Movie Biggest Drop-Off in Quality between a movie and its sequel

Remove this Banner Ad

The Matrix and Saw immediately come to mind.

Matrix would have to be right up there. Sequels were terrible.

I know movie buffs don't rate it, but Deuce Bigalow for me. The first was a decent comedy that showed growth in the characters and had a decent plot line. The second was just bad.

Matrix would have to be right up there. Sequels were terrible.

I know I'm in a minority but I thought the first one sucked. Haven't seen the sequels.

To answer the OP:

Blues Brothers --> Blues Brothers 2000
Grease --> Grease 2
Jaws --> Any of the sequels

If they'd made a second Highlander movie, that would undoubtedly have sucked. But they didn't, so all's good.

I know I'm in a minority but I thought the first one sucked. Haven't seen the sequels.

To answer the OP:

Blues Brothers --> Blues Brothers 2000
Grease --> Grease 2
Jaws --> Any of the sequels

If they'd made a second Highlander movie, that would undoubtedly have sucked. But they didn't, so all's good.[/quote]

highlander2x.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we add sequels that were s**t after a good series of movies? For example, the original Indiana Jones trilogy is rock solid…whereas Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is ******* terrible.

The original Star Wars are rock solid…the prequels are ******* terrible.

Terminator 1&2 are rock solid…3 and 4 are incredibly average.

Can we add sequels that were s**t after a good series of movies?

Absolutely.

Rocky V sucked.

The 'Alien' series post the James Cameron sequel sucked.

Mad Max - Beyond Thunderdome was crap.

The latest Hobbit movie was lame too.

Speed 2 which has been mentioned already.

The Lost World. Jurassic Park was awesome and the lost world should have been too. It was s**t though and made even worse by the fact I loved the book and was hanging out for the movie.

Any movie that's more than 15 years after the original is going to be s**t (blues brothers 2000) as is any sequel involving different actors (especially if they're playing the same characters, eg: dumb and dumberer)

Can we add sequels that were s**t after a good series of movies? For example, the original Indiana Jones trilogy is rock solid…whereas Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is ******* terrible.

Agreed with this.

Absolutely loved the original trilogy. The 4th, however, would go close to the worst movie ever made.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back