Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mason sold which if I'm not mistaken puts us into at present a net transfer profit. If players most recently linked are BS rumours that leaves GKN and Lopez as the only likely ins. We'd then likely see every PL club outspend us as well as championship clubs Newcastle and Aston Villa. Outspent by Villa * me dead.

Spend some damn money #THFC and strengthen this bloody depth.

Pritchard + Mason + Chadli + Yedlin = Approx £35 million

Janssen + Wanyama = £28/29 million

Last edited:
Poch's first training session with the club. Notice anything?

617995b38c6e30dbc78c052ba16f3995.jpg

We’ve definitely finished the window in a lot stronger place than we started it.

3rd GK: Lopez > McGee
3rd RB/LB: Walker-Peters < Yedlin (in the short term it’s a downgrade but surely only plays if we cop injuries)
4th CB: Carter-Vickers > Fazio
3rd CM: Wanyama > Mason
4th CM: Sissoko > Carroll who now moves to 6th choice behind Winks
5th W/AM: Onomah/N’Koudou > Chadli (in terms of offering a point of difference they’re better squad/bench options than Chadli who is just a poor man’s Eriksen/Son on the left)
2nd ST: Janssen > N’Jie

I’m sure the negative nancy’s around won’t be happy with that strengthening.

I don't know how to feel about Sissoko - on the one hand it's exciting to be spending £30m on a player, but on the other have we paid well over the odds for him? I know he had a decent euro's, but the times I saw him playing for the Geordies he was s**t (admittedly that was only on a few occasions). I missed the 1-5 where apparently he tore us a new one

His best is Dembele good. His worst is still Ryan Mason level. Let's not forget pre 15/16 there were the same consistency fears about Dembele too

I’m sure the negative nancy’s around won’t be happy with that strengthening.
Really? I've tried damn hard to remain civil despite fundamentally disagreeing over how this club operates in the market. Of the above list I most definitely agree on most but not W/AM. N'Koudou is a gamble that may not come off. Onomah has no goals or assists at senior level. For all his faults Chadli was premier league proven.

Lots of water to go under the bridge for that comparison to be proved accurate.

I think we've got an improved squad (just) but once again we missed a chance to really make a statement. It's probably wages that are holding us back on that score, rather than transfer fees which we can pay for the top end talent.

Fingers crossed this squad goes well and keeps us in the CL places

Really? I've tried damn hard to remain civil despite fundamentally disagreeing over how this club operates in the market. Of the above list I most definitely agree on most but not W/AM. N'Koudou is a gamble that may not come off. Onomah has no goals or assists at senior level. For all his faults Chadli was premier league proven.

Lots of water to go under the bridge for that comparison to be proved accurate.
But chadli offers nothing different to the 4 in front of him. Like I said in my comparison for squad balance he was useless to us as a Son-lite

But chadli offers nothing different to the 4 in front of him. Like I said in my comparison for squad balance he was useless to us as a Son-lite
And those other two may yet still be flops.
As it stands it's a downgrade. Has the potential to work out in the long run but I'm judging it on what we've seen so far, on the evidence available.

FWIW I'd rather N'Jie and Zaha over Chadli for that same reason. Pace! We had none of it with him as a bench option
Yeah saw some pundits saying pace was what we need in our squad. Really evident in the Liverpool match that we had none. Bit different to the days of Bale and Lennon!

So who would Sissoko come in for if he starts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And those other two may yet still be flops.
As it stands it's a downgrade. Has the potential to work out in the long run but I'm judging it on what we've seen so far, on the evidence available.
Having pace option on the bench vs not is a much better position to be in

Chadli is gash 70% of the year and is just a s**t son/Eriksen. If the original LW is failing bringing him on changes nothing because he offers so little difference to what already failed.

Squad is much better balanced with some pacy bench options. That's not even up for discussion

Yeah saw some pundits saying pace was what we need in our squad. Really evident in the Liverpool match that we had none. Bit different to the days of Bale and Lennon!

So who would Sissoko come in for if he starts?
Nkoudou and Sissoko will give us pace and power

Sissoko is a weapon in open games where you just let him bomb down the right at will

Last week would have been handy to have him. I haven't really seen him play in a double pivot in midfield before, he's most useful as an advanced mid in a midfield three in a 4-3-3/4-5-1 which I think he played as at times in the Euros

So at the end of the window, it's Sissoko vs Wijnauldum that we look at in comparison throughout the season.

Anyways, I'm happy we have him compared to we don't, he gives us RW/CM cover, basically a bigger, more powerful version of Ramires is what he is

Nkoudou and Sissoko will give us pace and power

Sissoko is a weapon in open games where you just let him bomb down the right at will

Last week would have been handy to have him. I haven't really seen him play in a double pivot in midfield before, he's most useful as an advanced mid in a midfield three in a 4-3-3/4-5-1 which I think he played as at times in the Euros

So at the end of the window, it's Sissoko vs Wijnauldum that we look at in comparison throughout the season.

Anyways, I'm happy we have him compared to we don't, he gives us RW/CM cover, basically a bigger, more powerful version of Ramires is what he is
Interesting to take stock of where we are now.

Pre-window team

Lloris
Walker Toby Jan Rose
Dembele Dier
Lamela Alli Eriksen
Kane

Vorm
Trippier Fazio Wimmer Davies
Mason Carroll
Onomah Son Chadli
N'Jie
Post-Window team

Lloris
Walker Toby Jan Rose
Dembele Dier
Lamela Alli Eriksen
Kane

Vorm
Trippier Carter-Vicker Wimmer Davies
Wanyama Sissoko
Son Onomah N'Koudou
Janssen
I think overall we are stronger than when the window started. Was Sissoko who we really envisaged spunking 30m on. Probably not.
Toon fans say he's lazy etc. Well his national captain is now his club captain, if he can play/train like a disinterested lazy * in front of Lloris then he has one big set of balls. Doubt he's that dumb. Can't complain that we've shifted some deadwood and made Carroll/Winks 5th-6th choice CM's in the process.
I said that all along, was happy if they became 5th choice at best and thus less relied on.

WealstoneRaider you alright?
Funny that a D/H has you on ignore but is there front and centre to sink the boots in.
Fine Dr G thanks!

Yeah there are some real sillies on here - but it's the internet you have to expect it.

It was all meant to be in good spirit - but it takes two sides to play along with that.

Thanks for the support in there (and you JD)

Fine Dr G thanks!

Yeah there are some real sillies on here - but it's the internet you have to expect it.

It was all meant to be in good spirit - but it takes two sides to play along with that.

Thanks for the support in there (and you JD)
The problem is that this is very haphazardly applied.
So many on this site say things like "if this happens I'll do this or that" but nothing amounts from it.
All of a sudden two make a campaigner move and put this on the bay and here we are.

Don't let these muppets get away with this tripe.

Interesting to take stock of where we are now.

Pre-window team

Lloris
Walker Toby Jan Rose
Dembele Dier
Lamela Alli Eriksen
Kane

Vorm
Trippier Fazio Wimmer Davies
Mason Carroll
Onomah Son Chadli
N'Jie
Post-Window team

Lloris
Walker Toby Jan Rose
Dembele Dier
Lamela Alli Eriksen
Kane

Vorm
Trippier Carter-Vicker Wimmer Davies
Wanyama Sissoko
Son Onomah N'Koudou
Janssen
I think overall we are stronger than when the window started. Was Sissoko who we really envisaged spunking 30m on. Probably not.
Toon fans say he's lazy etc. Well his national captain is now his club captain, if he can play/train like a disinterested lazy **** in front of Lloris then he has one big set of balls. Doubt he's that dumb. Can't complain that we've shifted some deadwood and made Carroll/Winks 5th-6th choice CM's in the process.
I said that all along, was happy if they became 5th choice at best and thus less relied on.
Still can't get my head around the Sissoko deal properly. Is it on Levy for leaving things (yet again) so late? Did Poch really fancy him all along and we were playing chicken with Newcastle until Everton came along? His stock definitely went up after Euro2016, but most advocates of the English game do not rate him anywhere near the £30m. I just hope we've got this one more right than wrong.

The problem is that this is very haphazardly applied.
So many on this site say things like "if this happens I'll do this or that" but nothing amounts from it.
All of a sudden two make a campaigner move and put this on the bay and here we are.

Don't let these muppets get away with this tripe.
Exactly - it was a "bold" statement and one that I probs deserved flak for. But they all bottled the bet ultimately - so that shows you that everyone was in agreement that Mata was almost certainly going.

I was willing to do the avatar for a couple of weeks - but Pants was being a dickhead about it so I didn't bother

Still can't get my head around the Sissoko deal properly. Is it on Levy for leaving things (yet again) so late? Did Poch really fancy him all along and we were playing chicken with Newcastle until Everton came along? His stock definitely went up after Euro2016, but most advocates of the English game do not rate him anywhere near the £30m. I just hope we've got this one more right than wrong.
Don't know whether it was leaving it late or if they made their decision to chase him late. Not sure we will know.
On the price it probably is overpaying but weighed up against all the very favourable sale prices we've had over the last few years it balances out really.
Just hope Hugo gets him putting in more than Newcastle could, but maybe he just didn't care at a s**t performing club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back