Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current state as it has been for 3 months
giphy.gif

Serious question, has the new stadium meant transfer funds have been cut?
Possibly a modest budget but also a case of not being able to agree on deals with who we were after.
Pochettino admitted as such 3 hours ago. That for various reasons we couldn't agree on personal terms or fee or the other club hasn't yet got a replacement.

The change of window end date is probably to blame partly. Our journo's with links have suggested we've been trying to offload players before incomings (have too many foreigners for UEFA FFP) but with the continent window closing in 2.5 weeks those outgoings haven't eventuated. He suggested that players thinking of leaving needed to show us they were with us and show a professional attitude (i.e Alderweireld and Rose) so that's been a problem. Can't spend 55m on De Ligt if Toby stays, can't sell Toby if continent teams are desperate for him and United refuse to allow Martial to come to us.

Tried to swap Rose for Sessegnon but Fulham are hellbent on keeping him. Tried to send him to Schalke (reportedly) but couldn't convince PSG to give us Kurzawa.
Tried to get Grealish but new owners have said no.

So the last part of his press conference touched on that. We simply have not got who we wanted and decided to go without a signing than bring in guys that don't fit our style. Was touched on 3 days ago, that because the First XI is pretty much set we're now after specific targets to fill squad spots. Grealish fit due to being Home Grown and young.

I'd say we'd be odds on to do business in January.

Don’t read the daily mail comments action on the spurs article about s not signing anyone. We are getting hammered. Obviously everyone saying this is how it’s gonna be because we have no money because of the stadium loans. Not convinced that’s true

Pochettino May 15 2018
"If we want to be real contenders for big, big trophies, we need to review a little,"

"First of all, I need to speak with [chairman] Daniel [Levy], then we will know what we are going to do."

"I think it's a moment the club needs to take risks and if possible work harder than the previous season to be competitive again."

"I think I have a very clear idea what we need to do; I don't know if the club will be agreeing with me or not," Pochettino said.

"But we are going to talk, next week, to create the new project, or what I think what we need to do, together again, to try to improve."

Pochettino July 16 2018
"Yes. We are working so hard but still we are like it's the first day of the transfer window – with no signings"

"I think I am not the person to explain it.

"I think you need to be confident and trust in the people we have and the way that we work.

"I'm not relaxed because I'm a coach and you cannot be relaxed

"Of course, football is all about adding more quality every season like our rivals are doing.

Gero July 18 2018
Confident we’ll have someone before the end of the month just don’t know who.

Pochettino July 26 2018
“We’re working hard trying to improve the squad,”

“I’m not worried, I’m happy preparing the team to arrive in the best condition for the first Premier League game.”

Pochettino yesterday
“What the club is doing is showing it is brave,”
That is our decision - to keep the best players and to keep the squad. It is a brave decision.”

I share the disappointment over the transfer window. However, the fact we STILL have Toby - who isn't in a Manure shirt - represents some sort of victory.
Winks will be back eventually. Skipp and Amos? They have showed something. Poch has trust in our youth and doesn't mind rolling the dice with them.
Moura looked very sharp in the pre-season tournament and looks ready to make a statement.
A lot of our supporters online seem resigned to defeat with no signings, but I seem to recall that this squad of ours beat Real on aggregate in the CL last year.
Not prepared to throw the baby out with the bath water just yet.

Look at yourself.
Embarrassing.

You either trust Poch or you don’t.
I'm hopeful for Poch. Don't trust a word he says. But I also don't think it's his fault that we've done nothing. Hopefully he is happy enough to just finish 3rd/4th that would be a great achievement, he seems more ambitious than that though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still pretty confident we will finish top 4 but I don't think we are making any progress at all. We are hoping that the potential of Lucas, Lamela, Skipp/Amos & tactical brillance from Poch can outweigh the potential downfalls that could come our way (new stadium, age of JV & Dembele catching up with them, WC hangovers).

I think they'll balance themselves out and we will finish in the 74-77 point range + if we are lucky a cup SF run + a knockout tie in the CL. Whether 74-77 is enough for top 4 is beyond our control

Ambitious you say. The business we were linked with would only help us get 2-4th. We’re still going to achieve that.
At least aiming for 2nd could see you land at 1st if s**t hits the fan elsewhere. Like the Leicester season. Aiming for 4th relies on 3 teams failing rather than just 1

You seem to think Poch is happy with this lack of activity which I think is the funniest thing. He plays the party line with his comments but he wanted players and players early. He will make do with what he has

and if he was furious or upset with it he’d have banged on Levy’s door demanding signings and we’d have panic bought today.

The fact we haven’t suggests he’s relaxed
"I'm not relaxed because I'm a coach and you cannot be relaxed

"Of course, football is all about adding more quality every season like our rivals are doing."

He wasn't relaxed a month ago lol. Just be happy with 4th place trophy hunting for the year and move on. Nothing wrong with consolidation in the short-term. We just don't want it to be a decade of it like the goons had. Sure it'd be nice if we used the new stadium and our platform to build every year but this year we've just got to lower our expectations that's all

"Of course, football is all about adding more quality every season like our rivals are doing."
What have our rivals done in this window? Haven't seen anything to make us tremble with fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back