Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edwards reportedly is sailing close to the wind on that front
Saw that coming 12 months ago unfortunately.

Still unlikely for us to having a signing ready to play this weekend so what's everyone thinking our lineup will be? I can't see more than 4 starting who haven't been involved in our friendlies

Lloris
Aurier - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Davies
Eriksen - Dier - Dembele
Lucas - Son - Lamela

Is Lamela back from injury? Also what is the status on Sissoko? Geez we need some midfielders

Kane in, Lamela out. Amos in, Dembele out.

More of a 4-2-3-1 with Amos-Dier base with Lucas-Eriksen-Son behind Kane. That would work in the short term. Wouldn't surprise me if Kane doesn't start and Lolrente gives us 45 mins of nothing

He’s a Tottenham supporter.
And now Gero is on board the doom train. 3 days to go and still 0 signings. A few names now being linked can't say i'm overly thrilled by one of the ones making the most noise.

Current list in order of most likely to least in midfield
Grealish
Lobotka (who?)
Brozovic
Kovacic (why isn't he #1 on the list)
Lewis Cook

We will most likely try and scramble late if we sell Toby and bring in a CB but we may also go in 1 light. Martial/Zaha both very unlikely

I'd say we are 50/50 with Chelsea and Arsenal a 25% chance each. Favourites for the spot but we really were in a position to cement ourselves as a top 2-3 side

That's why they are half the chance of making it. The two CMs they've bought are very good. Not sold on the rest of Arsenal's buys they GK is decent but the rest are so-so. Chelsea only if they don't lose Hazard are always a big threat, at his best he is top 3 in the league

It's hard to know what to make of the window so far, there should be organic improvement based on the current squad alone.

Though I believe how Alderweirld plays out will probably tip this window into either a positive of negative.

Negative: Panic sell to United for $40 million without viable replacement brought in.
Neutral: Sold to a club outside of the PL for $40 million, with or without viable replacement
Positive: $55 million sell to United + viable replacement or $40 million sell to club outside of PL + viable replacement.

There is a fairly big premium on improving our rivals and $40 million to United doesn't cut it, I'd almost take $35 million overseas.

Kovacic to Chelsea on loan is frustrating, though I assume the player has made it clear he doesn't want to play for the Spurs.

Agree with the above. I am not panicking with no buys. We have not been able to nab our top priorities, and don’t need to fill up with meh players in an overinflated market (despite the market becoming the norm). Despite our squad being a bit thin, there is a harmony at the club. I would love to have a second XI that can rival our first XI, but that was never going to happen in one window. I was hoping for 1-3 key in’s that would slot I to the top 15, but I am happy to settle into the new stadium this season as is.

What I will be annoyed with is if Toby leaves. Especially to United. Then all of the above becomes irrelevant and I will rage.

I think we were very close to having a near on perfect 25-man squad if we got a few simple things right this summer. We are only lacking in 2-3 areas (plus a gun CB if Toby was to go).

CM: this has been the case since last summer when we failed to bring Barkley or any Dembele cover in. As good as Dembele is he will not play 30+ games out and in high paced games teams can take advantage of his lack of pace or if he is short of fitness. If he gets overrun we get smashed
AM: an adequate replacement/cover for Eriksen. Banking on Lamela to be fit is too risky
W/ST: this was incorrectly addressed signing both Janssen & Llorente. This needed to be a striker who can play out wide or alongside Kane so that they can be relevant. Another Son style player who we'd be happy with to cover at ST or play RW/LW

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not this again. We don’t need someone alongside Kane. Someone while he’s out is all that’s needed.
Not true. Because when he isn't out he plays every week and that player becomes redundant / out of touch like Janssen and Llorente because they're not getting any game time. In a perfect world Llorente has 0 league or CL starts this season that's a waste of a spot in the squad

Hmmmm Harry play every week or worry about some bench warmer...

Son is his back up. All we need really is back up to Son so that we lose nothing while he fills in up top
So you think we should either sell Llorente and bring no 3rd choice in?

Or you think it's wise to have a member of your 25 man squad you have no intention of starting (who is also taking up a non-HG spot)?

That's as dumb as our decision to not have a HG 3rd GK lol

It's a waste of a spot in the 25 if we don't replace Llorente. And with it being a big issue with HG players we are being stupid just leaving things as is. Means someone like Foyth, Llorente, Lamela etc. will be excluded yet getting a full wage

Or many Kovacic doesn’t want to be here.
Or maybe he’s only allowed to leave as they’re getting something back.
Kovacic is just 1 example. I'm sure there's 20-30 better CMs than an English kid in the championship. But i get we have to go HG due to Gazziniga & Llorente who we hope have 0 starts taking up 2 non-HG spots. There's a reason the top clubs sign English plodder 3rd GKs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back