Consumer Electronics Biggest waste of money on new tech

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't watched any Pirates. Don't like to see Depp playing a raving loony intertwined with fancy 3d graphics I'm sure they're are millions that do though.

Never sat through The Lion King start to finish.

Jurassic Park :thumbsu: When you look at the bias towards newer movies this really is one of the greatest ever. Dinosaurs weren't cool until this made them cool.

Never watched any Spidermans either. Wrong actor. I don't buy into the Disney style nice guy prince charming heroes any more. I want bad ass killers that do what needs to be done like James Bond.

Sorta chewed my way though Harry Potter.

Thought LOTR started well but was over done. They wanted to save too much from the old storylines and just made it confusing and drawn out.

Acting choices put me off big movies no matter the budget.

Putting Sigourney Weaver in Avatar made it for me. Fairly average without her I'd say.

I reckon I've gone a little off topic so lets try to pull it back.

Do you really need home cinema to enjoy all these movies? I watched Avatar on cam rip at home as soon as it came out. In full detail it wasn't as good. Hard to work it out.

Yeah I haven't seen any of the LOTR, Star Wars movies.

And I watched Titanic.... fell asleep and got to watch the good bit at the end when they crash.

Have never understood the hype surrounding Avatar. Thought it was a sh1te, long winded movie.

OT - Have a mate who loves his technology. Paid $2k for a dvd player when they first came out. Went big on Mini-Discman, and may have flirted with Laser-Disc (LP sized dvd's sort of)

Another one here who hasn't seen Avatar.

Just had a look at the 50 highest grossing films of all time (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films), and I've only seen ten of them.

I purchased the blu-ray, but it is still sealed........

Out of that list i have not seen: The third transformers movie, Harry Potter movies, LOTR movies, Pirates of the Caribbean movies, Shrek movies, Ice Age, The Chronicles of Narnia, Twilight: Breaking Dawn + New Moon + Eclipse (i have seen the original though :().

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most blockbusters are awful and appeal to the lowest common denominator. Try telling me that Adam Sandler is genuinely funny, or his films are of worth.

I think hidden camera's in toilets are very good investments now. There's a lot of people using excessive toilet papers. So when you catch them doing it, you can tell them off. Using full flush instead of half flush. More importantly, when they're not sitting on the toilet properly huge OH&S issue there.

Don't you agree?

Funny you should say that, we have a heap of asian people at my work who have been squatting on the toilet seat, breaking the seats, slipping off and hurting themselves and leaving crap everywhere. Theyve had to put massive signs up in the toilet.

Most blockbusters are awful and appeal to the lowest common denominator. Try telling me that Adam Sandler is genuinely funny, or his films are of worth.
Have you seen Happy Gilmore?

Best. Movie. EVAR!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back