Billy Brownless

Remove this Banner Ad

His totally selfless comments after the game won my respect.

Basically..."it's about the club and not the individual"

Good one Billy:thumbsu:

Yes that was nice to hear BUT honestly - what else is he going to say??

Nice rhetoric, but as if we're going to hear something along the likes of "This makes up for the losses I played in", "We deserve this", "I feel fantastic for us", "i'm gunna enjoy this"......

Geelong #1 team for 2007. A champion team. But let's not gush thoughtlessly over everything blue and white.

Would be great if some others of the Geelong lot would've managed to show the same emotion.

After a 44 year wait it was pretty subdued and flat IMO.

Yes that was nice to hear BUT honestly - what else is he going to say??

Nice rhetoric, but as if we're going to hear something along the likes of "This makes up for the losses I played in", "We deserve this", "I feel fantastic for us", "i'm gunna enjoy this"......

Geelong #1 team for 2007. A champion team. But let's not gush thoughtlessly over everything blue and white.

He was crying; it was the most sincere display of emotion from a man I have ever seen. he meant what he said, that much was obvious.

Billy is, and always has been, a living breathing legend at Catland.....has never wavered from his love of the club......he genuinely is a great big PUSSYCAT!!.......and a much loved one!!

I love the big fat tub of lard, I loved how he had lost his voice, going to be very quiet tonight, while he downs a lot of "frothies". :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Billy, despite being Geelong through and through, is one of those guys that transcends club loyalties. Everyone seems to love him, he's a fantastically engaging personality.

WHERE'S THE WHEEL??!! haha

Bill is an absolute dead set champion + legend + gun. Plus he has a hot wife.

I still remember doing laps of my house when he kicked that goal after the siren in the finals against the Bulldogs in the early 90s.
Only time I blubbed tonight was when I saw Billy's reaction.
Must admit I haven't shown much emotion tonight besides that, someone on this thread canned us for not getting too much into it but I can tell you its just a huge sense of relief more than elation.
Hopefully we'll win in 2008 so we can enjoy it a bit more.

billy is something rare. a campion bloke who was a champion player. i hope he enjoys his night with the rest of the geelong massive. what a champ.

Good bloke :thumbsu: Bleeds blue and white.

Billy's a legend but he doesn't have a premiership medallion around his neck.. what about Riccardi he's a Geelong man through and through why not show him some love?

I definitely feel for Riccardi, last player to retire or the Cats, and was an out and out champion. He did miss a gettable shot in the 04 prelim which may have won us the game though* :p

*As did Chapman :p

Good bloke :thumbsu: Bleeds blue and white.

I definitely feel for Riccardi, last player to retire or the Cats, and was an out and out champion. He did miss a gettable shot in the 04 prelim which may have won us the game though* :p

*As did Chapman :p

Yeah, but great to see Ricco make his way to the front row and many of the players acknowledging him with a hug or high 5, he looks like he's aged a bit in the last year but great to see him and other ex champs enjoying the result.:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back