kulu was.

Kulu goes down/needs a break, then what?
I also think zaniolo can play up top in a pinch. Underrated talent in italy imo. Much like kulu was.
Lucas/Richarlison.

Lucas has a better g/a than Zaniolo last season despite playing significantly less minutes, and he's Premier League-proven.

Zaniolo will cost £43-50m, only had a return of 2 goals, 2 assists in the Serie A last year, has done his ACL twice and Roma fans are perpetually frustrated with him and his poor/selfish decision making.

Our backup option is Lucas Paqueta, who returned 9 goals, 6 assists for Lyon last season, and regularly plays in the Brazilian National Team. Seems a far more sensible option.

Lucas/Richarlison.

Lucas has a better g/a than Zaniolo last season despite playing significantly less minutes, and he's Premier League-proven.

Zaniolo will cost £43-50m, only had a return of 2 goals, 2 assists in the Serie A last year, has done his ACL twice and Roma fans are perpetually frustrated with him and his poor/selfish decision making.

Our backup option is Lucas Paqueta, who returned 9 goals, 6 assists for Lyon last season, and regularly plays in the Brazilian National Team. Seems a far more sensible option.
Agree entirely. Surely we aren't this stupid.
Nowhere near good enough.

Lucas/Richarlison.

Didnt think much of paqueta at milan and certainly not for the PL.

Zaniolo I reckon can flourish.

Front three: Son, Kane, Kulusevski.
That is three SS-tier players, backed up by Richarlison, Lucas and Perisic. Is this really the area that demands £50m worth of improvement?

Defence: Royal, Romero, Dier, Davies, Sessegnon.
Backed up by: Doherty, Spence, Sanchez, Lenglet, Perisic, maybe one more CB.
That's about as good of a defence as we can achieve. We'll have a hard time finding another CB that clearly improves what we have.

Meanwhile in midfield: Hojbjerg & Bentancur.
Hojbjerg is a "battling for 4th spot"-tier midfielder. Bentancur looked pretty good on the weekend but has a unique kind of play style that probably won't work every week. Skipp has been injured all year and just picked up another. Bissouma probably can't play alongside Bentancur in a midfield 2.

When you look at Conte's Chelsea, his midfield choice was Kante and Matic, with Fabregas rotating in as a more creative option. That's two SS-tier DMs and an aging, but still world class creative mid.

In conclusion, we should forget about Zaniolo and chase someone like Milinkovic-Savic, Ruben Neves or Fabian Ruiz.

Agree entirely. Surely we aren't this stupid.
Nowhere near good enough.

Jeez I think that is a poor take.

The guy has had major injury issues with 2 ACL's I think. Assuming he is fit he will be an excellent acquisition. He was regarded as the best young talent in Italy at one point and has loads of upside.

samDD judging Zaniolo by his goals/assist numbers last season is unfair. He'd missed a full 12 months of football and then some. Judge him on his output prior to that, as a teenager in a tough league.

The guy is a freakish talent. I'd be buying him.

Jeez I think that is a poor take.

The guy has had major injury issues with 2 ACL's I think. Assuming he is fit he will be an excellent acquisition. He was regarded as the best young talent in Italy at one point and has loads of upside.

samDD judging Zaniolo by his goals/assist numbers last season is unfair. He'd missed a full 12 months of football and then some. Judge him on his output prior to that, as a teenager in a tough league.

The guy is a freakish talent. I'd be buying him.
Why shouldn't this be taken into account when purchasing a player? Two ACLs can take a toll on a player's ability.

His seasons before last (not including the one he missed) were 6 goals, 2 assists, and preceding that, 4 goals, 3 assists. Again, I'm not seeing the value in investing £43-50m.
Even in his highlights compilations, which always cherrypick a player's best moments; I see someone with good ball control for a tall guy, but not too much else. I certainly don't see the same exquisite distribution Kulusevski has, who he's often compared to.

We have a world class front three, and three outstanding backup/rotations for them. I remain confused why the coach is so eager to spend big on a questionable talent, who plays a position we're already well-stocked in.

The last player we bought from Roma was Erik Lamela, who coincidentally was a similar type of player. Despite kicking 15 goals in his last season for Roma, he only produced one good season out of about seven for us, and was injured 70% of the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back