Bigman’s Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

100%. I wonder if Murray comes back a forward? Do they pick up someone like a Lachie Hosie in the mid-season draft - who would be McAdam like, at least in the air.

A bit like tackling, marking is very much a mindset thing I reckon. We're not only not taking contested marks up forward, but are dropping marks all over the field, costing goals for ourselves and giving them to the opposition.

From bigman's report, it would seem our confidence is shot and our will to win isn't there.

As a club, we've gone two ways in the past. Blight and Sanderson moved on quite quickly when things weren't looking good. Craig and Pyke lingered long after the writing was on the wall. Nicks inherited a disaster, which wasn't necessary. Hearing Fagan say they were still in the midst of a 5-year plan in 2019...well, most looking from the outside knew that ended well before then.

I think Nicks knows what is required to fix the problem, but I'm not sure he's going to be capable of motivating the players to make it happen and with Tex and Sloane now topping up their super, besides Dawson, there is a huge hole in the leadership on field.

It is time to shuffle some cards earlier than some might have expected to refresh this list and bring in some new leadership on and off the field.
On what basis do you think this? Nicks seems defeated and bereft of ideas. He’s too stubborn to change and is one of the weakest game day coaches going around

Went to training today and the quality of what I saw was less impressive than what I witnessed during pre season. It was similar to our performance in games. Lots of targets missed and too much fumbling for an afl team

Curtin still appears to be favouring that knee. I hope we know what we are doing here

Borlase, Cook Pedlar Gollant in probables. Burgess Murphy berg butts Billy in possibles. Rory also there

Smith did not train

Unlikely that there will be any debuts based on what I saw, which is what I think we need to get some energy back in the team

Unlike pre season I didn’t find the vibe today energising. I gather this happens when you are not playing well

One thing that is obvious is the lack of quality marking targets we have in the team. Keane is probably our best contested mark.

I would not be putting my hard earned on our boys this week. Let’s hope training form is not carried onto the game on Saturday
Thanks for your training report again.
Sounds like we are playing how we train.
Always appreciate the time you put in and to hear your honest assessment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back