Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand the criticism for Janssen, however what did everyone think of Lamela after his first season? Bit early to say go in January I reckon. Not sure a few of his team mates have done him many favours with their ball use either, considering he has to take a heck of a lot of balls with his back to goal. He has a fair bit of ability, adaptation takes time.

I can understand the criticism for Janssen, however what did everyone think of Lamela after his first season? Bit early to say go in January I reckon. Not sure a few of his team mates have done him many favours with their ball use either, considering he has to take a heck of a lot of balls with his back to goal. He has a fair bit of ability, adaptation takes time.
Nope I felt sorry for Lamela from day one. Thrown into that NLD. Then picked up an injury who couldn't shake and had Nigel Farrage's mate Sherwood in charge. Even in the darkness there was 2-3 flashes of what he could do

Bit rough saying that. He scored goals for fun in the Dutch Erevidivie.

Might suggest saying he is not right for our system.

What are your thoughts re: Sandro Ramirez and the endless speculation we are interested?
Dutch first division is one of the most attacking first divs in the world. The second div where he signed from has the most goals per game in all of Europe. Think we might have bought a guy who had a Vardy / DJ Campbell (remember him from Blackpool) one off season last year.

When the rumours keep coming back there must be some truth to it. I like that Barca didn't want to sell without a buyback clause. Personally haven't seen that much of him. I'm gutted Fulham did us over with Dembele

To be honest 4-4-2 is a system that hasn't worked well for us since the days of Defoe/Keane/Berbatov were rotating up front. Kane and Janssen doesn't make me think it will break that mould.

Looking forward to having Sissoko and Lamela back. We can bench Eriksen then so he can get his head right.

WealstoneRaider had a Hammers friend send me this. Not a bad read. So glad we missed out on Taxpayer Stadium.

How envious was I on Sat evening with the Sp*rs new stadium. Its going to be immense, Compared to what we have its a joke.

Don't know if anyone else saw this article in the Telegraph. Spot on unfortunately.

How Tottenham's Daniel Levy had the last laugh on West Ham over the Olympic Stadium

Tottenham Hotspur's Stadium TV webcam is the most watched construction site in the world with 1.2million viewers a month and there is at least one man who logs on without fail at 6am every morning.

Chairman Daniel Levy is the station’s most regular viewer, checking that work has started at the crack of dawn each day before making his breakfast or reading the latest headlines on West Ham United’s struggles at their new London Stadium.

Levy is leaving nothing to chance over the rebuilding of White Hart Lane and it is little wonder when the cost of seven tower cranes alone exceeded £6m because a lack of supply meant they had to be bought instead of rented.
The resale value, which Levy is so careful to protect when it comes to Tottenham’s players, has taken a hit by his decision to paint large Spurs cockerels on the cranes although the 54-year-old will still probably try to negotiate a profit on them.

On the fourth floor of the old ground’s west stand, Levy may well find it hard not to utter the words ‘I told you so’ when he is joined by West Ham co-chairmen David Sullivan and David Gold, along with vice-chair Karren Brady, in the directors’ lounge for the final derby meeting between the two clubs at either of their traditional homes on Saturday.
Levy was widely derided for, in 2011, proposing that Tottenham would knock down the Olympic Stadium, build a new dedicated football arena on the site and refurbish Crystal Palace as a 25,000-capacity home for athletics. The plan largely clinched the Stratford venue for West Ham.

But five years later, the proposal does not look so crazy even though, despite the 6am starts to check Tottenham’s ‘Stadium TV’, Levy will now be relieved that it never came to fruition.

There was a warning from stadium expert Paul Fletcher that the only way to solve the mounting problems at the London Stadium would be to pull it down and rebuild it following the trouble between West Ham and Chelsea fans.

London mayor Sadiq Khan has ordered an independent inquiry into the conversion bill of the stadium that has risen by another £51million, due in large part to problems regarding the so-called retractable seating that has been installed.

The fact the seats take around 15 days to be manually removed and the same amount of time to be reinstalled means West Ham may not be able to play their first home game of next season until September because of the 2017 World Athletics Championships that take place in August.
Tottenham will not have any such worries when their new White Hart Lane home is complete. While the seats will not need moving, the plan is for a retractable pitch that will potentially allow NFL games to be played on the same weekend as Premier League matches.

As anchor tenants West Ham were only liable for £15m of their conversion costs and are paying £2.5m a year in rent for a stadium that is on course to cost £753m with the rest largely borne by the taxpayer.

In contrast, Deloitte has estimated that the new Tottenham stadium, which is scheduled to open at the start of the 2018-19 season, will be worth £370m in gross value added revenue to London.

While Spurs continue negotiations with a number of companies over a naming rights deal that will be worth upwards of £20m-a-year, West Ham are currently unlikely to find anybody willing to put their name to the London Stadium for around £6m-a-year of which the Hammers would pocket £1m.

Chairman of British Athletics Ed Warner had labelled Tottenham’s plan for Stratford as “woefully inadequate”, while Lord Coe, then chairman of the London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games, threw his support behind West Ham’s bid.
There is a theory inside Spurs that Coe’s stance amounted to an expensive job application for the presidency of the International Association of Athletics Federations.

Vinci, the company responsible for maintaining the London Stadium, have denied suggestions they have already examined the possibility of pulling out of their 25-year contract because of the issues raised since West Ham moved in.

But there have been disagreements over the criticism of the stewarding and West Ham’s apparent reluctance to fund security improvements or the cost of extra policing at games.

The Hammers have provided a handy guide on ‘how not to move into a new stadium’, but Levy will tell you he saw it all coming and his 6am starts ensure nothing escapes his watch on the White Hart Lane rebuild.

For some reason I always forget about this thread and the entire dedicated club sub-forum.

Anyway, looking forward to the game this weekend. Not only for the #bantz on here but at home also as by brother is a Chelsea supporter. And really, it's just a huge game, even if the events at the Bridge hadn't have happened last season.

Had to change my avatar accordingly as well. :)

WealstoneRaider had a Hammers friend send me this. Not a bad read. So glad we missed out on Taxpayer Stadium.

How envious was I on Sat evening with the Sp*rs new stadium. Its going to be immense, Compared to what we have its a joke.

Don't know if anyone else saw this article in the Telegraph. Spot on unfortunately.

How Tottenham's Daniel Levy had the last laugh on West Ham over the Olympic Stadium

Tottenham Hotspur's Stadium TV webcam is the most watched construction site in the world with 1.2million viewers a month and there is at least one man who logs on without fail at 6am every morning.

Chairman Daniel Levy is the station’s most regular viewer, checking that work has started at the crack of dawn each day before making his breakfast or reading the latest headlines on West Ham United’s struggles at their new London Stadium.

Levy is leaving nothing to chance over the rebuilding of White Hart Lane and it is little wonder when the cost of seven tower cranes alone exceeded £6m because a lack of supply meant they had to be bought instead of rented.
The resale value, which Levy is so careful to protect when it comes to Tottenham’s players, has taken a hit by his decision to paint large Spurs cockerels on the cranes although the 54-year-old will still probably try to negotiate a profit on them.

On the fourth floor of the old ground’s west stand, Levy may well find it hard not to utter the words ‘I told you so’ when he is joined by West Ham co-chairmen David Sullivan and David Gold, along with vice-chair Karren Brady, in the directors’ lounge for the final derby meeting between the two clubs at either of their traditional homes on Saturday.
Levy was widely derided for, in 2011, proposing that Tottenham would knock down the Olympic Stadium, build a new dedicated football arena on the site and refurbish Crystal Palace as a 25,000-capacity home for athletics. The plan largely clinched the Stratford venue for West Ham.

But five years later, the proposal does not look so crazy even though, despite the 6am starts to check Tottenham’s ‘Stadium TV’, Levy will now be relieved that it never came to fruition.

There was a warning from stadium expert Paul Fletcher that the only way to solve the mounting problems at the London Stadium would be to pull it down and rebuild it following the trouble between West Ham and Chelsea fans.

London mayor Sadiq Khan has ordered an independent inquiry into the conversion bill of the stadium that has risen by another £51million, due in large part to problems regarding the so-called retractable seating that has been installed.

The fact the seats take around 15 days to be manually removed and the same amount of time to be reinstalled means West Ham may not be able to play their first home game of next season until September because of the 2017 World Athletics Championships that take place in August.
Tottenham will not have any such worries when their new White Hart Lane home is complete. While the seats will not need moving, the plan is for a retractable pitch that will potentially allow NFL games to be played on the same weekend as Premier League matches.

As anchor tenants West Ham were only liable for £15m of their conversion costs and are paying £2.5m a year in rent for a stadium that is on course to cost £753m with the rest largely borne by the taxpayer.

In contrast, Deloitte has estimated that the new Tottenham stadium, which is scheduled to open at the start of the 2018-19 season, will be worth £370m in gross value added revenue to London.

While Spurs continue negotiations with a number of companies over a naming rights deal that will be worth upwards of £20m-a-year, West Ham are currently unlikely to find anybody willing to put their name to the London Stadium for around £6m-a-year of which the Hammers would pocket £1m.

Chairman of British Athletics Ed Warner had labelled Tottenham’s plan for Stratford as “woefully inadequate”, while Lord Coe, then chairman of the London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games, threw his support behind West Ham’s bid.
There is a theory inside Spurs that Coe’s stance amounted to an expensive job application for the presidency of the International Association of Athletics Federations.

Vinci, the company responsible for maintaining the London Stadium, have denied suggestions they have already examined the possibility of pulling out of their 25-year contract because of the issues raised since West Ham moved in.

But there have been disagreements over the criticism of the stewarding and West Ham’s apparent reluctance to fund security improvements or the cost of extra policing at games.

The Hammers have provided a handy guide on ‘how not to move into a new stadium’, but Levy will tell you he saw it all coming and his 6am starts ensure nothing escapes his watch on the White Hart Lane rebuild.
Well let's see how our stadium pans out first, but I'm pretty sure we dodged a missile with the Stratford stadium.

Is there any news on where we are playing next season?

Well let's see how our stadium pans out first, but I'm pretty sure we dodged a missile with the Stratford stadium.

Is there any news on where we are playing next season?
Minutes from the THFC and THST meeting.

Ref Wembley for UCL:
"In excess of 52,000 three game packages had been sold"

"...filling Wembley and making the matches accessible to as many fans as possible was the priority and certainly not a revenue generating exercise"

"...stating categorically that those games could not have been played at White Hart Lane"

"...criticism of the phasing of seat sales. IM explained this was because the high demand could not have been predicted before sales started. More blocks were released for sale as the extent of demand became clear. THFC and Wembley Stadium didn’t want to open up the entire stadium and have people dotted around"
(I don't get this excuse, as it wasn't the worst seats withheld, it was the best & most obvious on tv... no sense at all)

Wembley Prem season:
"...current thinking of the Club’s board was not to offer a Season Ticket amnesty at Wembley for next season"
(this one splits opinion...!)
"...pricing for the full season at Wembley had not yet been agreed"

Away allocations:
"...executive ST holders are entitled to 9% of the away tickets pot. This is likely to increase to 12-13% once the new stadium is opened"

NWHL STs:
"There are currently c 21,000 ST holders, excluding the ‘Premium’ members. Rough figures indicated they were looking at increasing that to 40,000 in the new stadium, excluding the 8,000 ‘Premium’ seats."

Stubhub:
"StubHub contract expires in May. IM confirmed that all options are being reviewed, including an in-house exchange"

Safe Standing:
"ratio of a standing space to a seat would be 1:1, so it was likely there would be no reduction in price for tickets in a standing area"

"7,200 places in the lower section of the 17,000 single tier end could be converted for this purpose. The rake in the new stadium was too steep for this to apply to the entire end"

Wembley for Europa if we drop from UCL?
"...as Spurs are still in the Champions League, no decisions have been reached regarding playing in the Europa League"

Online ticketing:
"One member said that the “manual adjustment” of loyalty points made it impossible to check game-by-game points allocations on One Hotspur accounts online. IM said this shouldn’t be the case and will check and come back to the Supporters’ Trust."

Minutes from the THFC and THST meeting.

Ref Wembley for UCL:
"In excess of 52,000 three game packages had been sold"

"...filling Wembley and making the matches accessible to as many fans as possible was the priority and certainly not a revenue generating exercise"

"...stating categorically that those games could not have been played at White Hart Lane"

"...criticism of the phasing of seat sales. IM explained this was because the high demand could not have been predicted before sales started. More blocks were released for sale as the extent of demand became clear. THFC and Wembley Stadium didn’t want to open up the entire stadium and have people dotted around"
(I don't get this excuse, as it wasn't the worst seats withheld, it was the best & most obvious on tv... no sense at all)

Wembley Prem season:
"...current thinking of the Club’s board was not to offer a Season Ticket amnesty at Wembley for next season"
(this one splits opinion...!)
"...pricing for the full season at Wembley had not yet been agreed"

Away allocations:
"...executive ST holders are entitled to 9% of the away tickets pot. This is likely to increase to 12-13% once the new stadium is opened"

NWHL STs:
"There are currently c 21,000 ST holders, excluding the ‘Premium’ members. Rough figures indicated they were looking at increasing that to 40,000 in the new stadium, excluding the 8,000 ‘Premium’ seats."

Stubhub:
"StubHub contract expires in May. IM confirmed that all options are being reviewed, including an in-house exchange"

Safe Standing:
"ratio of a standing space to a seat would be 1:1, so it was likely there would be no reduction in price for tickets in a standing area"

"7,200 places in the lower section of the 17,000 single tier end could be converted for this purpose. The rake in the new stadium was too steep for this to apply to the entire end"

Wembley for Europa if we drop from UCL?
"...as Spurs are still in the Champions League, no decisions have been reached regarding playing in the Europa League"

Online ticketing:
"One member said that the “manual adjustment” of loyalty points made it impossible to check game-by-game points allocations on One Hotspur accounts online. IM said this shouldn’t be the case and will check and come back to the Supporters’ Trust."
I never realised it had been agreed to play our Prem matches st Wembley next season! Thought the decision was still pending

I hope we perform better there than we have shown in the UCL this season

For some reason I always forget about this thread and the entire dedicated club sub-forum.

Anyway, looking forward to the game this weekend. Not only for the #bantz on here but at home also as by brother is a Chelsea supporter. And really, it's just a huge game, even if the events at the Bridge hadn't have happened last season.

Had to change my avatar accordingly as well. :)
Been watching highlights from last season and can already see one clear difference.
The DM, whilst Wanyama has been very good and has been well and truly a good transfer from watching games last season Dier is much much better at passing the ball. His passing range is much better and more direct.

I think this may be contributing to our more slow and methodical (AVB like) approach atm.
Eriksen out of form, Dele in and out of the team. Lamela injured. Looks as though the only real threat we have to move the ball forward at pace is Dembele.

As much as I am loving Wanyama I would like to see a return to the Dembele/Dier partnership when Alderweireld regains fitness. See if that helps speed our play up a little bit. When we go up tempo not many teams can go with us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been watching highlights from last season and can already see one clear difference.
The DM, whilst Wanyama has been very good and has been well and truly a good transfer from watching games last season Dier is much much better at passing the ball. His passing range is much better and more direct.

I think this may be contributing to our more slow and methodical (AVB like) approach atm.
Eriksen out of form, Dele in and out of the team. Lamela injured. Looks as though the only real threat we have to move the ball forward at pace is Dembele.

As much as I am loving Wanyama I would like to see a return to the Dembele/Dier partnership when Alderweireld regains fitness. See if that helps speed our play up a little bit. When we go up tempo not many teams can go with us.
Yeah I agree with that, but Wanyama is also more mobile than Dier and is probably better defensively in terms of hastling the opponents. Dier is a much underrated passer of the football though.

It's one of the reasons why Winks was such a refreshing addition this weekend. He's always looking to get the ball on the half turn and make quick vertical passes. His passing range is seriously excellent, maybe the best in the team already, and he's also nuggety and tenacious enough despite his slight frame (unlike, say, Carroll) to get stuck in and do his share of the defensive work. Even if Dier stays at CB for a few weeks and Wanyama at DM hopefully the inclusion of Winks can lift our tempo a little.

Yeah I agree with that, but Wanyama is also more mobile than Dier and is probably better defensively in terms of hastling the opponents. Dier is a much underrated passer of the football though.

It's one of the reasons why Winks was such a refreshing addition this weekend. He's always looking to get the ball on the half turn and make quick vertical passes. His passing range is seriously excellent, maybe the best in the team already, and he's also nuggety and tenacious enough despite his slight frame (unlike, say, Carroll) to get stuck in and do his share of the defensive work. Even if Dier stays at CB for a few weeks and Wanyama at DM hopefully the inclusion of Winks can lift our tempo a little.
Which is why it's tough. If we're going to play with Wanyama which I have no problem with given his form we need players that can carry the ball forward.
That's not easy in the standard 4-2-3-1 system if we assume Dembele is next to VW. Eriksen in meh form and often gets stifled for room in that system particularly if we play a bus parking club.

Playing that system last Saturday which allowed another CM (Winks) requires full back width and I don't think we can use that against the Chavs on Saturday given Rose/Davies omission as Jan isn't as fast or as offensive at LB.

I think if we go 4-2-3-1 against their 3-4-3 then we may struggle. Particularly without Rose pulling Azpi wide (which he more than comfortable with btw).
with Alderweireld still out and likely Jan to play LB I don't think we can go 3 at the back.

So what then 4-4-2 diamond except this time Son partnering Kane, which would allow Winks to start again or, mirror Liverpool who were successful there and try a 4-3-3?

imo atm we seem to be like Arsenal, just 1-2 players short of what we need to seriously be a damn fine side.
What is Sissoko? Played CM for Newcastle and France but we use him RM (where to be fair he has also played for France) but does he really suit our play in that position?

Do you drop Eriksen or keep faith knowing that he tends to have purple patches of form.
What I do think we need is a winger with genuine pace, but unlike GKN someone who's better than a 'prospect' and a deep lying playmaker. Maybe that is/could be Winks/Alli or even Eriksen. I don't know, can't quite put my finger on it but I think something is lacking that'd make us a force.

So... Poch, are you going to take any cup competition seriously.

2nd string team in a must win game and then experiment with the formation. Simply not good enough.

Son, Alli and Eriksen were garbage.

Annoyed we are out, but we've been poor in the CL all season.

Fir me the priority was the league again this season. Get some continuity in the top 4. Of course I am annoyed we didn't make it out of the group, but also ok that going deep into the CL will not impact on our league campaign.

Of course I excpet that to change when we have the experience and squad to deal with the CL.

Poch out? Of course not. Those who moan about tonight would moan on the weekend when the same XI are exhausted and we draw/lose

2nd string team in a must win game and then experiment with the formation. Simply not good enough.

Wouldn't surprise me if we get relegated next year

Need to win at Wembley against CSKA just for goodness sake.......

Hopefully we have a good FA Cup run, more games at Wembley to practise on before we start dropping points there.

Wouldn't surprise me if we get relegated next year

Need to win at Wembley against CSKA just for goodness sake.......

Hopefully we have a good FA Cup run, more games at Wembley to practise on before we start dropping points there.

Yeah, don't think we'll have a great domestic season next year. Sides will get themselves up for a trip to Wembley. Don't think it'll be relegation bad though.

Europa or just below. We need a big summer transfer window. Not necessarily big in £££ terms but big as in strengthening the squad and preferably improving the first XI.

That wasn't a second string team. Trippier has regularly been rotated while Vertonghen will have to play LB on the weekend so it make sense to put Wimmer in to me. Eriksen has been out of form and Winks played well on the weekend so that was an acceptable change as well.

Disagree on Alli as well. Sure he's frustrating and he can be wasteful. But that's because he's always trying to create something and when it comes off it usually results in our best chances. I can forgive those times when he gives the ball away if he regularly creates 2-3 really good chances on goal, like he did in this game and does pretty much every game.

Anyway, that was a terrible result. You wonder how different our CL campaign would have gone if we could have played home games at the Lane, but it wasn't to be. It does make it concerning for next season though given that all of our home games are there.

That wasn't a second string team. Trippier has regularly been rotated while Vertonghen will have to play LB on the weekend so it make sense to put Wimmer in to me. Eriksen has been out of form and Winks played well on the weekend so that was an acceptable change as well.

Disagree on Alli as well. Sure he's frustrating and he can be wasteful. But that's because he's always trying to create something and when it comes off it usually results in our best chances. I can forgive those times when he gives the ball away if he regularly creates 2-3 really good chances on goal, like he did in this game and does pretty much every game.

Anyway, that was a terrible result. You wonder how different our CL campaign would have gone if we could have played home games at the Lane, but it wasn't to be. It does make it concerning for next season though given that all of our home games are there.
Fair enough. To me... this was must win. If Jan couldn't play 3 in a week rest him for West Ham. He had to play. Ditto Walker.

You do not go away to a decent club in absolute must win circumstances and play a 2nd string defence, Dier and Wimmer with Trippier was asking to lose... and we did. We're missing Lamela's creativity badly however.

Was a matter of time before these injuries catch up to us, going through most of last season without many problems then a heavy Euro schedule for many has definitely caught up with many.

Just gotta hold the fort and slug it out through this tough period, then who knows, could come good at the right time of the season once everyone is back and do a Doggies :p

Finishing top four again will just mean another season paying CL at the cursed Wembley. I'd rather us go all out to win the FA cup in a way as surely we are not producing the goods to win the league.

Strangely I just never got into the UCL campaign this time. Wether that's is the Wembley thing or knowing deep down we can't compete on two big fronts I am not sure.

Was a matter of time before these injuries catch up to us, going through most of last season without many problems then a heavy Euro schedule for many has definitely caught up with many.

Just gotta hold the fort and slug it out through this tough period, then who knows, could come good at the right time of the season once everyone is back and do a Doggies :p

I think Poch has as a well oiled machine.... for 2/3 of the pitch. Midfield and defence is brilliant.

Looks to me though that there is no discernible system of attack going forward. Made evident by the Leverkusen and Monaco games. Both had defensive structures in place but also had a well drilled game plan for offensive movement. As soon as they get the ball they know where to run, where and when to pass, who to pass to, where their teammates will be or will go.

With us, Poch doesn't seem to have that sorted (or is clueless) and as such when a player gets the ball it takes a second to ponder (now what do I do with it). What results? That slow and methodical sideways ball movement.

If we're going to turn the ball over and break, it must be quick. Quick decisions. Son was like this this morning, spurned a 1v1 chance with the keeper by not having that speed of mind. Sort of dwelled on the ball.

For all the doom and gloom after losing to lowly Monaco have a look at their XI and compare it to what we've had to put out in the CL this season

Mendy > Davies
Sidibe > Trippier (in fact he isn't far off walker who I do rate)
Jemerson > Wimmer

Lemar & Bernado Silva > Eriksen & Son
Fabinho > Wanyama
Joao Moutinho < Alli

Falcao > Janssen

Plain and simple they're just better than us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back