Society/Culture Billionaires

Remove this Banner Ad

Well that won't be enough will it.

Even if everyone person in the first world did everything you did, slavery would still be a thing wouldn't it, eco terrorism would still be thing, all the bad things would still be a thing.

You're guilty by existence, stop existing, that's the only way.
Again with the absolutism.

Im comfortable that i do whats within my power and in cognisant of the fact that the billionaires you are defending actively protect this status quo.

Even my business that gets communications to greenfields mine sites (most of which at the moment is rare earths mining) helps with ending reliance on slavery.

What other slavery is my purchasing supporting?

Kill yourself to stop slavery? Real 200iq play here

If someone, anywhere, at any time does anything bad I'm free from guilt for being unethical, what a great mindset.

Again with the absolutism.

Im comfortable that i do whats within my power and in cognisant of the fact that the billionaires you are defending actively protect this status quo.

Even my business that gets communications to greenfields mine sites (most of which at the moment is rare earths mining) helps with ending reliance on slavery.

What other slavery is my purchasing supporting?
Yet here we are complaining with the simplistic view billionaires are bad, period, no ifs buts or maybes.

'Must be bad coz too much money'

Ok, I stand corrected.

Yet here we are complaining with the simplistic view billionaires are bad, period, no ifs buts or maybes.

'Must be bad coz too much money'

Ok, I stand corrected.

To earn $1B aud requires ~11k p/h for an entire working life 18-65, full time, 2 weeks holiday a year. Ignoring Inflation/actually spending any money to sustain life

How would one go about creating that much value every hour? I'd argue impossible, so it involves exploitation(of humans and resources), therefore bad.

Reality is billionaires don't really work much, if at all. Their money does the work for them after a certain point, presuming they're self made(an embarrassingly small minority).

Inequality is a feature not a bug of capitalism, its designed to concentrate wealth

So guilt by existence and not intent.

I shouldn't even be replying to such an ignorant post. See ya.
What? You take bad faith arguing and then crank it to the max.

A billionaire isn’t going to see your posts and give you a billion dollars you know that right?

To earn $1B aud requires ~11k p/h for an entire working life 18-65, full time, 2 weeks holiday a year. Ignoring Inflation/actually spending any money to sustain life

How would one go about creating that much value every hour? I'd argue impossible, so it involves exploitation(of humans and resources), therefore bad.

Reality is billionaires don't really work much, if at all. Their money does the work for them after a certain point, presuming they're self made(an embarrassingly small minority).

Inequality is a feature not a bug of capitalism, its designed to concentrate wealth

What? You take bad faith arguing and then crank it to the max.

A billionaire isn’t going to see your posts and give you a billion dollars you know that right?
Wow, humans exploiting other humans indirectly - who would've thought? Geez I stand corrected, don't I.

Just by existing in our first world we're doing that now, guilt by existence, pass me a razor blade, that'll fix it.

Ok - so name a billionaire that contributes more to this world than he / she takes.
Well Kranky, if you don't wanna be hypocritical, stop existing in your first world now. Won't make much difference unless we all buy in and stop existing though.

All good to 'billionaire bad' but no one here is self critical when they should be right? (myself excepted, at least I can see and acknowledge we can't be critical of billionaires, coz we're guilty by mere existence in our first world).

Well Kranky, if you don't wanna be hypocritical, stop existing in your first world now. Won't make much difference unless we all buy in and stop existing though.

All good to 'billionaire bad' but no one here is self critical when they should be right? (myself excepted, at least I can see and acknowledge we can't be critical of billionaires, coz we're guilty by mere existence in our first world).
Nice dodge, but how about naming one.

Shouldnt be hard, you seem convinced of a bunch of do gooder billionaires out there.

Nice dodge, but how about naming one.

Shouldnt be hard, you seem convinced of a bunch of do gooder billionaires out there.
No dodge at all and I'm not talking about 'do gooder' billionaires, never said they're angels, of course they aren't. Not many people are, pure and righteous are exceptions to the rule.

So are billionaires that intentionally take delight in the suffering of others, purely to take delight in the suffering of others.

No dodge at all and I'm not talking about 'do gooder' billionaires, never said they're angels, of course they aren't. Not many people are, pure and righteous are exceptions to the rule.

So are billionaires that intentionally take delight in the suffering of others, purely to take delight in the suffering of others.
But whos your candidate for a good billionaire?

According to forbes there are 2755.

Youve invested quite a lot of effort defending these 2755 people, im presuming you must know one of them well enough to make this judgement call.

Put him / her / them up here so we can be convinced.

Or are you defending a bunch of people you dont know at all and dont really know why?

According to forbes there are 2755.

Youve invested quite a lot of effort defending these 2755 people, im presuming you must know one of them well enough to make this judgement call.

Put him / her / them up here so we can be convinced.

Or are you defending a bunch of people you dont know at all and dont really know why?
You keep wishing me to define billionaires and goody two shoes, I'm not, I've clearly stated that.

Let it go Krank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a hilarious pathetic conversation. The semantics are ridiculous. You are losing the meaning of the words. How about if I have 999 million dollars? Am I absolved? How about I won a billion dollar lottery? does that make me more evil than a multi-millionaire sex trafficker? There are two classes, Capitalist and Worker. That is the distinction. Not how many numbers someone has.

Last edited:
If I may interject on this one: Elon. Dragged the auto industry, kicking and screaming, towards EVs. Proved NASA wrong when they said that reusable rockets were impossible. Neuralink might go nowhere but it might become the key to humanity merging with AI rather than being replaced by it.

Ignore the haters and consider it objectively... think about actions instead of words. Glad to help, m8.

If I may interject on this one: Elon. Dragged the auto industry, kicking and screaming, towards EVs. Proved NASA wrong when they said that reusable rockets were impossible. Neuralink might go nowhere but it might become the key to humanity merging with AI rather than being replaced by it.

Ignore the haters and consider it objectively... think about actions instead of words. Glad to help, m8.
All I can do is laugh, if only to stop myself crying at the sight of such stupidity. Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

I am against you, understand?

He does some good things - also does some really shitty things. Treats people who work for him like absolute crap, that’s not right, noone deserves to be treated like that.

The ask was for a billionaire who just does good. Musk is a terrible example.

Treats people who work for him like absolute crap, that’s not right, noone deserves to be treated like that.
False. Fatcat engineers are queuing up to work for him. Pay and conditions are great and it's like a gold star for their CV. They aren't like the Bezos's warehouse workers who need adult diapers due to lack of break time, or Steve Jobs's iPhone factory workers where they have suicide nets around the building to try and retain their workforce.

Stop getting your news from haters on twitter m8... dig a little deeper.

False. Fatcat engineers are queuing up to work for him. Pay and conditions are great and it's like a gold star for their CV. They aren't like the Bezos's warehouse workers who need adult diapers due to lack of break time, or Steve Jobs's iPhone factory workers where they have suicide nets around the building to try and retain their workforce.

Why do all his kids hate him?

You must have missed the handicapped guy he sacked and abused on twitter before realising he just cost himself 40 million….

Oh and while we are talking of s**t acts :

Remove this Banner Ad

Back