Opinion Biggest spud taken at #1

Remove this Banner Ad

Being a fan of the NBA and the AFL, it's ridiculous to see how easily AFL teams totally lay and egg wit their draft picks. In the NBA it's pretty rare and everyone jumps on a team who asses up their pick.

Concerning Jack Watts, give him time. There may be a number of factors why he's not performing. Maybe he doesn't like Melbourne? Who would anyway?

Surely Cale Morton (not a #1 pick) has to get the nod at #4
Previous pick 4's he has got covered are Polak (2001), Walsh (2002), Ray (2003) & Tambling (2004).

Don't get me wrong morton looks like a spud, but geez there have been some other spuds taken at pick 4

Being a fan of the NBA and the AFL, it's ridiculous to see how easily AFL teams totally lay and egg wit their draft picks. In the NBA it's pretty rare and everyone jumps on a team who asses up their pick.

Concerning Jack Watts, give him time. There may be a number of factors why he's not performing. Maybe he doesn't like Melbourne? Who would anyway?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Watts reminds me a lot of Cameron Wood
Josh Fraser taught Cameron Wood everything he knew
Alex McDonald for me though.... just one huge list clogging SPUD

Richard Lounder (1987), Anthony Banik (1989) and Steven Hooper (1990) have got to be all the worst Number 1 picks coming from the Draft.. I suppose you would have to throw in John Hutton (1991) also.

Lounder though, only managed 4 games and 5 goals and has also been called the most unsuccessful number 1 draft pick of all time. So if any thing, you'd have to say it was him.

Richard Lounder (1987), Anthony Banik (1989) and Steven Hooper (1990) have got to be all the worst Number 1 picks coming from the Draft.. I suppose you would have to throw in John Hutton (1991) also.

Lounder though, only managed 4 games and 5 goals and has also been called the most unsuccessful number 1 draft pick of all time. So if any thing, you'd have to say it was him.

We certainly could have used him against North on the weekend - according to his wiki, he kicked 4 goals against them on debut :p

Tom Scully is nothing special not the biggest spud but in the same draft Fyfe was taken at pick #20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Remove this Banner Ad

Back