carb70

Club Legend
Dec 24, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Tampa Bay, Liverpool
So round 2 is now here and we come up against the might of Essendon. This will probably be our biggest test to date in our short AFL history. What are our chances of winning?, and if we are going to beat Essendon how are we going to do it?. Will the result from round 1 last have any effort on the result of this game?.

I think it will be a waste of time trying to tag players because its impossible to stop Essendon for a whole game. Port has been bragging about their fitness levels this season so maybe we should try and beat Essendon at their own game and have a shootout with them. If Port lose by less than 5 goals I think it will be a good result. We can't afford to have a result like last year because we all know what happen to the teams confidence for the remainder of that season.

Originally posted by carb70:
So round 2 is now here and we come up against the might of Essendon. This will probably be our biggest test to date in our short AFL history. What are our chances of winning?, and if we are going to beat Essendon how are we going to do it?. Will the result from round 1 last have any effort on the result of this game?.

I think it will be a waste of time trying to tag players because its impossible to stop Essendon for a whole game. Port has been bragging about their fitness levels this season so maybe we should try and beat Essendon at their own game and have a shootout with them. If Port lose by less than 5 goals I think it will be a good result. We can't afford to have a result like last year because we all know what happen to the teams confidence for the remainder of that season.

I think we are a fair chance of winning. I wouldnt rule us out. Altho it would be a miracle if we won, we have played fairly good footy lately. If we play like we did in the third quarter, we will go close to winning. That third quarter we played attacking footy instead of defensive footy for the other three quarters.

Will be a good game

Mudholian

Club Legend
Jan 15, 2001
The Monkey House Port Adelaide
The worst thing would be to go into the game thinking it's Essendon so we have to do something different. How about that idea of playing around the flanks this time last year?

If Primus gets on top, the midfield gets first look at the ball, and we start well enough to have them wondering, maybe we'll have a show, who knows?

Last weeks' win against Brisbane was probably a good result - hard enough to serve as a wake up call without dropping the four points.

Seems they are talking up the young Cornes. Well, that would be great for the lad, and for the team, but hell, can his old man get any more unbearable? The better his boys and Port go the more he has to distance himself from Port.

Mud

I believe you are right when you say we cannot stop ALL of Essendon's movers and shakers.
The best way is to play to our strengths, which has been hard running attacking football, let them try to beat us.
This means a shootout, so be it, if we go down, at least we go down in flames.

------------------
Chris

(Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus)

Dan26

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 23, 2000
Werribee
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Well, you kicked 107 points, which was the biggest score kicked against us since round 17 1999 !!! So, your forward line did OK. But we shifted our side around in the last term, and pit Hird and Long on the bench, so who knows what it really means?

It was good to beat you though after you embarassed us in the Ansett Cup.

well we started pretty well. But let again we let that Port Power trait of being way to loose come over us again, and essendon kicekd 6 goals in 15 mins at the end of 2nd quarter. Im proud we didnt let the score sky rocket, and that we outscored the bombers in the last quarter.
Plus we scored 100+ points for about the 8th match out of 9 (witht he 9th match being 99 points), so our forwards have turned the corner.
Plus usually when you kick 16 goals, the majority of the time you end up winning. Well done essendon tho, god they look sharp

Anton Grbac

Club Legend
Jan 21, 2001
Sorry if this sounds patronising, but i thought you blokes played pretty well.
Never threw in the towell. Yers've certainly got a bit to look forward to this year.
Cheers.

where's wally?

Santos L Helper

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2001
Arrogant Prick
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Dan25 and Wally, thanks for those comments. I was surprised at how humble you guys were after thrashing us last night. Again, we got loose when it counted, but it was good to see them fight it out until the end.

------------------
If ya smell what Santos is cooking!!

carb70

Club Legend
Dec 24, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Tampa Bay, Liverpool
Essendon where the better side and did deserve to win, but you guys really do get a fair run with the umpires. Its good to see the umpires look after Essendon because they need all the help they can get, NOT.

mantis

Hall of Famer
30k Posts 10k Posts
Mar 9, 2001
Away from redneck country
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers
Essendon where the better side and did deserve to win, but you guys really do get a fair run with the umpires. Its good to see the umpires look after Essendon because they need all the help they can get, NOT.
OK I wasn't going to say anything bad about your team, but because of carbs stupid comments, I wiil.
Well done you won the AC, but the way you are playing, you might be the first team in history to win the AC & the wooden spoon.

------------------
RED & BLACK, THE COLOURS OF FENG SHUI

carb70

Club Legend
Dec 24, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Tampa Bay, Liverpool
What was the stupid comment I made Sandie was it the 1st line that said, Essendon were the better side and deserved to win.

You also have the nerve to come to this board and tell us our team is going to win the wooden spoon. After you previously also told us Port people not to go to Essendon board with their unasked for views. So why don't take your own advise and piss off you big child. I for one don't give a s**t about your views or your big headed salary cap cheating team.

Jabsy

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2001
Peter Rhode fan Club
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Old Campaigners
Originally posted by mantis:

Well done you won the AC, but the way you are playing, you might be the first team in history to win the AC & the wooden spoon.

I think you should smoke less marijuana. Only a stoned person would make a comment like that.

Unless of course you are stupid. Care to verify by sharing some more of your "wisdom"?

Guys, I think we should feel sorry for Sandie, after all her problems are of a very personal nature.
You see, she has no-one who will root her any more, life has become so frustrating, and her vibrator batteries are dead, she has become a barren useless woman.
So if any of you guys, who are feeling charitable, and own an ice pick, please take a trip to Perth, and give her a thorough seeing to.

------------------
Chris

Santos L Helper

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2001
Arrogant Prick
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
I don't know weather to laugh or cry, that was hilarious Chris.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

I like you Sandie, but you did bring this upon yourself.
The chat room should be fun tonight.

------------------
If ya smell what Santos is cooking!!

mantis

Hall of Famer
30k Posts 10k Posts
Mar 9, 2001
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers
Carb
You know perfectly well which part of your post I took offence at, it is a very hollow congratulation when you follow it by saying the umpires look after us.
When the Bombers congratulated you on your win against us, did we say that the umpires favoured you, no.
arsegard
Once again showing your true colours, you must have a real problem with women, always resorting to personal abuse, I thought after that thread got closed because you called a teenage girl a ****, you might have tried responding to females without your usual abusive name calling.

------------------

[This message has been edited by mantis (edited 20 April 2001).]

Carb
You know perfectly well which part of your post I took offence at, it is a very hollow congratulation when you follow it by saying the umpires look after us.
When the Bombers congratulated you on your win against us, did we say that the umpires favoured you, no.
arsegard
Once again showing your true colours, you must have a real problem with women, always resorting to personal abuse, I thought after that thread got closed because you called a teenage girl a ****, you might have tried responding to females without your usual abusive name calling.
Talking of sex lives, how is yours & the wifes lately.

HAHAHA, oh sandie, I'm laughing my arse off at you, you tell me off, and THEN ask about my sex life with my wife, well, if you are such a voyeur that you need to know how much others are getting while you miss out, I'll tell you, she and I have a wonderful time together.
Sorry, I can't give you any details, they would just "blow you away", woops, I shouldn't have said that, you can't get or give any oral at the moment, oh well, just lie back, with your boyfriend the dildo, and think of everyone else getting plenty.

HAHAHA, ROTFLMFAO, sandie, you crack me up.
Go out and get a good root, you need one badly, HAHAHA LMAO

------------------
Chris

[This message has been edited by Asgardian (edited 09 April 2001).]

OK I wasn't going to say anything bad about your team, but because of carbs stupid comments, I wiil.

The way we are playing?? You mean beating Brisbane?? You mean kicking 99 and 107 points in the first 2 rounds?? You mean having many options available for the first time i nPorts AFL history?
You kick 15 goals in a match, your more than likely gonna win.
You have no real basis for that statement at all

mantis

Hall of Famer
30k Posts 10k Posts
Mar 9, 2001
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers
Apologies to all the port people bar one, I am sorry that this thread has turned into a personal vendetta, it is most unfair for you to have to witness it, so I will not respond, this is a footy board & shouldn't be turned into a personal slagging match, even though there are some people that get off on it.
Cheers
And carbs, I was only upset by your umpire jibe.

------------------

carb70

Club Legend
Dec 24, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Tampa Bay, Liverpool
Apologies to all the port people bar one, I am sorry that this thread has turned into a personal vendetta, it is most unfair for you to have to witness it, so I will not respond, this is a footy board & shouldn't be turned into a personal slagging match, even though there are some people that get off on it.
Cheers
And carbs, I was only upset by your umpire jibe.

Sandie you took my umpire quote the wrong way. I never said Essendon won the game because of the umpires, it would be stupid to say that. Everybody knows Essendon is by far the best team in the AFL. You will not get any argument there from me. The thing I find amusing is how Essendon seems to be treated as the teachers (umpires) pet.

The things that upset the most is how many times Port players with the ball got hit high and a free was never given. Also when Alessio seem to have the ball for an enternity had time to get around a player then he got tackled from behind, in my book thats holding the ball but he was given more time to handball to Barnes which resulted in a goal. Also Llyod leads out, realises the ball is going over his head, he takes his eyes off the ball and stops while Wakelin who still has his eyes on the ball doesn't realise Lloyd has stop and runs into his back. That should be playon not a free for Lloyd who had no intensions of trying to get the ball. Finally Josh Francou is reported for nothing because the umpire thought he saw something that never happened, what a joke. Well at least it put Francou off his game for the remainder of the match.

It might sound like I'm whinging because we lost but its just the way I see it. I'm not going to appolgise for that.

Back