Bill Shorten - how long?

Remove this Banner Ad

I miss Abbott as I would Shorten, how anyone who is one eyed can handle these two is beyond my comprehension, when they overstayed their welcome & they didnt see the door :rolleyes: ...
Yes I do break into laughter over the irony of Get Up seeing Tony out, maybe Sen Kimberley Kitching could tap Bill on the shoulder.

As for my answer I thought it would reveal the author of the work as requested, so I'm happy to try again:
Nick Tabakoff is an Associate Editor of The Australian. Tabakoff, a two-time Walkley Award winner, has served in a host of high-level journalism roles across three decades, including Editor-at-Large and Associate Editor of The Daily Telegraph and Sunday Telegraph, a previous stint at The Australian as Media Editor, as well as high-profile roles at the South China Morning Post, the Australian Financial Review, BRW and the Bulletin magazine.

He has also worked in senior producing roles at the Nine Network and in radio.

Trust that answers the question, not heard of Nick before, you?
We got the message after the 75th *en time you mentioned it :rolleyes:

Never heard of nick but if that's his standard then i don't think we'll see much more.

The worst thing to happen to aboriginal kids was the fictional stolen generation. Now they are left to fend for themselves in dysfuctional communities and we have babies being infected by venereal disease. #dangerousgreenzealots

This might be the mist ignorant and ridiculous comment I have seen on Big Footy. You have no idea about the Stolen Generation. Horrible comment. Actually offensive comment.

The motivation for removing the kids has been bastardised by activists. Replace "stolen" with the word "rescued" and its a different dialogue now isnt it.

You are talking about things you have no idea about. Stolen Generation kids were not rescued, they were stolen.

The worst thing to happen to aboriginal kids was the fictional stolen generation. Now they are left to fend for themselves in dysfuctional communities and we have babies being infected by venereal disease. #dangerousgreenzealots
Oh my dude.

This might be the mist ignorant and ridiculous comment I have seen on Big Footy. You have no idea about the Stolen Generation. Horrible comment. Actually offensive comment.
Leaving poor defenseless kids in abusive environments because of fear of a "stolen generation" accusation is horrible and offensive. P.S nice bump from 6 years ago.

Leaving poor defenseless kids in abusive environments because of fear of "stolen generation" accusation is horrible and offensive too.

Poor defenceless kids lol. The majority of Aboriginal kids were taken from beautiful families and had their lives torn apart during the stolen generation. You are speaking about something you have no idea about. Many of those kids struggling now are from the inter generational trauma as a result of stolen generation.

Leaving poor defenseless kids in abusive environments because of fear of a "stolen generation" accusation is horrible and offensive. P.S nice bump from 6 years ago.
Your choice of words needs a please explain.
As a child of the 50s, I well remember the aboriginal kids that came through Sister Kates to make their mark on our game nationally, most famously Polly Farmer, Jack Hunt & Ted Kilmurray (Ted Kilmurray).

Last edited:
As a child of the 50s, I well remember the aboriginal kids that came through Sister Kates to make their mark on our game nationalyl, most famously Polly Farmer, Jack Hunt & Ted Kilmurray (Ted Kilmurray).

His choice of words are appalling and wrong

As a child of the 50s, I well remember the aboriginal kids that came through Sister Kates to make their mark on our game nationally, most famously Polly Farmer, Jack Hunt & Ted Kilmurray (Ted Kilmurray).
Wonderful players and people. In that comment (from 6 years ago) I was referring to the legacy of the "stolen generation" being subequent generations of kids left in abusive environments because authorities are too scared of being accused of "stealing" them.

Wonderful players and people. In that comment (from 6 years ago) I was referring to the legacy of the "stolen generation" being subequent generations of kids left in abusive environments because authorities are too scared of being accused of "stealing" them.

No society is without problems & that the kids are collateral damage.

Absolute rubbish. A far higher percentage of Aboriginal kids are in care than non Aboriginal kids

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much of that is a parenting problem ? A breakdown in the traditional family unit.

The question you should be asking is, why are so many indigenous families being torn apart because of psychological issues?
Followed by, why are there so many psychological issues in indigenous communities?

War veterans face the same kinds of issues that the indigenous face (drinking, violence etc etc etc). We don't dismiss the issues that war veterans face as bluntly as we do to indigenous people, we recognize the reasons that war veterans face the issues they face.
It's trauma that drives all of the psychological issues.

You don't need to be Einstein to work out what the trauma is that is afflicting so many indigenous people.

The question you should be asking is, why are so many indigenous families being torn apart because of psychological issues?
Followed by, why are there so many psychological issues in indigenous communities?

War veterans face the same kinds of issues that the indigenous face (drinking, violence etc etc etc). We don't dismiss the issues that war veterans face as bluntly as we do to indigenous people, we recognize the reasons that war veterans face the issues they face.
It's trauma that drives all of the psychological issues.

You don't need to be Einstein to work out what the trauma is that is afflicting so many indigenous people.

I'd suggest the challenges of servicemen returning to normal society is not what they experienced in the service but a function of where they came from and their preparation of life after service.

Most guys who join the military come from busted arse jurisdictions with high unemployment rates (Adelaide, Tassie and country Queensland). They joined not knowing what they wanted out of life and failed prepare for a career post service.

They stayed longer than they wanted to in the military as they were frightened of leaving. They drank too much as a short term mechanism for happiness. Which meant they didn't have the savings they needed to start a business when leaving or own an investment portfolio.

Many got some random pregnant and got married only to get divorced further impacting their income, savings and adding to emotional baggage and stress.

They eventually get fed up with military life but faced with a challenge of going back to the same s**t hole, no better positioned than when they were young in terms of wealth or training.

This is the same challenge of indigenous people. They often come from lower socio-economic backgrounds, from parents with little education (meaning the parents can't support their educational needs), with little opportunity around them.

For short term happiness, they and their communities can be exposed to excessive alcohol consumption, meth and solvent sniffing. Equally as dangerous, poor quality food and poor sleep, meaning the kids can't concentrate.

If we want to turn lives around, we need to constantly invest in giving people hope and opportunity. Give people this and they will do the rest.

It's insidious how certain racist posters on this forum will attempt to take this kind of comment, and turn it into a 'neutral' talking point.

But ignoring all of that... how long ago do you think 2019 is? And what year do you think it is now??!?

This thread was started in 2019 by a user who has deleted his account due to his support for hate crimes.
Your posts were in 2019...

Why do you keep attempting to excuses your hateful racism by claiming it was "6 years ago" (Like you've changed...), when it was only since 2019??

It's insidious how certain racist posters on this forum will attempt to take this kind of comment, and turn it into a 'neutral' talking point.

But ignoring all of that... how long ago do you think 2019 is? And what year do you think it is now??!?

This thread was started in 2019 by a user who has deleted his account due to his support for hate crimes.
Your posts were in 2019...

Why do you keep attempting to excuses your hateful racism by claiming it was "6 years ago" (Like you've changed...), when it was only since 2019??
Nothing I said back in the mists of time was racist you fool.

Last edited:
Nothing I said was racist you fool
You implied that the 'Stolen Generation'... was a lie...

And you also repeatedly pretended that 2019 was 6 years ago.

Anyone like you, who denies the Stolen Generation... is considered a racist by anyone with any idea about the what the Stolen Generation was.

For you to pretend that Indigenous people are to blame... is racism... because you think the cause is racial, rather than generational trauma.

Anyone like you, who denies the Stolen Generation... is considered a racist by anyone with any idea about the what the Stolen Generation was.

For you to pretend that Indigenous people are to blame... is racism... because you think the cause is racial, rather than generational trauma.
It was poor public policy (as usual) but applying the ridiculous "stolen" terminology created a legacy of non intervention when it comes to indigenous people that is far worse.

It was poor public policy (as usual) but applying the ridiculous "stolen" terminology created a legacy of non intervention when it comes to indigenous people that is far worse.
Ok...

So, it's up to you to clarify...

Do you agree that the Stolen Generation... that continued into past the 1970s... was a criminal and racial act?

OR

Do you view the Stolen Generation as something that 'overall benefitted' the 'Indigenous Population of Australia'?

Ok...

So, it's up to you to clarify...

Do you agree that the Stolen Generation... that continued into past the 1970s... was a criminal and racial act?

OR

Do you view the Stolen Generation as something that 'overall benefitted' the 'Indigenous Population of Australia'?
I don't have to clarify anything and if I did you wouldn't get it or even try to grasp the concept anyway. Perfect reminder of why I stopped posting here.

I don't have to clarify anything and if I did you wouldn't get it or even try to grasp the concept anyway. Perfect reminder of why stopped posting here and probably why people are dredging up posts from 5 years of to try generate outrage.
Sure...

You don't have to defend your racist lies.
But we will all know it's because you're a racist.

But that still doesn't answer the question on why you think 2019 was 6 years ago, or even 5 years ago...

Do you even know what year we are in?!??

Are you so full of hate, that you'll find any excuse to hide your behaviour, without changing?

Sure...

You don't have to defend your racist lies.
But we will all know it's because you're a racist.

But that still doesn't answer the question on why you think 2019 was 6 years ago, or even 5 years ago...

Do you even know what year we are in?!??

Are you so full of hate, that you'll find any excuse to hide your behaviour, without changing?
I'm a massive supporter of indigenous causes and people, with skin in the game and you are everything that's wrong with how these issues are dealt with. End of

I'm a massive supporter of indigenous causes and people, with skin in the game and you are everything that's wrong with how these issues are dealt with. End of

You are a racist liar.

I know most people would pretend to treat you like you're acting in good faith.
But you and I know that you're aren't.

You're a lying piece of tiSh.

And you should either address your racist posts, or apologise for them.

But No one should accept that you were 'just misunderstood from 6 years ago'... When anyone with a pulse knows that you're lying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back