Ryan Sessengon
Adam Smith
Michael Keane
Harry Maguire
Dani Alves (LOL)

Last edited:
Re: BigFooty Yid Army Thread Part 5

So you think 3rd is safe for you?

I have not had internet in the last week and a half... had no idea what happened after the first Bolton game.

Seems we could have won at Chelsea, and the Bolton re-match was a decent outing for us?

I'm curious why people don't think Ade is the answer for a striker?

Clearly we shouldn't pay him what he is currently getting but he looks twice the striker of Crouch/Pav/Defoe/Saha etc. Against Chelsea his ability to hold the ball and then attack was great.

Defoe scores, for all his selfish play the guy scores and is a constant danger, I'd much prefer he came on than Saha who of late has had error riddled games.

Clearly we shouldn't pay him what he is currently getting but he looks twice the striker of Crouch/Pav/Defoe/Saha etc. Against Chelsea his ability to hold the ball and then attack was great.

Defoe scores, for all his selfish play the guy scores and is a constant danger, I'd much prefer he came on than Saha who of late has had error riddled games.

Because apart from penalties he has scored once in 3 months plus he isn't a great finisher is always caught offside. City would be wanting at least 15m for him and he isn't worth that

We need an all round striker. Doesn't have to be fantastic at everything just a quick player who can finish and can do a reasonably good job of holding up the ball. Adebayor is almost that but is inconsistent, barely scores and will probably be too expensive. Adebayor is a better player with a striking partner. However we're a better team with Modric, Parker and Van Der Vaart all in the team, it's a fine balancing act.

So you think 3rd is safe for you?

I have not had internet in the last week and a half... had no idea what happened after the first Bolton game.

Seems we could have won at Chelsea, and the Bolton re-match was a decent outing for us?

I think with our form, and yours, we should be favourites to finish there. We should beat Chelsea at home, City at home and Stoke away are the only other tough games really.

Because apart from penalties he has scored once in 3 months plus he isn't a great finisher is always caught offside. City would be wanting at least 15m for him and he isn't worth that

Yep.

Considering what we recieved for Crouch, 15million I don't think is unreasonable.

Easily the best option on our list and you could have the same gripe about Modrics lack of goals, yet you'd be hard pressed to find someone who doesnt think he is worth hanging onto.

Arsenal have sealed 3rd place for sure. Don't know what the problem is at Spurs but you guys have completely imploded since 'Arry was let off on tax evasion charges.....

Shouldn't you be keeping out of all the other team threads and its more since Capello resigned/pushed out

Considering what we recieved for Crouch, 15million I don't think is unreasonable.

Easily the best option on our list and you could have the same gripe about Modrics lack of goals, yet you'd be hard pressed to find someone who doesnt think he is worth hanging onto.

Its not just the transfer fee, he would need to take a 50% paycut for us to even consider buying him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounded a great result, but a bit nervy during the second half. 5 points clear of 4th, 4 matches remaining, beind 3rd on GD of just one goal. Exciting times, but gee imagine if we hadnt had the bad run and had to put ourselves through it!

@Sunderland, Norwich, Chelsea, @QPR are our next four matches. How many points can we get from that lot?

Sounded a great result, but a bit nervy during the second half. 5 points clear of 4th, 4 matches remaining, beind 3rd on GD of just one goal. Exciting times, but gee imagine if we hadnt had the bad run and had to put ourselves through it!

@Sunderland, Norwich, Chelsea, @QPR are our next four matches. How many points can we get from that lot?

Chelsea is in the cup, Sunderland and QPR away won't be easy and the Norwich game is only 2 days after the Sunderland game

Great game between two proper footballing teams. Bale was superb. VDV is a genius. Nice to see Lennon back with an assist.

We need 4 wins from 7 IMO as I can't see Chelsea winning 6/7. 5 wins will probably get us 3rd as Arsenal have to play City, Chelsea & Stoke (away).

3 points is a must at Sunderland in the early game next week.

Great game between two proper footballing teams. Bale was superb. VDV is a genius. Nice to see Lennon back with an assist.

We need 4 wins from 7 IMO as I can't see Chelsea winning 6/7. 5 wins will probably get us 3rd as Arsenal have to play City, Chelsea & Stoke (away).

3 points is a must at Sunderland in the early game next week.

Can cope with a point against Sunderland, they are in good form. They are the hardest team we have left. I think they have scored the 3rd most points since the start of the year.

A draw at Sunderland would be a good result IMO. Since O'Neill has taken over they have been as good as their rivals from the Toon, and nobody would say a point at St James was a bad day at the office.

The scum still have 3 tricky matches to come where I think they will get 4 points at most. So dropping two this week wont be a massive problem for us

Sorry for the late notice but the Spurs shop are offering free delivery on all orders to Australia over 40quid until 6 April. This seasons kit is half price as well.

3 points were there for the taking but we didn't want it. Sunderland were happy to let us keep passing it sideways and backwards. Still, 4 wins from our last 6 should be enough with the fixtures Arsenal, Chelsea & Newcastle have. Lennon has to start against Norwich.

I think City are just about done so I'll be surprised if they can sneak a point tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back