Biggest Home/Away Game In a Decade

Remove this Banner Ad

With all the hand wringing and gnashing of teeth that's going on here, it's easy to forget the significance of this Friday's game agains the Hawks. If we win this one, we will have beaten all top 4 teams this year. The curious thing is that, despite everything, for the first time since 2000 we know that this team has the talent to do just that. That makes me, for one, feel a whole lot better about things right now. Into the bargain, I'm looking forward to seeing both Jacobs and Mason Wood lining up for us!

While I understand this game is significant and some games are more valuable in the context of the final 8/4 etc. truth be told the players and coaches should be treating every game like it is the biggest of the season. Complacency and lack of effort and intensity has been nonsensically a problem this season.

While I understand this game is significant and some games are more valuable in the context of the final 8/4 etc. truth be told the players and coaches should be treating every game like it is the biggest of the season. Complacency and lack of effort and intensity has been nonsensically a problem this season.

IIRC it started in the NAB Cup and has rolled on through the season...

Remember back to 2007, we knocked them out of the finals, and looked like we were ready to rise, instead the hawks developed into the best in the comp and we have gone backward, what happen?

Remember back to 2007, we knocked them out of the finals, and looked like we were ready to rise, instead the hawks developed into the best in the comp and we have gone backward, what happen?
A certain young key defender restrained the forward that would go on to kick 100 goals the following year that night. He crossed over to the Hawks two years later and four years after that he was their B&F winner in a premiership year. Only a small piece of the puzzle when comparing the two clubs but that's what you would call a "12 point play" in Hawthorn's favour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wat? Here's four answers.

468730-lance-franklin.jpg

813_631753110668281664.jpg

Compared the way we went into the brisbane game after qtr time??
Well we can go about Friday night in two ways. We can dish up the same sort of rubbish or we can come out and play like a side with its season in the balance. Season defining as we are after a response.

Can't believe i got front row seats level 2 last week.

Could have got same seats half price 3 days later.

Just like the signing Bastinac & Black I paid top dollar but could have saved plenty if i had waited....

Ohhhh it's been a bad week :(

I have a bad feeling that with majak being charged (he wont play rest of the season), a mounting injury toll (Wells, Grima, Nahas etc) and how we have been going so far this season - the wheels may fall off and this may be a bad loss 40+ points. Il be there to show my support but :s

Remove this Banner Ad

Back