Bigger disappointment this year - Melbourne or Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

It’ll be an elimination final for both sides. Pretty sad that coming into round 7 one of these teams will be 2-4 and probably not going to play finals. The rot seems to set in early. The issue is also percentage. We’ve just been thumped two weeks running so we’ve taken a hit.

I honestly don’t know, I’d say we were ok for 3/4 against Richmond (at best). Our last quarter was awful and we made some terrible decisions. Watching Essendon today, they were pretty poor.

I’d say Melbourne in a really scrappy affair.

I actually think Etihad suits us more than the G these days, which isn't a good thing.

But really, who knows? We are an inefficient, flawed team, and if Essendon have one of their good weeks, I think they will win.

Now that the dust has settled it SHOULD be a cracker. Finals like atmosphere and game for both clubs. The Bombers have had two stirring victories at Etihad already this season beating the Adelaide teams but falling to the doggies. Melbourne were good for 3 quarters against the Tiges then just got blown away by a superior outfit. Were poor the week before against Hawthorn.

Time to stand up Dees. Lose this and it's three on the trot. Lucky they have some '' softer '' games coming up but this season has been unpredictable so nothing is a given. Especially on their form.

No test for Essendon the week after as Jade says they have a heaps better list
Never seen an entire supporter base get so wound up by a single poster.

something something head ****ed something

I went to this game last year after a good enough win on ANZAC Day & it was the most dull game I went to all year, zero atmosphere & Essendon were never in the hunt. Expecting much the same again except I'll watch from my lounge room, thank you very much...

If Dees win my social media feed will be a meltdown of Essendon supporters. Their fans are the most vocal.

It’s pretty sad that for us we could be 2-4 and our season potentially shot. All I can say is that for the sake of us playing finals and actually showing improvement, the next 4, including Essendon, are absolute must win games.

If we can’t arrest these fade outs as per the first 5 weeks then we’ve got issues. Right now Collingwood is well and truly ahead of us. We also don’t win enough games by big margins, so when we get thumped our percentage takes a beating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On current form Melbourne in a canter. I reckon they looked pretty damn good for 3 quarters.

Tuesday was a really weird game. Both teams applied so much pressure that skills and gameplans turned to crap. Last quarter withstanding I thought Richmond were a four goal better side throughout the night. I think once the game was into junktime our players didn't have it in them to keep up the same level of pressure and Richmond capitalised.

Watching a drunk bloke concuss himself to the commentary of Russel Robertson was probably the highlight of my night.

If they mixed the 2 teams up you would probably have 2 pretty good sides.
We're all inside mids and defenders, they're all running mids and forwards. I don't see any truly s**t players on either side now that Josh Green is injured (sorry JG).

Melbourne will probably win I reckon. Unless they come out really flat or make lots of turnover errors.
I don't think our forward line will be functioning too well with 3 small forward types out injured and Daniher way out of form.

On current form Melbourne in a canter. I reckon they looked pretty damn good for 3 quarters.
A 67 point loss followed by a 46 point loss. Glad we have the form coming into this game.

Melbourne usually beat us, but over the last near-decade, Essendon nearly always split ANZAC day and the game afterwards, usually, if they win - they lose the next week and vice versa.
But anyway, Melbourne will probably beat every team lower than them and lose to all the other top-8 sides this year, so they'll probably win.

Who's been the bigger disappointment this year and what does the rest of the season hold for these 2 teams?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back