Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2BNqOnq.jpg

UW40Uzs.jpg

Starting to take shape now.

I think I just applied for a job with Tottenham. Dealing with correspondence and monitoring fan sites and forums for issues and concerns. It didn't say Tottenham - just "a premiership club in London who are listed among the biggest 20 clubs in the world". That's gotta be us hasn't it as if it was Arsenal or Chelsea they would have said "the top 10 clubs in the world". Was advertised through an agency so I am non the wiser

Pathetic. Drawing with that dross.
My concerns coming home to roost JD. Haven't strengthened enough.

Not good enough in attack. We are starting to miss Kane badly
We just need more out of Eriksen and to have faith in GKN who does look like he'll be a bit hit. He should have come on for Son sooner. Still need Isco though. Eriksen doesn't create enough and Dele Alli is only 20 can't expect him to deliver week in week out.

I'd take a 19-19-0 season ;) 76 points + a champions league run would be decent

I think I just applied for a job with Tottenham. Dealing with correspondence and monitoring fan sites and forums for issues and concerns. It didn't say Tottenham - just "a premiership club in London who are listed among the biggest 20 clubs in the world". That's gotta be us hasn't it as if it was Arsenal or Chelsea they would have said "the top 10 clubs in the world". Was advertised through an agency so I am non the wiser
I like it one for you hopefully getting it and two the club actually having a job for that. They've made a real effort to engage more with fans from about 10-15 games into Poch's reign

And watch Arse or the Bin Dippers win the title with only 80 points?

Would rather a 19-9-10 season and 5th to be honest than a 19-19 unbeaten season which would likely be 2nd/3rd place would be #spursy as ****

And watch Arse or the Bin Dippers win the title with only 80 points?

Would rather a 19-9-10 season and 5th to be honest than a 19-19 unbeaten season which would likely be 2nd/3rd place would be #spursy as ****
That would be pretty unlucky. But I'm more setting the bar on the side to achieve the same number of points as last season and get out of our CL group. If that many points is 2nd, 4th, 5th or whatever it is I'll be pretty content with it. Unless we got Isco (which he knocked us back so can't say we didn't try) I can't see us making massive strides while competing in our first CL in a while

We just need more out of Eriksen and to have faith in GKN who does look like he'll be a bit hit. He should have come on for Son sooner. Still need Isco though. Eriksen doesn't create enough and Dele Alli is only 20 can't expect him to deliver week in week out.

No, I think we are still 1 attacking player short, you know what type of player we need. Sadio Mane. lightning pace but far far better finishing ability than N'Koudou. Would swap the 30m on Sissoko for Mane in a heartbeat. Look at Woolwich, Alexis and Theo are not slow and can finish. The ox is another.
Dele, Eriksen and Lamela aren't slow but they're not fast either. We need pace to move stubborn defences that we struggle with. Otherwise we're relying on those 3 and Dembele to pick a sublime pass in heavy traffic. Not easy to do, even harder with a striker still learning and adapting to the Prem.

Maybe Isco is a man we can pursue in January if Zizou still doesn't give him much game time.
I said all Summer transfer window that Chadli should only have been allowed to leave if he was replaced with a proven player, his replacement, GKN is far from that, I hope that he can, in time, use his pace and add a more polished finish to that but at present he's not. Our width a pace comes from Walker and Rose whom barring some occasional gems aren't great at crossing.

Been saying this for a while mate, need pace out wide, yet Poch would rather average paced attacking mids who have defensive games and can pass it around.

Sometimes we need that all out attacker who can change a game. Haven't had it since Bale left.
Who would be a good option to pursue in either January or the summer?
Can't say I follow other leagues too closely.

No one

Because that's what Levy would do

Poch spent his last pennies on Sissoko
For January quite possibly.
He'll get more funds in the summer though so who's suitable?

Kane back shall help the team (derr!) as it was his relationship with Alli that was what made us potent last season. Dele with quite a few late runs into the box and he or HK creating pockets of space for one another. Apparently a 50/50 for Leverkusen and is expected to be back for Woolwich. He loves a goal against the filth too :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're a lot faster than we were last season. Onomah, GKN and Sissoko all have Chadli covered for pace.

The problem is Poch barely starts them and goes with the usual 3 behind the striker. Would love to see any of those 3 for more than 15 minutes

Also on our little funk at the moment. 4 games without Kane & 3.5 without Toby.

City
Brom
Bournemouth
Leicester

Would have taken 8 points from that block of games with them both fit. To get 6 without them isn't that bad. It just proves that Son/Jansdado & Dier are well short of where we need them to be as backups. And that Eriksen can't take on the mantle as star attacking player while Kane is out. Dele is still too young to shoulder that burden.

We're a lot faster than we were last season. Onomah, GKN and Sissoko all have Chadli covered for pace.

The problem is Poch barely starts them and goes with the usual 3 behind the striker. Would love to see any of those 3 for more than 15 minutes
Cannot agree. Sorry.
We need some quality coming off the bench or we'll keep drawing games.

Cannot agree. Sorry.
We need some quality coming off the bench or we'll keep drawing games.
What's the point. Poch doesn't sub before the 78th minute

We need pace to start with quality like Eriksen/Son to come on if the pace isn't working. The other way around like now doesn't tend to work well against sides who sit back. By the time the pacy bench option is on we are in panic mode with 10-15 to go and they are lucky to see the ball 10 times

What's the point. Poch doesn't sub before the 78th minute

We need pace to start with quality like Eriksen/Son to come on if the pace isn't working. The other way around like now doesn't tend to work well against sides who sit back. By the time the pacy bench option is on we are in panic mode with 10-15 to go and they are lucky to see the ball 10 times
as much as we need pace what's the point of giving first team minutes when we need to chase a result to players like Onomah?
He's unlikely to have that impact off the bench in the first team and even less likely as a starter. Said it in August and will say it again now, he needed to be loaned.

GKN, I don't know, has pace but not much end product, looks to me like a smaller and less powerful Zaha.
We needed a player like Mane, can start, can finish, has pace etc. These 6/10 wingers aren't taking us forward I'm afraid.

Mane off the bench would be half as effective. We need pace like Onomah or GKN from the start so we can be on the front foot more than just passing around nicely with Eriksen alli and Lamela. We huff and puff for 70 odd minutes with guile and lots of possession but for no avail. At least some pace and trickery could offer something different.

It's not like we don't have it Poch just doesn't use it early enough.

Isco in this side wouldn't help one bit it'd just be another nice player to have but wouldn't help us unlock Bournemouth or Brom

Yes and I assert that those two aren't the answer off the bench.
If we had Mane he'd start and Lamela would be coming off the bench more often.
GKN is meant to be our Mane pacy signing. We weren't in for Mane because Poch wasn't interested. And Clint Dempsey aside we don't generally go for the more experienced targets that LFC chase.

I do agree that it is a worry that we only have 3 pacy options (Onomah, GKN, Sissoko) in midfield. But it's 3 more than last season once Townsend left. Maybe Poch doesn't see the use for it as much as us and Klopp?

Also harsh on GKN and Onomah to say they don't deserve starts if we need results. Same could be said about Alli, Dier, Kane etc before they became regulars. I like that Poch has called out Eriksen. Hopefully it's not too long until he drops him or he gets back to the form of 2013-15

We are well short of last season at the moment. Lot of them not pulling their weight. One good season and they think they've arrived. I've been here before

Yes and I assert that those two aren't the answer off the bench.
If we had Mane he'd start and Lamela would be coming off the bench more often.
Imo Eriksen should move back to his Sherwood LW role or be benched, he's giving us nothing in this role he's playing currently.

1 of Alli or Lamela at 10, Son out wide also

Eriksen, Lamela and Alli are too similar, but Lamela and Alli have shown more this year than Eriksen by a mile. Seems Eriksen for mine is getting reputation starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back