FTA-TV Billions

Remove this Banner Ad

NusrEtRestaurant_SaltBae_NusretGo_kc_e_SteakSalting_0926_SELECT.jpg

Loved it, except the ending.
These 2 have been at each others throats since ep1, I couldn't swallow that they're now dissecting strategies to help each other.
Once Chuck gets back in office, his focus will be bringing down Axe, as it's always been. That's the premise of the show. So that last scene had me cringing.

I predicted that Chuck would be taken down, but I expected that it would have been Carl who did the dirty, as he was planted in Chuck's office by the AG. But he was nowhere in the finale.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah ok episode - but I kinda really want to see Chuck and Axe suffer. The end game should be both of them losing out of their hubris. The season end only really glosses over this as a temporary loss. I am not really interested to see Jeffcoat or Taylor go down, nor do I want to cheer any of the chief protagonists take them down (they are so damn unlikeable and have no real redeeming features).

yeah ok episode - but I kinda really want to see Chuck and Axe suffer. The end game should be both of them losing out of their hubris. The season end only really glosses over this as a temporary loss. I am not really interested to see Jeffcoat or Taylor go down, nor do I want to cheer any of the chief protagonists take them down (they are so damn unlikeable and have no real redeeming features).
Maybe that's the next season then? Seeing them try and ultimately fail to get revenge. That could open up some incredible storylines and acting, but would mean that the 4th season would be the last (which they probably don't want to do).
Add me to the list that enjoyed the season and can’t wait for season 4.

So how do you solve a problem like Gregor?
He's an absolute nutter. Demanding to hear Axe say he wants to kill Taylor, then when he finally declines, offering to do it anyways. Haha.

Overall, I've been loving this season more and more. Sure, it is ridiculous and completely over-acted in almost every scene, but I LOVE that. Honestly, if it didn't have Wags saying some of the most insane things every episode with Axe alternately holding him back or geeing him up for more, it just wouldn't be the same show.

I also particularly liked Connerty's dismissal of Chuck. He absolutely relished that moment.

I don't trust Chuck for a second so I wouldn't be surprised if that ending scene comes back to bite Axe. What's stopping him from telling Taylor what Axe plans to do?

Long term I think Axe will lose financially but have Lara and the kids, whilst Chuck will lose Wendy but have the satisfaction of taking down Axe.

It was the opposite for me. The delivery was predictable, lame, and nowhere as dramatic or impactful as when Chuck dismissed Connerty.
Oh, definitely not as dramatic as the other way round, but I thought it fit his character really well. The self-righteousness of it all.

So how do you solve a problem like Gregor?

Axe has got resources. The mild mannered guy, Hall, who was in the meeting with Grigor, seems to be ex-special forces or CIA. Then there's the two young guys who have done some dirty work for him before. If Axe helps Chuck get some power back, Grigor could be indicted or deported.

Axe has got resources. The mild mannered guy, Hall, who was in the meeting with Grigor, seems to be ex-special forces or CIA. Then there's the two young guys who have done some dirty work for him before. If Axe helps Chuck get some power back, Grigor could be indicted or deported.
Jeez, you wouldn't want to * that one up.

The "Ex-CIA" guy looked like he was shitting bricks in the car...

You don't think Grigor would be coming after Axe if he had him indicted or deported?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back