FTA-TV Billions

Remove this Banner Ad

I think they went a bit far in Axe and Taylor guessing each other with the maths on the board.

I wonder if the favour Axe wants from Chuck is for him to go after Grigor.
I thought it was implied it would be linked with his fake truce with Taylor.

Also, Chuck is such a grotesque character. The look on his face every time he snapped the rubber band on his leg was gag-inducing.

I thought it was implied it would be linked with his fake truce with Taylor.

Also, Chuck is such a grotesque character. The look on his face every time he snapped the rubber band on his leg was gag-inducing.

That is what i assumed as well, will use Chuck to deal with Taylor.

But does Taylor have something up with their sleeve as well?

The rubber band thing is linked to the Wendy stuff.

She is fed up with being the dom so Chuck isn't getting his masochistic release.

The whole chicken bill scene was brilliant. Poisoning the food supply reference to the whole Ice Juice saga lol but also showing a conscience that they thought it was the wrong thing to do. Perhaps in an effort to allow the viewer to like Axe and Wags? C'mon we've loved them from day 1 lol

Episode 4 started off a bit meh. Then hit home big time.

The reactions to Chuck's speech was priceless.

Grigor exiting the show was slightly clumsy but he had to go. The plot had been getting a little bogged down with him overshadowing what Axe and Mason were up to.

30 days later and we don't know if Chuck and Wendy are still together.

Grigor exiting the show was slightly clumsy but he had to go. The plot had been getting a little bogged down with him overshadowing what Axe and Mason were up to.

Agreed on your spoiler comments.

Great ep. Has really moved the story on which I'm happy about.

Haha yeah the smash cuts to everyone's face was gold. Likewise all the millenials having no clue what to do without their apps (you better believe we're having a seminar after this, lol) and being in awe of Axe and Wags taking it old skool.

Entertaining ep but gee they're stretching it - not a chance in hell Chuck holds a public office, let alone AG for New York, after that confessional.

Agree that it was probably time to move him on and get the focus back to Axe vs Taylor, but I'd go further than slightly clumsy - based on what we know thus far about Grigor it was flat-out not believable. Was sure shot like that was the end of his involvement, I just can't buy that he'd take that defeat, especially once back in Russia with his cash. He and his interests being banned from the US, there's probably not much point in impacting Axe financially anymore but he'd just send a hitman surely.

Chuck and Wendy sure as s**t aren't together! Interesting little call from Taylor to Wendy straight after it went down, reckon there wll be an angle or alliance there secret from both Chuck and Axe.

ps. we don't need to use spoiler tags after ep has aired do we?

Wags usually gives me the shits but he actually got stuff done this week

I would say not.

I'm glad that the Grigor arc seems to be over. I never like the character or Malkovich's performance
Haha. I loved him. I even started chuckling when he was the one saying "Previously on Billions".
Haha yeah the smash cuts to everyone's face was gold. Likewise all the millenials having no clue what to do without their apps (you better believe we're having a seminar after this, lol) and being in awe of Axe and Wags taking it old skool.

Entertaining ep but gee they're stretching it - not a chance in hell Chuck holds a public office, let alone AG for New York, after that confessional.

Agree that it was probably time to move him on and get the focus back to Axe vs Taylor, but I'd go further than slightly clumsy - based on what we know thus far about Grigor it was flat-out not believable. Was sure shot like that was the end of his involvement, I just can't buy that he'd take that defeat, especially once back in Russia with his cash. He and his interests being banned from the US, there's probably not much point in impacting Axe financially anymore but he'd just send a hitman surely.

Chuck and Wendy sure as s**t aren't together! Interesting little call from Taylor to Wendy straight after it went down, reckon there wll be an angle or alliance there secret from both Chuck and Axe.

ps. we don't need to use spoiler tags after ep has aired do we?
What I don't get is why anyone would care that much about voting for a State Attorney General.

What I don't get is why anyone would care that much about voting for a State Attorney General.
Because it, in a large part, determines what gets investigated and prosecuted and what sort of sentences the government seeks for state crimes.

Just look at NY irl - there are multiple investigations into whether Trump has committed any state crimes (fraud in relation to his charity & "university", tax evasion etc) - or any of the cases where states are challenging either federal departments (multiple Republican states challenging EPA rules) or the federal government (the multiple Democratic states that challenged Trumps Muslim travel ban etc).

Plus the State AG not infrequently ends up running for Governor/Congress/President in the future

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately I was clumsy on another website and read a spoiler of what happened in the episode before I saw it, I won't be making that mistake again.

It was a really good episode with some characters having good little cameos.

I wonder if it was deliberate to make it look like Grigor was leaving with his tail in between his legs cause Axl won that stand off easily IMO.

I get the feeling things with Taylor and it's Dad are not going to end well either.

The latest episode reminded me of why I stopped watching House of Cards early on. Unlikeable people doing despicable things.
I am in this camp - this series needs to come to a conclusion soon which shows a dramatic and everlasting downfall of the two leads.

I am in this camp - this series needs to come to a conclusion soon which shows a dramatic and everlasting downfall of the two leads.
Yeah, I'm kinda feeling the same way now. Axe's absolute destruction of that young hedge fund manager (the son of his own mentor, no less) was incredibly brutal and not something worth celebrating like they all did back in the war room at the office. And the hubris of using Julius Caesar as justification for ruining someone's funeral for your own gain is actually insane.

BUT ... I'll probably keep watching to see them get their eventual comeuppance. Fingers crossed, anyways.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back