Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're blatantly wrong then, especially this part-

If you think he'd be allowed that much freedom to run in the box while playing Dembele's role, then words alone can't summarize just how wrong you are. This has always been one of the main problems associated with playing Mason there, and there's a good reason Dembele hardly ever makes those forward runs.

You're saying we're more susceptible to the counter attack with two defensively strong midfielders than we are with one defensively strong midfielder playing alongside a defensively weak and inexperienced one?

Ok.
Yes we will be more susceptible because we are more likely to get stifled and do nothing with the ball. Just like the first 45 minutes against Everton where we were exposed horribly with two defensively strong midfielders.

At home against palace and the like we need Dier/Wanyama and a box to box (one with talent so not Mason). Not two defensive players who won't offer much help to the attacking 4.

Have you seen Dier or Wanyama play?

Now it all makes more sense. He wasn't being pushed out the door.

caf009001a94c2477c4395884a21291c.jpg

3fbe9ea440eb4a75f0dd326efab21759.jpg

Now it all makes more sense. He wasn't being pushed out the door.

caf009001a94c2477c4395884a21291c.jpg

3fbe9ea440eb4a75f0dd326efab21759.jpg
I don't think anyone is pushed out that isn't a spud like Fazio. Bentaleb seems like he thinks he is streets ahead of those around him and should be a starter. When the truth is whilst he is one of the most talented he also has a lot of flaws too

Well well well.
Who could have foreseen this given our window.

We don't need two DM's for Palace but apart from Dele without Dembele we rely on dross.
We need more attacking options outside of Dele, Christian and Eric.... Have we bought one. No.
Who's available outside the XI.... Chadli who we are selling, Son who has just got back and youth player with 0 goals or assists at senior level for the club.

youth academy blah blah blah. :rolleyes:
Yes, we've scored now but things need to improve on the first couple of performances but I don't like some of the options off the bench.
Can't keep relying on scoring from set pieces.

Having a tactic outside 4231 might help. We may have played two strikers in name but Kane roamed around like Dele normally does. Lucky to get the win but should have been 2-0 up. Toby must put that header away from the keeper. And Janssen with 2-3 good chances he should score and one Soldado like miss in there for good measure

Also while it might be funny Liverpool lost you can bet your last dollar they'll be going at 110% after that. We'll be very lucky to draw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys are becoming as dramatic as GB was.

Look it's two games into the season. It takes a while to settle down into the season. It took us four or five games last season before we started playing as a team. These opening games are all about getting the wins. We got that today. The performances will come, and hopefully a signing or two before the window shuts.

Just enjoy the win ffs

Good 3 points in the end. We've got to accept that we are going to be slow starters so all these points we get deservedly or not are good to have in the bank. That being said though player ratings weren't great for me.

Vorm 7: Routine saves but very good by foot

Walker 7.5: Wouldnt have thought he went to the Euros at all, our sharpest attacking threat 2 weeks running. Dealt with the Palace wingers well all day
Toby 7: Did everything we expect of him
JV 7.5: Gets the extra 0.5 for the goal saving block
Rose 6.5: Just a little bit off again today but not bad too. Love that he gets into the wingers and is a bit mouthy. Angry little man syndrome!

Dier 7: Solid but slightly unneeded having 2 DMs at home to Palace. Either one looks subdued while the other stars or they both are just ok.
Wanyama 9: Bonus 1 for the goal. But generally was our best outfield player throughout. Asked to do a bit too much with the ball at his feet but tried to shift the ball around well. Gets around the pitch so well, so strong & loves a tackle!

Lamela 7: Another solid showing from Lamela. Has become one of our most important players while Eriksen & Alli find their feet and seems to enjoy it.
Kane 6.5: Played in the #10 role / support striker role. Got involved and some good touches. Shooting boots still off but it was good to see him on the ball again
Eriksen 3: Pulled out of 2 50/50s which is just unacceptable. Fluffed a good 4 on 2 break. Didn't exert himself on the game at all. With us playing 2 DMs he really need to control the game for us and didn't go close. If this contract situation is effecting his performance we have to make a call very soon; either a) find 2-3 good AMs in the 10-20m range and shove him out the door, or b) give him a new improved contract but nowhere near what Kane, Lloris & Toby are on to sort his head out. Our most talented player yet he is playing so poorly.

Janssen ???: Dont know what to make of him yet. Is he just Soldado with height & strength? If I was rating him purely on being a defensive target man then he'd get an 8. Holds the ball up so well and loves to put pressure on. If I'm rating him as a striker then a 2 or 3. He is Soldado like in front of goal. Whilst everyone marvelled at Steklenburg's save last week a part of me thought back to how many "good" saves Soldado use to find. From 3-4 yards should give the keeper no chance of saving it. Then first half he snatched at a couple more and the worries grew even more. Then clean through on goal he went full Bobby and fluffed a chance that most PL strikers get. Kind of get the Paulinho worry that there's good reason 18 months ago nobody knew who he was and was playing in the Dutch 2nd div, just like how Paulinho was playing in Lithuania. I tend to think there's good reason these players were playing at a poor level. Hope for his sake it's not that and he is a 10-15 goal a season striker, not holding my breath though.

Dele 6: Better coming off the bench. Probably inflated rating for replacing someone scared of his own shadow. Was it his ball for Janssen too that should have been put away?

Poch 5.5: Poor selection from the start. No creativity in midfield once Eriksen decided he didn't want to play. Too slow bringing on Dele for him. Then too slow to bring on Onomah who at 0-0 should have come on for one of the DMs around 70-75 mins. Good to be 4 points after 3 ordinary halves of football and only 1 half where we looked anything close to our best

Are you seriously judging Janssen after two games? Actually it's not even two games, it's one and a bit games! Give the guy a chance. Can't believe you are even using the S word to describe him already

Are you seriously judging Janssen after two games? Actually it's not even two games, it's one and a bit games! Give the guy a chance. Can't believe you are even using the S word to describe him already
Can only go with what I've seen of him so far and so far he has fluffed/snatched at every chance has come his way just like Soldado did from the get go with us.

Just saying 18 months ago he was Almere City quality and deemed surplus to requirements from Feyernoord. Wouldnt surprise me if its because there's flaws with his finishing

Let's just have a little perspective and not rush to premature conclusions. If things are the same after five or six matches, then that opinion could at least be raised. But after one match - sheesh

Let's just have a little perspective and not rush to premature conclusions. If things are the same after five or six matches, then that opinion could at least be raised. But after one match - sheesh
I hope i'm wrong i really do, seems like a good lad who tries very hard. Maybe its just until he gets his first goal. But right now it's not looking good in the area that is most important for a #9

I hope i'm wrong i really do, seems like a good lad who tries very hard. Maybe its just until he gets his first goal. But right now it's not looking good in the area that is most important for a #9
I'm not saying you will be wrong, but I'm saying it's too early and there are too many variables to call it at the moment. If the white hart lane regulars had that negativity then it isn't going to help a player settle. At the end of the day it's wrong to write a player off after one game when they've come to a new club, league and country. It could take him a while to settle

I'm not saying you will be wrong, but I'm saying it's too early and there are too many variables to call it at the moment. If the white hart lane regulars had that negativity then it isn't going to help a player settle. At the end of the day it's wrong to write a player off after one game when they've come to a new club, league and country. It could take him a while to settle
My reservations started when we first got linked to him. Think it was Gero I mentioned it too. Always get the thoughts that there is good reason someone gets cut or drops down divisions or is playing somewhere obscure. Not all these types turn out to be busts like Paulinho was but just saying I would have liked our 2nd striker to be a bit more a sure thing than Janssen

Who said match a golden boot winner? That's 100k Lloris is around 80k that's a level Christian deserves.

You're emotional, letting his last two games affect your judgement. Get Mousa back and watch him shine
Kane and Lloris are on similar deals. Eriksen shouldnt be close to that. One is a golden boot winner & runner up, the other is captain for club & country. I'm not saying he shouldnt be increased up. But to around the JV mark, which should be behind Kane, Lloris & also Dembele & Toby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back