Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
14224826_10210106994460239_5092786978774683770_n.jpg
This is potentially the best squad of players I have seen at the club since I began supporting them (1980). One player short up front though. Other than that the balance is really good (we've tended to usually have far weaker defensive players than attacking ones). Also we just don't have a particularly weak area now. When we had the likes of Ardiles, Hoddle, Gazza, Lineker there was always a John Lacey, Mitchell Thomas, Terry Fenwick type player to * the team up (in terms of winning the league).

COYS

This is potentially the best squad of players I have seen at the club since I began supporting them (1980). One player short up front though. Other than that the balance is really good (we've tended to usually have far weaker defensive players than attacking ones). Also we just don't have a particularly weak area now. When we had the likes of Ardiles, Hoddle, Gazza, Lineker there was always a John Lacey, Mitchell Thomas, Terry Fenwick type player to **** the team up (in terms of winning the league).

COYS
Nah haven't you heard. We only buy shite :D

Nah haven't you heard. We only buy shite :D
Let's be honest (speaking on behalf of myself and the other guys) we all wanted and perhaps expected a marquee singing who would go straight into the team. Instead we have strengthened our back-up considerably. Perhaps that was the better option. Time will tell!

Let's be honest (speaking on behalf of myself and the other guys) we all wanted and perhaps expected a marquee singing who would go straight into the team. Instead we have strengthened our back-up considerably. Perhaps that was the better option. Time will tell!
I agree. Wanted that one killer signing but have improved our CM positions with two players. Can't complain there.
I wasn't taking a shot at you over the buying "shite"....

In other news Allardice is going to drop Dele from the starting team. Wonder how this will affect him. I hope it has a positive rather than negative one. There is an attitude problem with him I think so I'm not hopeful

Evening Standard: Sissoko was valued at £30million and Tottenham finally agreed to meet that price, although the structure of the payments means Newcastle would receive the full fee — in five instalments of £6m — only if he stays for the duration of his five-year contract.

Not bad if true. Only paying the full fee if he stays the full term is less risk than having to even if he flops or continues with the bad attitude exhibited at Newcastle. Also reported 80k p/w wages.

So thinking a little more, Lamela apparently will play Wednesday night (UK time) for Argentina in Venezuela so probably won't be back in England until late Thursday. You'd think that'd rule him out of a 3pm Saturday start.
Son forgo international duty this week so suspect he'll start.
Sissoko and N'Koudou haven't played at all this season and haven't got up to speed with Poch's game plan so can't see either of them starting.

Lloris/Vorm
Walker Toby Jan Rose
Dier Wanyama
Son Alli Eriksen
Kane

Given
Johnson Shawcross Martins-Indi Pieters
Imbula Allen
Shaqiri Bojan Arnautovic
Bony
That's not looking like a side that we'll beat easily away from home. Especially with Kane yet to score this season, Eriksen in poor form and having to play two static DM's. Hope we can eek out a scratchy win tbh and then push on with Dembele and Sissoko driving at defences.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I personally never said that as a rigid statement.
I only said unless we found an upgrade, remains to be seen if his replacement GKN is exactly that.
Son showed more all last year than Chadli, he doesn't have to play as a back up striker anymore also and can be played as a damaging wide forward now with Janssen around.

Shame whenever he wasn't injured he was poorly utilised last year, both times we played Chelski for example he was substituted and our energy/creativity levels completely dropped off without him (hem hem Mason hem hem) and we dropped crucial points in both games.

We spent 20m on him, he is a proven performer in the Bundesliga, give him a go and he will produce.

Anyone noticed the results have been the exact same as last season? The only difference is we draw at home to Liverpool 0-0 last season (1-1 this season)

Anyone noticed the results have been the exact same as last season? The only difference is we draw at home to Liverpool 0-0 last season (1-1 this season)
He's not improving the team. Poch out!!!!!!

:D

We've got a relatively good schedule in September - no tough games (on paper) so we need to maximise. Dembele coming back at a good time.

I'd have taken 8 points from the first 4 games - although thought we could get 9 or 10. But it's been ok

Lol looked right early on about son. Was good after the goal

Perfect game really. Dele and Kane break their ducks
Not wrong. Son bags a couple. Kane off the mark. Dele off the mark.
Eriksen with a couple of assists. Just need a first goal for Janssen to life his confidence.

Not convinced on son at all still. Bit of a headless chook for the most part. Good finisher though and at least unlike Chadli he has pace!

Would start Dembele over Dier for the midweek game. Save Dier's legs a bit. Lamela probably comes in maybe for Son. Would stick with Eriksen for every game and get some form into him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back