Sports Biggest brain snap in sports

Remove this Banner Ad

In the 1924 Olympic fencing competition there was controversy over the judging (surprise!). The Italians and Hungarians got so mad at each other that words were exchanged - the point being these guys were all swordsmen - so they had a real duel. Three Musketeers stuff. One of the parties had his son deputise for him (which was allowed under the Code of Honour). One of the participants finished with 12 stitches in his head.

There was also another duel in 1924 which saw one of the referees fighting one of the top fencers. Those 2 guys fought for an hour, but didn't do any serious injury.

The Hungarians and italians REALLY hate each other in fencing (and everyone hates the French). Still do today.

would love to see a youtube of this

You mean the girl that gave absolutely everything she had in the tank and then dropped back because she was ******?

You mean the girl who was just mentally piss weak and didnt give it her all and was guilty of doing the same thinf previously that none of the other rowers had done because they actually deserved to be there.

Lay down sally deserved all the criticism she copped. Pathetic.

You mean the girl who was just mentally piss weak and didnt give it her all and was guilty of doing the same thinf previously that none of the other rowers had done because they actually deserved to be there.

Lay down sally deserved all the criticism she copped. Pathetic.

Um, I think you need to get all your facts right mate.

And yeah, mentally piss weak, I have no doubt you've competed in elite sports and represented your country, right?

Um, I think you need to get all your facts right mate.

And yeah, mentally piss weak, I have no doubt you've competed in elite sports and represented your country, right?

My facts are right. She gave up once before that Olympics in the same manner.

What I have done is irrelevant, the topic is lay down sally. She is mentally weak, at the very least compared to all the other rowers competing in that event.

She shoudn't have been there, was not up to it unlike her team mates.

My facts are right. She gave up once before that Olympics in the same manner.

What I have done is irrelevant, the topic is lay down sally. She is mentally weak, at the very least compared to all the other rowers competing in that event.

Your facts are wrong. One of her team mates alleged that she did, very different things mate. You are also basing your view of the events on sensational media reports after the fact, and brainless assumption. I actually went to school with the girl, and to say she was mentally weak, even slightly, is unbelievably ridiculous, but again, you're basing that opinion on pretty much nothing.

Yeah, it probably is irrelevant, but the fact that you've probably never competed at such a high level, means you actually have no *ingg idea what you are talking about. It's tantamount to those fat slobs you see at the football who scream that they could do better than that whenever a player runs out of gas or misses a kick. Just all piss and wind.

Your facts are wrong. One of her team mates alleged that she did, very different things mate. You are also basing your view of the events on sensational media reports after the fact, and brainless assumption. I actually went to school with the girl, and to say she was mentally weak, even slightly, is unbelievably ridiculous, but again, you're basing that opinion on pretty much nothing.

Yeah, it probably is irrelevant, but the fact that you've probably never competed at such a high level, means you actually have no *ingg idea what you are talking about. It's tantamount to those fat slobs you see at the football who scream that they could do better than that whenever a player runs out of gas or misses a kick. Just all piss and wind.

Yeah sure nice Ad hominem attack there, tldr.

So you are white knighting her in the hope that you pull a root at your next reunion?

The Olympics weren't a one off either, she had let her teammates down numerous times before.

I'd take her teammates opinion over yours, anyway:

2008:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/sally-robbins-and-slapper-hit-water/story-e6frf9if-1111115594305

Last week, McKay and members of the shadow sculling squad expressed serious concerns about Robbins fragility when the heat is applied in big races.
And Ginn doesn't blame Robbins teammates for being apprehensive about competing with her at the Games.
"I wouldn't be comfortable in the same boat and my whole position on this has changed in recent days after being at the trials," Ginn said..

2004:
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=3592056

According to Rowing Australia chief executive Andrew Dee, who was not present at the function, Robbins was speaking to head coach Noel Donaldson when Oliver walked past and slapped her on the shoulder.
The incident was the latest in a series of heated exchanges between Robbins - dubbed by the media as Laydown Sally - and the other members of the women's eight, with Robbins enduring the wrath of her team-mates over the past few weeks after she stopped rowing during their final at last month's Olympics.

Thanks. I chose to go in all guns blazing and not leave anything in the tank, just like Lay Down Sally.

As for my contribution, this has to be one of them/

So you are white knighting her in the hope that you pull a root at your next reunion?

Oh yeah, definitely. After the thousand or so times I've run it through my mind, I plan it to go something like this:

"Hi, IAMJUNGLEMUFFIN, you may have heard of me, I defended your honour against all those srubs on BF, so how about you and me go back to my place, and you can give an encore performance of your 2004 Olympic final......?"

Reckon I'm in?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean the girl that gave absolutely everything she had in the tank and then dropped back because she was ******?

It amazes me that people can actually defend her.

Oh yeah, definitely. After the thousand or so times I've run it through my mind, I plan it to go something like this:

"Hi, IAMJUNGLEMUFFIN, you may have heard of me, I defended your honour against all those srubs on BF, so how about you and me go back to my place, and you can give encore of your 2004 Olympic final......?"

Only reason I can think of as to why you would be defending her.

It is pretty obvious that she let her teammates down and gave up.

Only reason I can think of as to why you would be defending her.

It is pretty obvious that she let her teammates down and gave up.

She definitely let her teammates down, no doubt about that, but I've got no problem with someone putting in everything they have, and coming up short. I'd much prefer that than someone who didn't put in 100%.

She definitely let her teammates down, no doubt about that, but I've got no problem with someone putting in everything they have, and coming up short. I'd much prefer that than someone who didn't put in 100%.

She had done the same thing 8 times previous, wouldn't she had already worked out after the second or third time what her limit was? It wasn't even a couple of metres away from the line, there was 650 metres to go ffs.

She ****ed up badly, therefore belonging in this thread.

She had done the same thing 8 times previous, wouldn't she had already worked out after the second or third time what her limit was? It wasn't even a couple of metres away from the line, there was 650 metres to go ffs.

She ****** up badly, therefore belonging in this thread.

A serial offender.

Collapsing like that with so little to go is not giving it 100%, simple as that.

I wouldn't really call what happened to Lay Down Sally a brain snap. More like a complete mental breakdown. She LAID DOWN IN THE BOAT, LOL! If I was the woman behind her, the woman that cradled Lay Down Sally's head when she LAID DOWN IN THE BOAT, I would have slapped the s**t out of her! 100 percent, lol. She physically broke down because she mentally broke down.

There was a girl at my school known as Lay down Sally but she wasn't a rower

Remove this Banner Ad

Back