Toast BigFooty's chewysnake wins SuperCoach 2012 - leave messages of congratulations here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the well wishes guys. Im not silly enough to announce my trades leftso i'll just say i have precisely between -1 and 1 :confused:
Actually tossing up whether Swan or Ablett should be captain this week.

who are the teams below you going to have as captain? this may help the decision, but clealry not even sure why i am commenting as you are clearly better than me at this SC caper

who are the teams below you going to have as captain? this may help the decision, but clealry not even sure why i am commenting as you are clearly better than me at this SC caper
Its the exact thing im debating. Do i go Ablett again even tho i'm expecting a 100-130 or take a gamble on Swan,Beams,Dangerfield,Watson.
At this stage im putting Franklin as emergency also,can't back him in playing Sydney after 6 odd weeks out.

Impromptu may be able to help here. :)

chewysnake if I were you, I'd think about playing a safe bat. If you do that, it makes others take the risk. If those risks don't pay off, you may have it almost sewn up with one week remaining.

chewysnake if I were you, I'd think about playing a safe bat. If you do that, it makes others take the risk. If those risks don't pay off, you may have it almost sewn up with one week remaining.
I reckon its one of those weeks where the top 10 or so will be looking for an alternative to Ablett so im pretty sure no matter who i select will end up being different from all the others around me so im struggling to find a safe bet!

From my point of view*, thinking about it from a very basic level, the law of averages say Ablett will outscore everyone by approx. 20 points. However, I'd also be factoring into my consideration injury impacted scores etc, you'd be after the most consistent high scorer. Maybe based on std devtn/var analysis excluding outlier scores? I'd be going Gablett based on pure ability and history. Swan has apparently (via footy show) been critisised by the club for his high possession (i.e. not team oriented) style which may impact his style of game (or not)...... So basically what I'm trying to say is if it was me I'd go with my gut mate & good luck!! :thumbsu:

*Disclaimer: This advice is purely opinion and in no way replaces the fact you are ranked slightly higher than me and may or may not have a greater understanding and relience on the outcomes relevent to the current discussion. Resultantly, no liability is assumed for decisions made or not made reliant on statements contained in any context on BF or any other forum or media. However, gracious credit will be taken if you select GAblett on my advice and manage to increase/maintain your lead overall and win the competition for 2012...

Its the exact thing im debating. Do i go Ablett again even tho i'm expecting a 100-130 or take a gamble on Swan,Beams,Dangerfield,Watson.
At this stage im putting Franklin as emergency also,can't back him in playing Sydney after 6 odd weeks out.

Franklin on the bench?? Jesus no wonder your on top with gutsy moves like that?? i guess depends on who u have to cover him and whether those within 300 points have buddy or not

Actually tossing up whether Swan or Ablett should be captain this week.
Interesting you think ablett and swan will be the two best scorers. Seeing as you're the best SC'er this year, can I get your opinion? I only have one trade left and I need to win my league match against a really tough opponent. I already have Ablett, JPK, Priddis and Murphy. Who should I trade Selwood for? I can afford anyone. I was thinking Cotchin, but would you say Swan or someone else instead?

I reckon its one of those weeks where the top 10 or so will be looking for an alternative to Ablett so im pretty sure no matter who i select will end up being different from all the others around me so im struggling to find a safe bet!
Good luck mate.

Sorry a bit late with the advice, but I already gave my advice to chewysnake a few weeks ago via direct/private message. It was general and spiritual advice and was a bit of a fence sitting advice :).

Times like this you are the hunted (remember I was hunted for 20 weeks). If teams try to use a POD strategy, they are actually indirectly going against each other in terms of POD.

To me you have to play straight bat, no reserve sweeps, no slogs, stick to the 4.5 runs per over getting singles. Do a Geoff Marsh or Mark Taylor getting singles (a bit boring to watch but effective). Let the other teams go for the slogs or reverse sweeps. Wait until the 50th over (rd 23) and go for the smash if necessary like Deano Jones or Adam Gilchrist. Gilley is probably a bad example as he'll go for the 6 first ball (but you know what I mean).

Some spot on advice here. The teams behind you should be the ones taking the risk, not yourself. Gutsy leaving Frankling on the bench, he only scored 77. So i'm thinking it could have been a great move on your part.

Some spot on advice here. The teams behind you should be the ones taking the risk, not yourself. Gutsy leaving Frankling on the bench, he only scored 77. So i'm thinking it could have been a great move on your part.
Well with Pavlova pulling out i got his 77 anyway. Expected i'd have a late withdrawl so figured i'd probably be taking his score anyway. Similarr decisions this week tho o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't looked at this forum since I pretty much gave up SC after round 6 :)
But I thought I'd come and see if anyone was near the top.

Good work Chewy.

I Don't know if chewysnake would be up for this but I would be interested to see what his team looked like at the start of the year, what mistakes (if any) he made, etc. (obviously after sunday night) Also, Good luck mate we are all cheering you on.:thumbsu:

I Don't know if chewysnake would be up for this but I would be interested to see what his team looked like at the start of the year, what mistakes (if any) he made, etc. (obviously after sunday night) Also, Good luck mate we are all cheering you on.:thumbsu:
Thanks for the well wishes guys, had my dead pc off for repairs the past 3 days so was nearly in some strife. Would happily post my initial team.
Im no good at inserting images so ill type it out below

Def: Goddard Deledio Grimes Lake Clarke Ellis Mohr Bugg Morris
Mid:Ablett J Selwood Watson Montagna Parker Magner McDonald Shiel
Ruck:Mumford McIntosh Giles Redden
Fwd:Franklin Pavlich Dangerfield Sidebottom Martin Porplyzia D Smith A Hall Dickson

Crap, looking back plenty of dodgy choices so im thinking trading is where i got it right generally this year.

Good luck Chewy. I am a bit disappointed we are not meeting in the Port Bigfooty league grand final after your surprise loss in the prelim. I was looking forward to telling everyone I had taken down the number one player in the game in a grand final!

I think with the lead you have you shouldnt take any risks. Ablett got 198 in the same fixture last year. IF you were to go Ablett and 2nd went different you still wouldnt lose much IMO. 30/40 points at most. IF you go Swan and Ablett gets 160-180 you stand to lose way more.

When you keep chasing one card in a deck to get a straight you will at some point get that big pot. But most of the time you lose and lose big. Ablett is an up and down straight draw with a flush draw and already a pair of aces to go on. Swan is chasing the 3 Aces left in the deck to make a winning hand

The good thing for chewysnake is that there are probably only two teams in it (including his own), maybe three or four under freakish circumstances. It's hard to see anyone finding more than 300 points extra in one week over the leader.

The best way to tackle cheating is for vapormedia to first allow more than 5 leagues. I admit to having two teams with the sole purpose of wanting to join more leagues. One team is cash leagues while the other is forum/fun/non cash leagues. Anyone who considers that as cheating is an idiot. The guy witgh 18 teams obviously has a different motivation.

Another way to limit cheating is every account needs to be verified by a mobile phone number via a code sent as an sms. And an address. While some people might have two numbers plus a spouse etc it does limit and make it harder for multiple teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back