BigFooty's Official Ladder Predictor for 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

1. West Coast - Obvious choice.
2. St Kilda - Will play to their potential.
3. Bulldogs - On the rise.
4. Geelong - We will be back to where we were a few years ago.
5. Sydney - Their last year as contenders.
6. Port - Them and Geelong will be the major improver's in 2007.
7. Melbourne - Will make up numbers again.
8. Hawthorn - Will also improve, but won't get far until they fix their defense.
----------------------------------------------------
9. Freo - Will drop off a bit this year, wont reach the same form they did in 06.
10.Adelaide - Too old, will drop off.
11. Richmond - Won't improve, overrated youngsters. (what I said was right, position is still off though)
12. Essendon - Will be better with Lloyd back but won't be in the finals race.
13. Collingwood - Also getting older, will drop to the bottom 4 in 08 and rebuild.
14. Brisbane - Brown will carry this team but it's not enough to get out of the bottom 4.
15. Carlton - List is full of hacks but they do have Gibbs now and thats enough to get them off the bottom.
16. Kangaroos - Terrible list of hacks.
I think I did alright. Green = good predictions, blue = meh and red = wrong. Got that Freo and Adelaide won't make the final right and that Geelong, Hawthorn and Port would be the ones from the bottom 8 to jump into the top 8. The ones I stuffed up were pretty bad though especially the Kangaroos and I take back what I said about them.

Most of the predictions on here are absolutely disgustingly thought out in terms of the Roos, bottom 4 in most, bottom 8 in nearly all. Makes it all the sweeter :D

Too early to be making predictions, but what the hell:

West Coast - truly top quality players in the middle, now with a forward or two
St Kilda - possibly the best list in the comp, and now won't have the worst coach
Adelaide - last year near the top
Sydney - just know how to win, except yesterday
Melbourne - could really be anywhere from 3rd to 13th
Western Bulldogs - trade well and they could go higher
Fremantle - its a good list, but so are so many others
Geelong - really should be higher

Port Adelaide - they aren't a bad side
Richmond - at least its not 9th
Collingwood - bye bye magpie
Brisbane - Brown, Hadley and others back
Hawthorn - at the start of the year I thought they'd have a poor 2006 and build to 2007; from what I've seen they aren't as far advanced as I expected and 2007 will be a struggle as well
Essendon - Lloyd being back will make them more competitive, but not enough to win too many more games
North Melbourne - hate to say it, but our list is cr@p. Some good signs for '09 and beyond, with Harris already our most important player and Swallow, Moran, McIntosh, etc coming through; but presently lacking both pace and key position players
Carlton - and deservedly so, the cheating cretins

Can't say I'm unhappy about being completely wrong on almost every count.
I was even wrong twice with the Saints, St Kilda possibly still do have the worst coach (but he's new so time is on his side).
And when I said Geelong should be higher, I didn't mean THAT high.

West Coast
St. Kilda
Fremantle
Sydney
Western Bulldogs
Adelaide
Melbourne
Richmond

Port Adelaide
Geelong
Hawthorn
Brisbane
Collingwood
Essendon
Carlton
Kangaroos

Good effort. All 4 preliminary finalists in your bottom 8. Plus Hawthorn, being the 5th finalist in your bottom half.:thumbsu:

Bugger. I didn't do much better either:

Lidge said:
West Coast
Fremantle
Melbourne
St Kilda
Sydney
Adelaide
Western Bulldogs
North Melbourne

Hawthorn
Richmond
Essendon
Geelong
Collingwood
Brisbane
Port Adelaide
Carlton

1. West Coast dominated the H/A- slight blip at the start of the finals, but won the flag and wont lose enough talent to finish outside the top two
2. Sydney Like a typical premiership side they generally do just enough in the finals, but Roos will make sure they finish in the top four. I think top two
3: Western Bulldogs: WILL be the next Great Victorian Hope, and EVERYTHING will depends on how their big man stocks go.
4. Fremantle: Starting to burn, they have one of the best KPP in the comp (Pavlich) and a talented side finally delivering

5. St Kilda: Still have talent to burn, still have Gehrig, and all depends on how they gel under the new coach. Could surprise.
6. Adelaide: Last Chance. Stars arent getting any younger, and their lack of rucks will hurt bigtime. Dont expect to challenge for the flag, but we saw what Port did after yeas of choking. Will either just make the finals, or will finish well outside the eight, either way Crows supporter will have to expect a Brisbane like slide in the next few years.
7. Melbourne: Will be thereabouts, but seem to make a habit of late season dives. Have talent though, if they can avoid playing Carlton more than once, that will help.
8. Geelong: One of two things will happen: They will make the finals like the talented side they are, or they will miss the finals like the fragile side they are. I think they will make it.

9. Richmond: No explaination necessary
10: Hawthorn: Almost there, but not quite. The 2005 Western Bulldogs pf 2007
11: Post Adelaide: Rebuilding, and doing a damn fine job of it.
12: Brisbane: Jonathon Brown will see them get enough wins to go reasonably close. Wont disgrace themselves while they rebuild.
13. Collingwood: Old. Beyond Adelaide, Collingwood has the biggest cause of concern. Several stars slowing down, and will certainly lose a few after next year. I for one, will enjoy seeing the black and white masses writhe.
14: Carlton: Pumping more experince into the kids, but if we lose Thornton, we might be in trouble. Dont think the current ineptitude of the board will affect the playing group at all.
15: Kangaroos: Get used to it Roos fans
16: Essendon: In a few years time will have the worst list ion the competition. If any of Lloyd, Fletcher or Lucas go down, kiss 2007 away 'Dons fans. And hopefully this is right, because I would love nothing more (okay, seeing Collingwood with the spoon) that Essendon with the '07 spoon.

There are my (somewhat obvious) observations and predictions.

We are, finals footy that is :D

1. St Kilda - Somehow will finish top, will find a way under their new coach to get their 2nd/ 3rd tier (3/4 of the team) to step up. Doubt they will win the premiership, but should do alright.

2. Adelaide - Not sure why people are writing them off. They have the hunger there, and should they stay relatively injury free, should still be there in the second to last week of September.

3. Western Bulldogs - Not sure if they will reach these heights or not, should they manage to get Darcy on the park, I can't see why not, but if injuries take hold, they could drop back down to the 6-8 position.

4. West Coast - Now that they have won the premiership, I'm not sure if their intent desire will still be there. I have a feeling they might have some injury worries, which will derail their season towards the end. Still expect them to go close to winning it again.

5. Fremantle - Make way for the Bulldogs in the Top 4, but will still be potent if they can keep Farmer out of trouble, and make use of Tarrant and Solomon.

6. Sydney - After two extremely successful seasons, may slide a bit, and after a few good seasons with injury, may succumb to a few season-ending injuries. Expect their early 2006 bad form to carry a bit further in 2007.

7. Port Adelaide - The only new entrant to the Top 8 this year. It depends on Choco's mentality of playing the young players or not. If Tredrea can play, they will be a better chance, but they must stick to their youth policy, or risk similar smile bringing circumstances as this year.

8. Collingwood - With such an easy draw, should just scrape in after 21 rounds of the media saying how good they are. Expect another first round exit after having Tarrant kick 6 on them in the Elimination Final.

9. Geelong - Will just miss out after relying on so few players throughout the year. Expect them to churn out some Richmond-like performances next year, carnage one week, being destroyed the next.

10. Richmond- Surely couldn't finish 9th again. Could they?

11. Carlton - If they can find a ruckman who can give them decent service, I expect them to reach these lofty heights. A strong midfield and forward line will help them, but their terrible defence will hold them back.

12. Essendon - The return of Lloyd will intrinsically help their plight, but the lack of a midfield will cause their campaign to go around and around in circles.

13. Brisbane - Another lowly year for the triple premiers. 2008 should be a better year, but 2007 should be all abou rebuilding.

14. Melbourne - The odd year. Injuries, injuries, injuries. Daniher will be out the door, and they will be disgraceful. 2008 will be great for them though.

15. Hawthorn - The young players will struggle, with some older heads fading as their carrers come to an end. Only wins to be in Tasmania.

16. Kanagaroos - They are ****.
Okay well I was just plain wrong. I got West Coast and Sydney pretty much right in their areas, picked Port to make the finals, same with Collingwood. if Adelaide had not had the injuries they had, 2nd was very very possible. Melbourne and Brisbane I got right.

Now for the wrong'uns. Mainly, St Kilda, the Bulldogs, Fremantle, Hawthorn and the Kangaroos (especially). Geelong I'm not so worried about, I got half of it right, carnage one week, only prob was it was carnage the next, not capitulation.

Such an inexact science... but here goes

End Of Minor Round Ladder

1. West Coast
2. Sydney
3. Fremantle
4. Bulldogs
5. Adelaide
6. Melbourne
7. St Kilda
8. Hawthorn

9. Richmond
10. Geelong
11. Port Adelaide
12. Collingwood
13. Brisbane
14. Carlton
15. Essendon
16. Kangaroos:eek:

Without trying to work out %

West Coast and Sydney to fight out top spot

Fremantle and Bulldogs Adelaide and Melbourne to shuffle around in those next 4 spots

St Kilda will be around the mark

Hawthorn, Port, Geelong and Richmond to fight for 9th spot

Collingwood, could do anything but I think a slide is on the cards

The rest are still a year away

ahh 4 right. :eek:

1. West Coast
2. Bulldogs
3. Fremantle
4. St Kilda
5. Geelong
6. Sydney
7. Adelaide
8. Hawthorn
9. Richmond
10. Melbourne
11. Port Adelaide
12. Collingwood
13. Carlton
14. Essendon
15. Kangaroos
16. Brisbane
Not that impressive. Although 5 of my top 8 made it.
Fremantle, Bulldogs and Saints were teams that were disappointing this year, an I underrated the kangaroos, Port and collingwood. And overrated richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

11. Geelong, slide even further down, can't seem them making the 8

14. Geelong - haven't got the cattle to sustain long winning runs.

8 - Geelong - will get a kick in the pants over the summer.

15. Geelong - Premiership hangover will continue at the Cattery. Bomber Thompson to quit mid-season.

11- Geelong- this sqaud is shot to peices

16. North Melbourne- a nothing team going no where

BHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA bet you guys feel a little silly now

1. St Kilda - Somehow will finish top, will find a way under their new coach to get their 2nd/ 3rd tier (3/4 of the team) to step up. Doubt they will win the premiership, but should do alright.

2. Adelaide - Not sure why people are writing them off. They have the hunger there, and should they stay relatively injury free, should still be there in the second to last week of September.

3. Western Bulldogs - Not sure if they will reach these heights or not, should they manage to get Darcy on the park, I can't see why not, but if injuries take hold, they could drop back down to the 6-8 position.

4. West Coast - Now that they have won the premiership, I'm not sure if their intent desire will still be there. I have a feeling they might have some injury worries, which will derail their season towards the end. Still expect them to go close to winning it again.

5. Fremantle - Make way for the Bulldogs in the Top 4, but will still be potent if they can keep Farmer out of trouble, and make use of Tarrant and Solomon.

6. Sydney - After two extremely successful seasons, may slide a bit, and after a few good seasons with injury, may succumb to a few season-ending injuries. Expect their early 2006 bad form to carry a bit further in 2007.

7. Port Adelaide - The only new entrant to the Top 8 this year. It depends on Choco's mentality of playing the young players or not. If Tredrea can play, they will be a better chance, but they must stick to their youth policy, or risk similar smile bringing circumstances as this year.

8. Collingwood - With such an easy draw, should just scrape in after 21 rounds of the media saying how good they are. Expect another first round exit after having Tarrant kick 6 on them in the Elimination Final.

9. Geelong - Will just miss out after relying on so few players throughout the year. Expect them to churn out some Richmond-like performances next year, carnage one week, being destroyed the next.

10. Richmond- Surely couldn't finish 9th again. Could they?

11. Carlton - If they can find a ruckman who can give them decent service, I expect them to reach these lofty heights. A strong midfield and forward line will help them, but their terrible defence will hold them back.

12. Essendon - The return of Lloyd will intrinsically help their plight, but the lack of a midfield will cause their campaign to go around and around in circles.

13. Brisbane - Another lowly year for the triple premiers. 2008 should be a better year, but 2007 should be all abou rebuilding.

14. Melbourne - The odd year. Injuries, injuries, injuries. Daniher will be out the door, and they will be disgraceful. 2008 will be great for them though.

15. Hawthorn - The young players will struggle, with some older heads fading as their carrers come to an end. Only wins to be in Tasmania.

16. Kanagaroos - They are ****.

That is some sort of prediction for the Dees!!! :eek: Hope you're right about 2008 too :thumbsu:

You wouldn't happen to have the lotto numbers for this week would you?

1. Western Bulldogs - Darcy, Murphy, Aker and Hahn massive inclusions.
2. St Kilda - New coach who might have an idea, still a class list.
3. Geelong - Call it a hunch. Enough talent there to climb and were favourites for the flag at one stage. Ablett to be the forward revelation, not Hawkins.
4. West Coast - A bit of a slow start due to premiership hangover, but will still be top 4
5. Fremantle - Had a great year, but now the comp takes them seriously, sort of.
6. Adelaide - Older and slower but still enough talent to see them do well, Henny injured a big blow.
7. Sydney - The slider. Done fantastically well to have won a flag and appeared in another GF. Wouldn’t be surprised if they proved me wrong. Again.
8. Melbourne - Neitz a year older. No way Holland can play that well again. Still have a gun midfield to sneak them into the 8.

-------------

9. Collingwood - Who will kick their goals? Need another massive year from Didak but who knows how he will recover from injury. Nice draw though.
10. Brisbane - Two years ago they had 4 rising stars. Add J.Brown to the mix and they will be better than most think. Worries down back.
11. Port Adelaide - Fit Tredrea and P.Burg could see us surprise. Few of our players may have 2nd year blues, plus the comp is now aware of how good Pearce and S.Burg are.
12. Hawthorn - Defence is the worry, like last year. Who will stop the power forwards from kicking a bag?
13. Richmond - The loss of a couple of very good, very underrated experienced backman will show. Polak a dud. Still a bright future however.
14. Carlton - Add Murphy and another gun draft pick and they will get off the bottom. Still not good enough.
15. Essendon – How will Lloyd come back? Will it affect Lucas? Will Hird play many games? Fletcher not a spring chicken.
16. Kangaroos - Worst list in the comp. Good players aren’t getting younger and have few star youngsters. Even Wells is too inconsistent. Spoon, but will probably still beat Port twice.
:eek:

Ha! 50/50 in terms of making the finals though. Did pick Geelong as a bolter. Bottom 4 was nearly right.

Pretty terrible top 4 though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back