Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He isnt underpaid if he goes to 60k.

Lets face it he is about 5th-6th on our most important list now. Kane, Lloris, Toby, Dembele are the clear 4 most important players. Would have Eriksen & Alli just ahead of JV, Rose & Lamela

we've got lloris, kane & toby onto good deals the rest are underpaid.

wouldnt be caving in for someone like eriksen though with quite a few more who'd be asking for a matched contract
Okay different tact. As the song goes Eriksen is our Ozil is he not? How much would Ozil be on. Over 100k I'd imagine.

Most recent campaign
Eriksen: 6G and 15A in the League. 8 & 16 in all comps (47 games)
Ozil: 6G and 19A in the league. 8 & 20 in all comps (45 games)

Now statistically he's slightly inferior to Mesut but you advocate he be considerably less paid. That doesn't compute to me.
Make no mistake, Eriksen deserves to be around Hugo and Mousa in that ~80k bracket.
You can't underpay players too much and not progress or show trophy winning progress. Ozil and Sanchez are well remunerated at Arsenal but I wouldn't be surprised if both left in 12 months if they scrape 4th and go to s**t in CL again.

Now are we really going to improve sufficiently to entice players to stay whilst also earning under their worth?
I am doubtful and this window doesn't inspire confidence. In fact does the opposite.

Okay different tact. As the song goes Eriksen is our Ozil is he not? How much would Ozil be on. Over 100k I'd imagine.

Most recent campaign
Eriksen: 6G and 15A in the League. 8 & 16 in all comps (47 games)
Ozil: 6G and 19A in the league. 8 & 20 in all comps (45 games)

Now statistically he's slightly inferior to Mesut but you advocate he be considerably less paid. That doesn't compute to me.
Make no mistake, Eriksen deserves to be around Hugo and Mousa in that ~80k bracket.
You can't underpay players too much and not progress or show trophy winning progress. Ozil and Sanchez are well remunerated at Arsenal but I wouldn't be surprised if both left in 12 months if they scrape 4th and go to s**t in CL again.

Now are we really going to improve sufficiently to entice players to stay whilst also earning under their worth?
I am doubtful and this window doesn't inspire confidence. In fact does the opposite.
First of all no point comparing our wage with a club twice as rich as ours.

If our pay structure maxes at 100k id have 2-3 on that much with the next 2-3 on 60-80k. For me id pay our most important players the most money. Similar to how most teams and businesses work. Eriksen is at best our 5th most important player after Kane, Lloris, Toby and Dembele. If you want to dispute that there's really no point discussing this with you

First of all no point comparing our wage with a club twice as rich as ours.
You don't see how this causes us to constantly lose players? Eventually it always happens, this summer we had no First XI players angling to leave. Finish 5th-6th this season and that'll all start again. I'd rather have Eriksen tied up to deal that makes him happy. Not 150k but roughly what he is worth. Especially given 12 months from now his contract will be down to the dreaded 12 months left to expiry.
We can't progress as a club whilst in transfer and wage terms continuing to shop in the bargain bin.

If that means skimping on the players on the market. So be it. Just be smart with scouting.
However we will get not very far with our wage structure. That I assure you. *, we had trouble holding on to Edwards who's Tottenham in his blood. How are we meant to convince less loyal, non youth academy players to stay whilst skimping?
If our pay structure maxes at 100k id have 2-3 on that much with the next 2-3 on 60-80k. For me id pay our most important players the most money. Similar to how most teams and businesses work. Eriksen is at best our 5th most important player after Kane, Lloris, Toby and Dembele. If you want to dispute that there's really no point discussing this with you
May be 5th most important but is our only truly world class capable AM. His importance to this team is undersold imo.
Yes you can't lose if you don't concede and for that Toby and Lloris are important and are paid accordingly.
However, you can't win if you don't score and in that regard that makes Christian our 2nd most important player to winning games.

You don't see how this causes us to constantly lose players? Eventually it always happens, this summer we had no First XI players angling to leave. Finish 5th-6th this season and that'll all start again. I'd rather have Eriksen tied up to deal that makes him happy. Not 150k but roughly what he is worth. Especially given 12 months from now his contract will be down to the dreaded 12 months left to expiry.
We can't progress as a club whilst in transfer and wage terms continuing to shop in the bargain bin.

If that means skimping on the players on the market. So be it. Just be smart with scouting.
However we will get not very far with our wage structure. That I assure you. ****, we had trouble holding on to Edwards who's Tottenham in his blood. How are we meant to convince less loyal, non youth academy players to stay whilst skimping?

May be 5th most important but is our only truly world class capable AM. His importance to this team is undersold imo.
Yes you can't lose if you don't concede and for that Toby and Lloris are important and are paid accordingly.
However, you can't win if you don't score and in that regard that makes Christian our 2nd most important player to winning games.
We aren't as rich as the top 8 clubs in the world and therefore can't match what they offer. If you're only able to afford a used 2006 Falcon but your rich rival buys a Ferrari do you suddenly go out and get one too? Just accept it that for now we are still a rung below in terms of financials and there's no point trying to spend beyond our means.

He is our only AM but he isn't as important as our GK CB CM and ST. Plenty more AMs in this world than the guys who make up the spine of our time. The 4 other guys are simply irreplaceable. If Eriksen left for 40m we'd find a couple of players that could cover his loss. Same can't be said for Dembele or Toby

We aren't as rich as the top 8 clubs in the world and therefore can't match what they offer. If you're only able to afford a used 2006 Falcon but your rich rival buys a Ferrari do you suddenly go out and get one too? Just accept it that for now we are still a rung below in terms of financials and there's no point trying to spend beyond our means.

He is our only AM but he isn't as important as our GK CB CM and ST. Plenty more AMs in this world than the guys who make up the spine of our time. The 4 other guys are simply irreplaceable. If Eriksen left for 40m we'd find a couple of players that could cover his loss. Same can't be said for Dembele or Toby
I understand all that and that's not what I'm advocating.
I'm inferring we are spending well within our even tightened capacity and that one player with 2 years left who I think will leave eventually deserves more.

Would rather pay him 80k p/w and him leave for 40-50m a couple of years from now than he refuse to sign a new deal and piss off at a cut price deal.

I understand all that and that's not what I'm advocating.
I'm inferring we are spending well within our even tightened capacity and that one player with 2 years left who I think will leave eventually deserves more.

Would rather pay him 80k p/w and him leave for 40-50m a couple of years from now than he refuse to sign a new deal and piss off at a cut price deal.
I'd rather him play like an 80k player at least once this season before giving in to him. He does that he gets a contract. So far he has been at about 5/10 against Everton and 3/10 against palace. Sooking up off the pitch like Berba and Modric is bad, but if he is letting it get to him on field that's pretty bad too. At least once Modric didn't get his move he put his head down and had a good year.

Expecting another lil bitch performance this week from him if he isn't dropped. That's hardly the telling signs of a player that deserves a new contract

So because of a couple of less than great performances you're disregarding the season he just had which is more than an 80k p/w season.
Like I said he had a season comparable to Ozil, we can't pay him as much however...

You're pissing in the wind and telling me it's raining if that wasn't worth a new deal roughly to what I suggest.
You need to look at the broader picture not just the last couple of recent memories that stick out.

So because of a couple of less than great performances you're disregarding the season he just had which is more than an 80k p/w season.
Like I said he had a season comparable to Ozil, we can't pay him as much however...

You're pissing in the wind and telling me it's raining if that wasn't worth a new deal roughly to what I suggest.
You need to look at the broader picture not just the last couple of recent memories that stick out.
I'm saying that when you demand things you need to be delivering at least decent performances on the pitch. Not two of the worst games he has played since joining.

Most the new deals won't be done between the opening day and window closing. But if you're asking for one in between at least have a go and not disrespect the shirt like he did on the weekend pulling out of contests in a tight game. I'm sure he'll get the deal. But unless he shows up this weekend he is well down the ladder in terms of respect I've got for our players and I'm hoping he plays well 1) for us to win & 2) so we can sell him for good money. Wouldn't say that about any of our other players but the way he has gone about it on the pitch after the rumours come out and he quietly put them to bed has lost respect from me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sigh. Nabs gone.
Shame he didn't want to stick it out and lost his attitude.
Hopefully the Destructive Duo follow him.

Also Coric rejects City after not wanting to go out on loan.
Please Daniel. I really like the look of this young AM.

Itk reports say that the trio Chadli Mason and Carroll have been told they won't be playing much but have a good relationship with Poch and the club and are willing to stay. But also willing to go if a bid is accepted. Shame the more talented Bentaleb didn't want to fight it out like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back