emuboy

Premiership Player
Dec 17, 2006
The Southern Hemisphere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Sturt
There are no end of discussions on jumper clashes in the AFL, state leagues and other sports such as the NRL, but which matches either past or present were played between teams with the greatest contrast in jumpers?

In the present AFL, this would be between Essendon (black and red) and North Melbourne (royal blue and white). Pre World War 1 University (black and blue) and South Melbourne (red and white) were complete opposites. While University have been gone for 104 years now, you can see the equivalent in the WAFL with East Perth (blue and black) and South Fremantle (red & white). SANFL teams Sturt (light and dark blue) and West Adelaide (black and red) could also look no more different.

In the NRL, Cronulla's sky blue and black colors contrast sharply with Manly's maroon and white jumpers, while former clubs Newtown (blue and white) and North Sydney (red and black) were opposites. One of the strangest contrasts would have been in the late 1990s between former teams Gold Coast Chargers (jade, black, purple and gold) and South Queensland Crushers (tan, dark blue and maroon). No jumper clash there.

Which are some that you have noticed?

FXJ237241.jpg

In a similar vein to THB's example - West Coast vs Sydney would be my pick.

One of the most pleasant sights in Sports in my opinion is when the Green Bay Packers and Minnesota Vikings play.
View attachment 539276
Green and purple contrast well and it's just an all round pleasant sight.
I think I was just a bit sick in my mouth.

Purple, green and yellow not enough?

And I’m a Bears fan :).
I think the green/yellow and purple/white are great and complement each other enough :)
But I'd take any match up between the Packers and Bears at Lambeau over it ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back