McAlmanac

Club Legend
Apr 17, 2002
Brunswick
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Woodville
Went to see Ashley Naylor from Even play his Tuesday night residency at the Rainbow in Fitzroy on Tuesday night. He has guests play with him from time to time and this week he had a guy called Bill Gibson from Sydney.

Gibson is a superb vocalist - a big guy, he's like Richard Clapton sings Hoodoo Gurus. He did his own set and one with Naylor. On chatting to him after the gig, I discovered he was once in The Lemonheads. He has also been in a gazillion Australian bands like The Eastern Dark and Pyramidiacs - all very power pop outfits.

Has anyone seen this guy play live?

He also did some stuff with The Lime Spiders and was in The New Christs as well for a time.
The only aussie I remember being in the Lemonheads was Nic Dalton (Godstar,Plunderers etc) but mind you I lost interest in the Lemonheads when Evan Dando went "hippie" in the early 90's.

Originally posted by McAlmanac
On chatting to him after the gig, I discovered he was once in The Lemonheads.

who hasn't been in the Lemonheads? They were virtually an Australian band!!

GIBSON, Bill (bass)

BANDS
Aquatic Doenuts
The Flies
The Lime Spiders
Hell Yes
Eastern Dark 1984-86
Red Giant 1986
The Smelly Tongues 1987
The Crunge 1988
Roddy Rayda & The Surfin' Caesars 1989-
Roddy Radalj Band 1989
The Shout Brothers 1990
Hellmen 1991
The New Christs 1992

SESSIONS
The Lime Spiders single 1985
Someloves single 1985
The Lime Spiders 12" 'My Favourite Room' 1987
Hellmen lp 'Mourning Of The Earth' 1990

Sh*t! Sh*t! Sh*t!

I wanted to go to that show but totally forgot about it. No doubt, Bill is one of the true gems of Australian music and was the bass player in possible my all time favourite Aussie band, the Eastern Dark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back