Bigman’s Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

George Kramer

Premium Platinum
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
I believe most would agree that they are a highlight of this board during the preseason and they can often be lost because of bickering, you know who you are, so perhaps a dedicated thread would be useful.

That’s of course if you’re happy to bigman ?

Perhaps even start the thread yourself for the sillies who have me on ignore or it could be started by a Mod

Last edited:
Rankine has been the standout so far this pre season. He already looks ready to go. Fit as a fiddle, skills ultra sharp and taking on players in the full length drills, just looks on another level.

Berry looks noticeably trim and his ball use has been much better. None of those forward spinning punts of last year. Hopefully maintains this in the real thing as it was a big issue during the season

Cook looks really fit and in the best condition ive seen him at this stage of the year. His fellow winger billy Dowling also looks really assured with his role in the team and was heavily involved in the full length drills and showed great vision when moving the ball.

The team for the most part appears to have bulked up quite a bit, in particular Thilthorpe as reported, Rachele who looks ultra fit, worrell, pedlar as well as Taylor, who needed to get bigger as he struggled to break tackles before his foot injury. He does still lag a bit in the running, often behind Strachan which isn’t ideal. I suspect he still needs to learn how to really push himself.

Only player to look a bit underdone is chayce who appears a tad stocky. To be fair his foot injury was only a few months ago and positively he and Taylor are both fully involved in the drills and running.

Keane looks much fitter than last year although he has been managed a tad and did not do mondays time trial. Murray and dragon were on the sidelines doing running and some skill drills. Harry also featured early on doing some skills but no running. He looks surprisingly advanced given the nature of his injury

New boys have all shown some good signs and did well in the time trials, particularly edwards. Curtin showed some frustration whenever he made an error which was good to see. Edwards is a big boy already but moves very fluently. Ryan impressed with his speed although he has a slightly awkward gait. He rotates his body quite a bit when running. Gallagher is very raw and made some bad mistakes, but hes a great athlete no doubt so hopefully the club can fast track his skills and decision making.

Welsh and toby Murray both featured today. Welsh was only doing set shots and chatting to coaches so is obviously being managed. Murray did most drills and looked ok, bit ungainly but covered the ground quite well.

Unfortunately nank left the track early after sustaining what appeared to be some sort of lower leg injury. Hopefully nothing too serious

Boys look hungry and in good spirits so far.

They will need a bit of patience with Gallagher. Any mention on how tall he is and what position we are looking at playing him if signed.

They will need a bit of patience with Gallagher. Any mention on how tall he is and what position we are looking at playing him if signed.
Start at half back .. look to a wing or forward later, perhaps

Sounds like athletically he's pretty good. Pretty raw in skill with out ball and game knowledge

No idea on his height .. looked about a little shorter than Keane when they were interviewed on Monday at training together. But that can be deceiving

Start at half back .. look to a wing or forward later, perhaps

Sounds like athletically he's pretty good. Pretty raw in skill with out ball and game knowledge

No idea on his height .. looked about a little shorter than Keane when they were interviewed on Monday at training together. But that can be deceiving
I love their (Irish) skill level with the round ball. I hope he can adjust to our game.
I hope we are not using Keane as an interpreter as I can't understand most of what Keane says.;)

I love their (Irish) skill level with the round ball. I hope he can adjust to our game.
I hope we are not using Keane as an interpreter as I can't understand most of what Keane says.;)
Sounds like physically he's in great shape and reasonable size (bulk) and pretty quick covering the ground .. more about learning to adjust to our game

Might take a couple of seasons ..?

Just get him to belt out a Corrs track

That said, it's been like 2 days since the last one.

At least just make something up bigman.

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jones
Rachele
O'Brien
I reckon Jones (post injury), and has to be one or two of the older guys (Tex most likely, Sloane, Smith).

Agree with Georges suggestion that the thread does come from Bigman instead as, with respect, know a number of posters wont be able to access / see the tread otherwise.

I reckon Jones (post injury), and has to be one or two of the older guys (Tex most likely, Sloane, Smith).

Agree with Georges suggestion that the thread does come from Bigman instead as, with respect, know a number of posters wont be able to access / see the tread otherwise.
No no and no 119others

Remove this Banner Ad

Back