Play Nice BigNation - The newly founded land needs you!

Remove this Banner Ad

CURRENT LAW (post my initial setup):

1. The currency will be called TABcoin (iluvparis) - 2/0 - PASSED
2. Women aren't allowed to be overweight (FireKraquora) - 2/1 - PASSED
3. All citizens must be self supporting (Lebbo73) - 2/2 - STALEMATE
4. All citizens must be self supporting Mk2 (Andrew Birch) - 3/3 - STALEMATE
5. Free Speech be absolute and can never be silenced,deleted,moderated or infringed upon in any way (WA ROO) 5/? - PASSED
6. Banning of religion - (iBeng) - 2/4 - PASSED
7. Judging Panel Act of 4/12/2019 - (The Speaker) - reached 5 votes

On Tuesday the 3rd of December we will be embarking on a new adventure and we need you on board.

This new nation needs to build a code by which all it's citizens are held to, a set of rules they all have agreed to or were agreed to by those who were there before them.

The rules of this game are simple:

To vote you need to be a citizen, to be a citizen you have to post in the game thread.
Every new citizen has to bring a new law with them, your first duty is the proposal for a new law.
--- Be careful of your wording because once it's law, it's law and you'll need someone else to propose a change and have it passed to change that.
Only those who were citizens when you joined the community can vote on your proposal.
You can propose anything you like.
Your laws cannot be omnibus collections of multiple issues, you propose a determination on a single issue at a time - unless that law is changed.
Voting will be in the form of likes or dislikes (or donkey votes of other), if you don't have access to those functions you can reply in writing.
Debate of the proposed laws are encouraged.

As the founding member of the community my proposal for a law is to code the above as the first law.
All citizens at the time of proposal: Taylor (Who votes for and it passes)

Where this goes is going to be entirely up to the community, there can be a winner in this if the law permits.

Last edited:
I propose that Big Nation should only accept someone as a citizen if they’re self supporting. For Big Nation to be the most successful nation on Earth, we need to be welfare free.
Aye. Between this and the fat chick law, we are guaranteed to remain feminist free.

giphy (4).gif

I propose that Big Nation should only accept someone as a citizen if they’re self supporting. For Big Nation to be the most successful nation on Earth, we need to be welfare free.

No

I too shall vote no, on the grounds that people will have time in need and a community can look after them for a short period of time.

2/2 - doesn't pass.

Now it's important to note that if the next person on board proposes the same law and everyone votes the same way it will be 3/2 and pass. There's no cooling off period on proposals.

Can you explain this?

Basically in order to run a group or organization the leader cannot be a metaphysical being that one is required to assume exists.

Basically rules out the simplest way to create a religion to control the population.

Basically in order to run a group or organization the leader cannot be a metaphysical being that one is required to assume exists.

Basically rules out the simplest way to create a religion to control the population.
What happens when that person passes away? They say the difference between a cult and a religion is that in a cult there is a person who made it all up, in a religion that person has died.

Aye. Between this and the fat chick law, we are guaranteed to remain feminist free.

View attachment 788870

I too shall vote no, on the grounds that people will have time in need and a community can look after them for a short period of time.

2/2 - doesn't pass.

Now it's important to note that if the next person on board proposes the same law and everyone votes the same way it will be 3/2 and pass. There's no cooling off period on proposals.

I wish to propose the same law - That All citizens must be self supporting.

What happens when that person passes away? They say the difference between a cult and a religion is that in a cult there is a person who made it all up, in a religion that person has died.

Thats fine. I want to rule out clubs that promise people a divine being will give them life after death as long as they follow these rules and give money to the organisation.

Basically, I dont want religion and that was the best way to word it.

I could ask for a law making Piglatin our national language?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I propose that Free Speech be absolute and can never be silenced,deleted,moderated or infringed upon in any way
Aye.

Although it's merely symbolic since we're still operating in the oppressive BF universe!
Thats fine. I want to rule out clubs that promise people a divine being will give them life after death as long as they follow these rules and give money to the organisation.

Basically, I dont want religion and that was the best way to word it.
Nay.

Given that this is a virtual nation, real world crimes like murder and rape are only possible if role-played, but I'm going to assume that no-one would do the latter. The former, on the other hand, would be role-played by someone no longer being able to participate in the thread even if they want to. Therefore, a law can be put forward to prevent anyone from being 'murdered' by making it so that the only way people can be removed from participating is if there is a law that exiles them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back