Biggest commentary bugbears?

Remove this Banner Ad

Noticing this heaps tonight for Dons vs Tigs, but the long view/from the stands replays they are showing. Show the normal coverage footage or zoomed in!!

Noticing this heaps tonight for Dons vs Tigs, but the long view/from the stands replays they are showing. Show the normal coverage footage or zoomed in!!

Seven usually do it whenever they broadcast a game which either:
A) Has a capacity or near-capacity crowd, or
B) Is being played at Optus at night, when the stadium's lighting is on full display.

Saturday night was both of these.

When ch 7 are not at the game , they turn up the volume for one side ( usually the sude they’re going for ) and keeping the volume down for the other.

Sometimes the bias is astonishing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The current obsession with intercept marks. Yes, they're important, but the 'special comments' have become so repetitive and lazy.

They'll divert the conversation back to intercept marks many times each quarter, at the expense of analysing other important tactics, who's tagging who, etc, because it's easy and sounds fancy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An obvious one, but the commercial saturation of calling the game on radio is beyond a joke. SEN is the worst at it, but it's so bad now across the dial the enjoyment of listening to the game is gone.

AW now drop brands into the passage of play...unless there really is a forward called Ebay that has passed me by.

An obvious one, but the commercial saturation of calling the game on radio is beyond a joke. SEN is the worst at it, but it's so bad now across the dial the enjoyment of listening to the game is gone.

AW now drop brands into the passage of play...unless there really is a forward called Ebay that has passed me by.
I really like the quality of SEN's cricket coverage, but I noticed this s**t all the time last summer.

"Starc bowls to Pujara who lets it pass....that ball brought to you by Rheem Hot Water, Install a Rheem!!"

I really like the quality of SEN's cricket coverage, but I noticed this sh*t all the time last summer.

"Starc bowls to Pujara who lets it pass....that ball brought to you by Rheem Hot Water, Install a Rheem!!"
SEN has essentially become one long ad interrupted by the odd passage of play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back