FTA-TV Billions

Remove this Banner Ad

Sneak peek:

People who think this is brilliant drama probably think How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory are hilarious comedies.
This x 1000.

I got through season 1 of Billions but only just, and only because it's Giamatti The Boss. But it's right down the bottom of my current rota which includes American Crime Story (Best show I've seen so far this year), Better Call Saul, Vinyl, Shameless, and this.

Billions just feels very plastic, just can't take it seriously, even for a tv show. The writing is quite ordinary.
Like who deletes a mail from the sent folder WITHOUT then deleting it from the trash folder.
And whoever makes their login password characters visible? No one. Ever.
Please.

This show was disappointing, underwhelming, frustrating. With some changes it could've been so much better. Oscar nominee Paul Giamatti and plausible Oscar contender Damian Lewis as the lead actors in a premium cable drama sounded ******* awesome. But their casting was just cynically used to get people watching.

The drama never goes higher than a 7. I got very tired of the dramatic scenes being undercut by jokes and wisecracks. The dialogue is done for idiot viewers. The characters explain stuff to each other in dumbed downed terms even though they'd know it like the back of their hand anyway.

The romance subplot with Chuck's right hand man and the young employee: That entire thing was crap and telegraphed 7 episodes before it happened. The woman and bloke from the FBI who hung around all the time were just nothing cliches. Chuck and his wife's sex life is there to make it seem like there's depth and not a boring depth.

People who think this is brilliant drama probably think How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory are hilarious comedies.

If you took out the swearing and occasional nudity this could be on NBC/CBS/FOX.

When they had the stand-off at the end of the episode I was half expecting Giamatti to pull out a gun.

Not really sure where next season can go to be honest without repeating basically the same storyline.

The last episode and the last scene confirmed to me it'll be the exact same thing next year.

If you took out the swearing and occasional nudity this could be on NBC/CBS/FOX.

Yawns

Try and not insult people's taste when they differ from your standards ... And HIMYM was great for the first few seasons. not everything that is entertaining has to be quality drama/TV.

It's entertaining TV I don't try and rate it anything more than that, really don't know where they can go in season 2 by continuing pretty much the same storyline fro. This season .

Well it looks like some liked it more than others, how'd that happen:confused:...

It's always going to be near impossible for me to not like something Giamatti is in & the only real criticism I have was that the final episode 'standoff' came across a bit comical I thought. Bring on S2.

It was an alright final but it doesn't make me want to watch for season 2.

What they should of done is instead of Axe blackmailing Wendy, they should of had an affair that Chuck finds out about.

It would make it more interesting Chuck going completely rogue of his pursuit Axe due to that personal circumstance. Yeah Chuck made his feelings known that he didn't like Wendy working for Axe but it would be better if his hatred was more intense if there was an affair storyline. Prior to the final, Chuck emotions were quite placid.

Heading into season 2 you have a main character in Wendy in limbo. She no longer works for Axe and she is now separated from Chuck. What is she going to do? Unless it was done to write her character out of next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I liked it too and anyone who wants to have a go about me liking it can f*** off and go do one. I like Big Bang Theory too so you can double f**** off if you have a problem with that.

Christ there's some whiners here :thumbsdown::rolleyes:

Just one really.

People aren't complaining because you didn't like the show, they're complaining about the fact you came across as a complete campaigner in your criticism of it. This thread is full of people talking about various flaws in the story, writing etc but you're acting like you're the only bloke enlightened enough to have picked up on any of that FFS.

Keeping up to date with a show you don't like and constantly deriding it in this thread is just sad really but insulting the intelligence of those who disagree with you in such a smug fashion is just so unnecessary and rude. I can't believe you're actually surprised by the reaction your posts have received here, do you just lack the self awareness to realize when you're being such a condescending dick or do you think people actually enjoy being spoken to in such a derisive way?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back