Roast Biggest disappointment of this year - Nathan Vardy

Remove this Banner Ad

A third round is quoted in the Adelaide press but we have a few players who are tradeable.

I have to say I am not that enthusiastic about a 25 year old who has managed just 25 games in half a dozen seasons. From the comments in this thread it sounds like we should just wait and pick Vardy up in the Pre Season Draft.

A third round is quoted in the Adelaide press but we have a few players who are tradeable.

I have to say I am not that enthusiastic about a 25 year old who has managed just 25 games in half a dozen seasons. From the comments in this thread it sounds like we should just wait and pick Vardy up in the Pre Season Draft.

Vardy wont be delisted.

A fourth rounder then ?
We have carried him through five seasons of injuries. He now seems to be in the clear of those. We are not in a hurry to shop him.

I love that we get rid of Vardy and Clark for the simple reason one if our existing talls will get injured and Scott will HAVE to play a smaller side!!!

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

I think an early third round pick will get this deal done... He has more upside potential than Walker, but he just hasn't shown a lot lately. Clearly a confidence thing. A new club may do him wonders.

It's hard to remember Vards in full flight, but I seem to remember a lot of jumping into/over packs, getting a good look at the footy but rarely, if ever, marking it in those situations. A bit of the cymbal hands perhaps. I'm always frustrated by the taller guys in any team who get clean hands on the footy in a pack but just can't hang on to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, firstly congrats on Dangerfield winning the Brownlow last night it was much deserved and never in doubt. Sort of glad he won for my own personal reasons (the other mob) which i'm sure you can understand. Congrats also on a decent year in my opinion but i guess we always demand better and expect better, i know i certainly do from my mob.

I'm a little concerned after reading your glowing reports on Vardy :eek: that i hear he was visiting my club recently and maybe undergoing a medical. We already have injury prone players and one of you talked about Vardy constantly getting hands to the ball yet constantly dropping the ball, sounds a lot like another guy we picked up last year in the big Dix. We have Ryder back but maybe they are looking for another option as back up or to work in tandem (should he be able to stay on the park.)

We have some players i believe are potentially on the table i.e.: Broadbent, Amon, Sam Gray, AhChee, Lobbe, Jonas, O'Shea. Not sure if if would be a later pick we would be offering or whether your guys would consider any of the guys above (+ or - some later picks).

I also heard a stupid rumour re Minson, so Vardy for mine isn't sounding so bad ;).
Cheers. Why are yous considering trading S.Gray?. Seemed like he's had a decent year and a half.
Think Port would be interested in trading Pittard if the price was right?

Cheers. Why are yous considering trading S.Gray?. Seemed like he's had a decent year and a half.
Think Port would be interested in trading Pittard if the price was right?

I would take S.Gray if Port would let him go. He'll be super in our mid/fwd. He reminds me of a younger Luke Parker.

A fourth rounder then ?

No. We just delisted two rucks off our rookie list and clark will go off the main list. As frustrating as vardy is he is the only backup for smith we have. We are happy to keep him for another year and see if he goes as FA next year. So we wont delist him or trade him for a pick we wont use. So a third rounder is the floor. If he wants to walk into the draft that's his choice but i think we will push for a decent trade.

No. We just delisted two rucks off our rookie list and clark will go off the main list. As frustrating as vardy is he is the only backup for smith we have. We are happy to keep him for another year and see if he goes as FA next year. So we wont delist him or trade him for a pick we wont use. So a third rounder is the floor. If he wants to walk into the draft that's his choice but i think we will push for a decent trade.

So far it is all paper talk and to be honest I am not sold on Vardy. As I see it we do not want Vardy as a ruckman but a forward to replace Schultz. I think there are better options and trading a third rounder for an out of contract 25 year old with 25 games in six seasons is really overs. If the situation was reversed I do not think you would want Geelong to rush at that sort of deal. I can see Vardy being traded as part of a player plus pick swap for someone you really need.

Hamish Hartlett might interest you guys, he is a bit of a seagull but as you have the goods with Dangerfield and Selwood, Hartlett might be a good addition. Hartlett has the ability to play off half back, run and kick long. Not sure if you need a player of that ilk. The price on Hartlett, who is still under contract to us, would certainly be more than Vardy and a second round pick.

I would take S.Gray if Port would let him go. He'll be super in our mid/fwd. He reminds me of a younger Luke Parker.

I am not aware that we have put Gray out there. Sam is one of those ball magnets who cannot kick but there is no doubting his endeavour. The only talk of trading Gray has came from certain posters on the Port forum. Gray is still under contract and I would be really pissed off if we traded him and would expect a pretty good return if he went. We have had two under achieving years and there are Port supporters who want to trade every one on our list with the exception of Wines and Wingard. The silly season has not really begun yet so none of us have any idea who is on the table.

Motlop and Vardy for Jake Lever . . .

You would have to ask Adelaide about that one. Not sure they would want Motlop though. Not sure we would want him either.

So far it is all paper talk and to be honest I am not sold on Vardy. As I see it we do not want Vardy as a ruckman but a forward to replace Schultz. I think there are better options and trading a third rounder for an out of contract 25 year old with 25 games in six seasons is really overs. If the situation was reversed I do not think you would want Geelong to rush at that sort of deal. I can see Vardy being traded as part of a player plus pick swap for someone you really need.

Hamish Hartlett might interest you guys, he is a bit of a seagull but as you have the goods with Dangerfield and Selwood, Hartlett might be a good addition. Hartlett has the ability to play off half back, run and kick long. Not sure if you need a player of that ilk. The price on Hartlett, who is still under contract to us, would certainly be more than Vardy and a second round pick.

I am not aware that we have put Gray out there. Sam is one of those ball magnets who cannot kick but there is no doubting his endeavour. The only talk of trading Gray has came from certain posters on the Port forum. Gray is still under contract and I would be really pissed off if we traded him and would expect a pretty good return if he went. We have had two under achieving years and there are Port supporters who want to trade every one on our list with the exception of Wines and Wingard. The silly season has not really begun yet so none of us have any idea who is on the table.

You would have to ask Adelaide about that one. Not sure they would want Motlop though. Not sure we would want him either.

I just thought if Vard's was in town doing a medical for Port he could pop over and do the once over with the Crows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id be happy to entertain HH - the issue there is the contract. Its long, large and well outside what we can placate you with.
Vardy, 2nd, and 3rd for HH might be getting closer IMO, but not enough.

And then there is his contract.

I dont see it getting done with HH as much as id like that to be the parameters.

Guess it will have to be Vards, 2nd and 3rd for Wines then...:p

GO Catters

Vardy for a pick over 50 or a 4th rd pick. What a waste!!

Does anybody really think a player Stephen Wells takes at 50 odd wont be available at 70 odd.

May as well just give him away for free and be done with it.

As long as Hawkins is in the team, Vardy can't be.

You can't have those two immobile dinosaurs clumsily wandering around the forward 50.

Stanely and Smith are better purely because they travel the ground better than Vardy, which doesn't say much for him, unfortunately.

It seems Scott is sticking with Blicavs as his emergency ruckman in case of injury to Smith or Stanley. This leaves Vardy in no-man's land.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back