Politics Bill 89 - this is a horrifying precedent

Remove this Banner Ad

Bennett.

Your training, Matrix
10k Posts Essendon Player Sponsor 2018 - Colyer, Fantasia, McDonald-Tipungwuti and McKernan Essendon Player Sponsor 2017 Essendon Player Sponsor 2016 Essendon Player Sponsor 2014 Essendon Player Sponsor 2015
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Maple Leafs, Blue Jays
Alongside many other changes, the bill has updated the criteria for analyzing the wellbeing of a child to match the human rights code. These include "a child's or young person's race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, family diversity, disability, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression.".

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/heres-the-new-bill-canadas-far-right-is-freaking-out-about

In an interview with the Toronto Star, Kiaras Gharabaghi, director of Ryerson University's School of Child and Youth Care, said the bill is full of "weasel words."

"It is a bill that completely lacks courage," Gharabaghi said. "In every section it builds in limitations that suggest this is what we are hoping for, but it's OK if it doesn't happen. Everything is 'should be,' 'may be,' 'could be,' 'ought to be,' 'where appropriate,' 'if necessary.' "

That's the real problem with making attempts to work up the crowd into a frothy frenzy of anger over easily exploited prejudices—in the midst of all the shouting we miss the actual things that should be remedied.​

• Banned
Alongside many other changes, the bill has updated the criteria for analyzing the wellbeing of a child to match the human rights code. These include "a child's or young person's race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, family diversity, disability, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression.".

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/heres-the-new-bill-canadas-far-right-is-freaking-out-about

In an interview with the Toronto Star, Kiaras Gharabaghi, director of Ryerson University's School of Child and Youth Care, said the bill is full of "weasel words."

"It is a bill that completely lacks courage," Gharabaghi said. "In every section it builds in limitations that suggest this is what we are hoping for, but it's OK if it doesn't happen. Everything is 'should be,' 'may be,' 'could be,' 'ought to be,' 'where appropriate,' 'if necessary.' "

That's the real problem with making attempts to work up the crowd into a frothy frenzy of anger over easily exploited prejudices—in the midst of all the shouting we miss the actual things that should be remedied.​

It's absolutely ridiculous that there are age restrictions on voting, driving, drinking but these same kids are responsible to choose their own gender?

It's absolutely ridiculous that there are age restrictions on voting, driving, drinking but these same kids are responsible to choose their own gender?
I know ryte. It's just a choice.

I remember when I had to choose my gender and sexuality. Year 6.
But I think now they just include it in NAPLAN.

When did you choose to be heterosexual? Was it before or after you could vote?

• Banned
I know ryte. It's just a choice.

I remember when I had to choose my gender and sexuality. Year 6.
But I think now they just include it in NAPLAN.

When did you choose to be heterosexual? Was it before or after you could vote?

Do you support gender reassignment surgery then for minors?

Do you support gender reassignment surgery then for minors?
Yeah man, whether they want it or not!

Most of the other lefties want to take the slow approach, teaching them that there is nothing wrong with being homosexual... essentially brain washing kids into becoming homosexual or trans-gendered. I want to just take the kids away from the parents and force them to become homosexual and trans-gendered. Which is why I'm for bill 89!!

But we all have the same goal, which is to destroy the social fabric of society, and the family unit. So I'll stick with them for now.

We were so close to my goal, and we woulda gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you damned meddling Christian fundamentalists!

Gender reassignment surgery for minors? If it's approved by experts, and it's deemed the child will definitely have a healthier, happier life because of it, I'd have a hard time being against it.
But, I don't know enough about it. Has there been much research on it?

What part of bill 89 will force parents to give their children gender reassignment surgery?

• Banned
Yeah man, whether they want it or not!

Most of the other lefties want to take the slow approach, teaching them that there is nothing wrong with being homosexual... essentially brain washing kids into becoming homosexual or trans-gendered. I want to just take the kids away from the parents and force them to become homosexual and trans-gendered. Which is why I'm for bill 89!!

But we all have the same goal, which is to destroy the social fabric of society, and the family unit. So I'll stick with them for now.

We were so close to my goal, and we woulda gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you damned meddling Christian fundamentalists!

Gender reassignment surgery for minors? If it's approved by experts, and it's deemed the child will definitely have a healthier, happier life because of it, I'd have a hard time being against it.

What part of bill 89 will force parents to give their children gender reassignment surgery?

Well, if the kids just KNOW, why not right?

who are these child-willy-chopping experts, what are their qualifications?

the australian school program has a lot of experts too that made it, a lot of mumbojumbo in it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like how the most against it are the cis-gendered people - seeing as they know best about transgenser and gender disphoria issues

Most people against it are regular parents who are seeing totalitarian policies potentially taking away any rights the parents have to, you know, parent?
Nice use of the trendy term though!

for lots of children it is 'just a phase'

hard to undo the operations after the fact isnt it?
Hmm good point. Maybe we should ensure there are experts who can look at each case individually, to ensure the best outcome for the child?

Which part of the bill deals with gender reassignment surgery?

Oh ok... can you point to the part of the bill that, you know, does that?

Oh, um, gee....the fact that kids can be removed if their parents don't "agree with their identity"

Oh, um, gee....the fact that kids can be removed if their parents don't "agree with their identity"
Link to the part in the bill that says kids can be removed purely if the parents don't agree with their identity?

"Fact".

Not to mention, if you're a parent and you're telling your homosexual child that they are wrong... you're not being a very good parent... Let alone 'parenting'...

whom are these experts
I don't know... I don't even know that there are any... That's why I'm saying we should ensure that there are...

I don't know enough about the topic to say who the experts are.
A mixture of child psychologists, doctors, parents, people who have had gender reassignment surgery, researchers.

I'd probably avoid Christian fundamentalists.

Are you religious/spiritual, cannot? I always assumed you were atheist/agnostic.

I don't know... I don't even know that there are any... That's why I'm saying we should ensure that there are...

and yet you put a hell of a lot of stock in them

Are you religious/spiritual, cannot? I always assumed you were atheist/agnostic.

i merely think its dangerous territory to be doing this to kids when they may change their mind when its too late...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back