Biggest carlton vs pies game in 40 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s a good point. If Hawthorn have sown up the win by 3:20, Carlton will have little to play for..
I am hoping hawthorn get the job done in the earlier game.
If Hawks win we still have plenty to play for. We lost three in a row and need to find form so will not matter to our players what happens in the earlier match. Hoping we can somehow make it so we play Collingwood two weeks in a row.
If we win and you drop to 5th we will play you the following week in an Elimination Final. That would be fun.

ishethough.png

1660531656105.png

If Hawks win we still have plenty to play for. We lost three in a row and need to find form so will not matter to our players what happens in the earlier match. Hoping we can somehow make it so we play Collingwood two weeks in a row.
If we win and you drop to 5th we will play you the following week in an Elimination Final. That would be fun.
Surely keeping Collingwood out of the top 4 is a big incentive too...

i hope the Blues make it, just so that we can knock them out of the first round of finals.

Pies should be resting players. Let the Blues play their GF this week.

I thought the final round was supposed to be flexible now? It should be moved to before the Bulldogs game otherwise if the Dogs lose it will take lot of the interest out of it

Don't think that's a big worry - Hawthorn are not playing great, missing some important players and don't have all that much to play for - with the Bulldogs needing to win to make finals. Playing this one first keeps the interest for the Dogs and will likely confirm that the Blues must win which will add to the hype.

Carlton should win this.

Some big ins and their strongest team is on the park ready to go.
Their biggest game in ten years and against a team that at the start of the year they thought they should beat. On paper the blues win easily. But that has never been what’s held them back.

DeGoey and Ginnivan in are big risks for the Pies and evident what’s at stake for them as well.

Will be good viewing.

Carlton should win this.

Some big ins and their strongest team is on the park ready to go.
Their biggest game in ten years and against a team that at the start of the year they thought they should beat. On paper the blues win easily. But that has never been what’s held them back.

DeGoey and Ginnivan in are big risks for the Pies and evident what’s at stake for them as well.

Will be good viewing.
Surely the big ins are just as much of a risk for the Blues as Degoey and Ginnivan?

Surely the big ins are just as much of a risk for the Blues as Degoey and Ginnivan?
Hewetts probably the only one that may struggle for match fitness as he’s been out for a few weeks, but I’d think his sort of injury would be less likely to reoccur during the game than someone who was subbed off with a hammy the week before. JDG not participating in full training this week is also a worry.

By all reports Cerra, Hewett and TDK have been training this week.

What’s your view?

Hewetts probably the only one that may struggle for match fitness as he’s been out for a few weeks, but I’d think his sort of injury would be less likely to reoccur during the game than someone who was subbed off with a hammy the week before. JDG not participating in full training this week is also a worry.

By all reports Cerra, Hewett and TDK have been training this week.

What’s your view?
Cerra was a late out like Degoey so would be a similar risk
Williams hasn't played since round nine and doesn't have the best fitness base to start with. Even if he gets through could well be rusty
Hewitt hasn't played since round 18
Doubt TDK will play.

I think Carlton are taking the bigger risk with player fitness.

Cerra was a late out like Degoey so would be a similar risk
Williams hasn't played since round nine and doesn't have the best fitness base to start with. Even if he gets through could well be rusty
Hewitt hasn't played since round 18
Doubt TDK will play.

I think Carlton are taking the bigger risk with player fitness.
Yeah I missed the Williams one. Is he straight into the seniors or played a few at vfl level? Risky if the former for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back