Opinion Billings or De Goey

Billings or degoey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If billings starts converting his set shots then watch out. He has the biggest chance of anyone to become nathan brown pre broken leg than anyone in the league

But yeah, obviously right now jdg is a better player. Let's wait until both hit their peak tho and both in a grand final quality team though

Exactly
Just hoping it becomes more regular
Don’t think it’ll happen with the amount of gun mids the pies have
It’s a tough one. Down forward he can kick a bag and win a game off his own boot. In the midfield he can equally turn a game. I think going forward he’ll start to spend his time 50/50 and move between the two roles as the game dictates.... would love two of him that’s for sure.

They are NOT in the same worlds.
One is a long accurate kick, great mark, super quick, turns on a dime, built like a tank, 190+cm and scares defenders.

The other is a good kick when under no pressure, average mark, shocking kick at goal, squibs contests and only can do well when left alone with no physical pressure.

Da Goey likely to be the best player in the league anytime soon.
Billings may be trade bait come end of season.

This is a non contest.

#therealsaint

They are NOT in the same worlds.
One is a long accurate kick, great mark, super quick, turns on a dime, built like a tank, 190+cm and scares defenders.

The other is a good kick when under no pressure, average mark, shocking kick at goal, squibs contests and only can do well when left alone with no physical pressure.

Da Goey likely to be the best player in the league anytime soon.
Billings may be trade bait come end of season.

This is a non contest.

#therealsaint

De Goey won’t be the best player in the league until he does it week in week out, which he hasn’t proven he can do yet. Very hard to do in his position. Bont, Cripps, Kelly, Oliver are of similar age but can do it week in week out.

Both are brilliant because they generate so many shots/chances on goal. De Goey clearly ahead at the moment for his match winning ability which is hard to find, but if Billings improves his disposal he’ll quickly become one of the best in the comp.

De Goey won’t be the best player in the league until he does it week in week out, which he hasn’t proven he can do yet. Very hard to do in his position. Bont, Cripps, Kelly, Oliver are of similar age but can do it week in week out.

Both are brilliant because they generate so many shots/chances on goal. De Goey clearly ahead at the moment for his match winning ability which is hard to find, but if Billings improves his disposal he’ll quickly become one of the best in the comp.

Billings has no potential to become best in comp!
He isnt in the top 100 players, maybe top 200 players in the comp.
Far to many weaknesses to his game that cant be overcome.

Da goey is on an upward trajectory that looks like he will become the best player.
From current commentators to ex players, they are all saying the same thing.

Billings isnt in the conversation.

Billings games in the first two games have been the major reason for StKilda winning. Has had 28 in both games and uses the ball by hand and foot so well.

DeGoey is a finisher and a very good one at that but the same type of players they are not.

Da goey is on an upward trajectory that looks like he will become the best player.

I don’t thinj any saints fans really mind with people saying de goey is better now and going foward going to be better.

However Billings would legitimately have Brownlow votes in the first 2 rounds and has been our best mid if your not counting greshem.

Why can’t we both agree both should be good players over the next 8 years or so or does everyone at stkilda have to be a spud to make u feel better about de goey?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t thinj any saints fans really mind with people saying de goey is better now and going foward going to be better.

However Billings would legitimately have Brownlow votes in the first 2 rounds and has been our best mid if your not counting greshem.

Why can’t we both agree both should be good players over the next 8 years or so or does everyone at stkilda have to be a spud to make u feel better about de goey?
Big call - 14 players were given votes in your 1st two games and Billing’s didn’t get 1 of the 30 votes given out.

Neither have the potential to be best in the comp from what I have seen.

In addition, I haven't even seen potential from Billings to be a top 50 player, whereas DeGoey could possibly get there.

Big call - 14 players were given votes in your 1st two games and Billing’s didn’t get 1 of the 30 votes given out.
If saints can nab the 3-2-1 in both games I would expect him to get votes yes. Interested to hear from a non saints fan who you thought were our best, I think it’s obvious greshem was BOG round2 by along way. We would of got rolled in most likely both games if u take Billings out and replace him with a middle of the road player we would be 0-2 like we most likely should be atm

If saints can nab the 3-2-1 in both games I would expect him to get votes yes. Interested to hear from a non saints fan who you thought were our best, I think it’s obvious greshem was BOG round2 by along way. We would of got rolled in most likely both games if u take Billings out and replace him with a middle of the road player we would be 0-2 like we most likely should be atm
Bruce was great in round 1 - apart from his 3 goals he was taking marks deep in defence, Ross and Steele the other 2. Clearly Gresh v Ess but I have Ross again and the captain as the other 2 best.

But Billing’s has been good. He is another that suffers from huge expectations due to the number he went in the draft.

Neither have the potential to be best in the comp from what I have seen.

In addition, I haven't even seen potential from Billings to be a top 50 player, whereas DeGoey could possibly get there.

Be serious. Every commentator and ex player think the opposite re: da goey.

All I'm saying is billings best is a good player.

Da goey best is best player in the league.

Original poll was to compare and I'm saying they are not comparable.

Bruce was great in round 1 - apart from his 3 goals he was taking marks deep in defence, Ross and Steele the other 2. Clearly Gresh v Ess but I have Ross again and the captain as the other 2 best.

But Billing’s has been good. He is another that suffers from huge expectations due to the number he went in the draft.
Sorry but no way Ross & Geary were better than Billings against Essendon.

I disagree - so did the 2 coaches.
Ross is the most overrated player in the league in the eyes of the footy public and the coaches eyes, does nothing defensively and turns it over for fun

Billings games in the first two games have been the major reason for StKilda winning. Has had 28 in both games and uses the ball by hand and foot so well.

DeGoey is a finisher and a very good one at that but the same type of players they are not.

Hey Adam H is back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back