FTA-TV Billions

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, was taking the piss. The look on his face when someone needed it though :p

How different does Taylor look with hair...

Enjoyed the season opener.
I'm not sure if I enjoyed that episode or not. It all felt a little bit silly and the stakes unusually low, but I guess it was the season opener. Chuck and Axe seemed like caricatures of themselves in a way, but maybe I'm just tiring of the overall concept. Hopefully I'm back on board next week, as I've really enjoyed the show for the first 3 seasons.

But definitely agree with the look on Chuck's face when he could finally use that bribe being hilarious and Taylor looking incredibly different with hair!!!

The whole chase by Chuck to get the carry license was pretty decent and had a good payoff.

Chuck having to drag himself through the mud in order to make some friends. His favour book not actually as full as he would like to tell people but sucking it up and doing what he needed to do to rebuild his reputation and influence.

Setting Axe up to be "overmatched" is a deliberate move by the writers to make the viewer see Axe as the underdog and somebody to be cheering on. Yeah ok I'll be on for the ride but still won't forget that they guy is a psycho only 1 step below a willingness to have people murdered.

I do wonder if we've seen the last of Rudy. He's pretty pathetic and they could easily just write him out for good but that wouldn't be much fun :)

Not even sure how I feel about the whole Taylor thing. In some ways it's outrageous to say that middle eastern people would be more willing to make deals with a woman than a non-binary person. It leaves me a little uncomfortable but it looks like the writers have gotten away with it.

Yeah, was taking the piss. The look on his face when someone needed it though :p

Enjoyed the season opener.

I must admit i didn't realise it was them.

Episode was ok and i am not worried about the pace as i think the first 2 episodes of the other seasons were slow burners as well.

Still great IMO. Would watch just for the 5 mins of Wags we get each week, poor bloke bit off a bit more than he could chew in ep 1 lol.

Chuck doing the hard yards. Seems like Axe has the beginnings of a plan to deal with Grigor. You'd wanna tread lightly there, bloke is certified psycho with more money than god (or Axe).

Haha yep legit didn't realise it was them. Wife goes "that's Taylor" and I'm like nah.... oh wait holy s**t :oops:

The Lifeline joke was gold :)

Even when they first started angling the show towards the Chuck/Axe alliance I called bullshit as I knew where they were going. After watching them try to ruin each other many times it's very hard to believe they would just bury the hatchet so easily. I'll never be over it but I will accept it happened and move on with just enjoying the show.

So who is the bad guy now? Perhaps time for Connerty to step up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excellent Heat reference from Tayls this week.

I liked the extra Spiro time too. That guy has to be the floggest character on any tv show right?

Definitely. I always laugh at how he looks like a puppy that's just been kicked everytime Axe verbally destroys him, surely he'd be used to it by now lol

Solid ep, was thinking Grigor would see through Taylor's play though and s**t would get real. Axe's new chick seems on his level, new power couple there.

Definitely. I always laugh at how he looks like a puppy that's just been kicked everytime Axe verbally destroys him, surely he'd be used to it by now lol

Solid ep, was thinking Grigor would see through Taylor's play though and s**t would get real. Axe's new chick seems on his level, new power couple there.
Grigor knew exactly what Taylor did and was impressed by it because it was sneaky and ruthless and the exact same play he would've made. I think he explicitly said that last part. Basically it was a test to see what they would do and after seeing them in action, was happy to open up funding for their company because he now knows it will be financially beneficial for him too.

To be honest, I'm much more interested in Taylor's storyline at the moment than Chuck or Axe. Until they're back out to destroy each other, they almost feel unnecessary characters to me!

Still great IMO. Would watch just for the 5 mins of Wags we get each week, poor bloke bit off a bit more than he could chew in ep 1 lol.

Chuck doing the hard yards. Seems like Axe has the beginnings of a plan to deal with Grigor. You'd wanna tread lightly there, bloke is certified psycho with more money than god (or Axe).

Haha yep legit didn't realise it was them. Wife goes "that's Taylor" and I'm like nah.... oh wait holy s**t :oops:

Wags has become the best character on the show.

I had to hit the rewind button when Taylor got dressed up.

I wonder if something will come out of the Wendy and Chuck relationship. It seems she's not totally happy sexually.

Last edited:
Wags has become the best character on the show.

I had to hit the rewind button when Taylor got dressed up.

I wonder if something will come out of the Wendy and Chuck relationship. It seems she's not totally happy sexualy.
I got the vibe that Wendy was sounding out the female broker (forgotten her name right now) about becoming a new domme for Chuck.

I got the vibe that Wendy was sounding out the female broker (forgotten her name right now) about becoming a new domme for Chuck.
I thought that she was trying to find someone else like her - a hard ass on the outside, but still feminine and wanting to cede control at home - that could succeed in what is a pretty toxic environment

I think maybe she was just trying to find someone to relate to or try and get some advice for herself.

I thought the second half of the episode was nice and juicy but a shame that may be the last we see of the kinky girl, It was good to see Axe bangin' and the exchange between him and Chuck later in the day was a really good scene.

It seems Chuck is getting back on his feet a little too easily but it looks like the Wendy thing will be a spanner in the works just as it looks like he is getting back on top.

Good Episode I thought!

Dollar Bill was brilliant in the latest episode

I think you mean Chicken Bill :D

Was gold.

But apart from that, just a middling ep I thought. Talyor and their dad was good stuff, although not sure how they knew that Axe would get hold of their math (Hall "personal use" lol geez that guy is creepy). Also thought the whistle blower stuff was a bit weak - folded a little too fast when Chuck put the squeeze on, then flip flopped back just as easy when Sacker went to see him.

Last edited:
Also thought the whistle blower stuff was a bit weak - folded a little too fast when Chuck put the squeeze on, then flip flopped back just as easy when Sacker went to see him.
Absolutely. That guy should get eaten alive in a trial if that is how he is in a one-on-one in his own home.

Also agree that the episode of the whole wasn't that great outside of Bill and his chickens

I think you mean Chicken Bill :D

Was gold.

But apart from that, just a middling ep I thought. Talyor and their dad was good stuff, although not sure how they knew that Axe would get hold of their math (Hall "personal use" lol geez that guy is creepy). Also thought the whistle blower stuff was a bit weak - folded a little too fast when Chuck put the squeeze on, then flip flopped back just as easy when Sacker went to see him.

I think they went a bit far in Axe and Taylor guessing each other with the maths on the board.

I wonder if the favour Axe wants from Chuck is for him to go after Grigor.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back