Injury Billy Elliott Update (latest post #388 p16)

Remove this Banner Ad

Trav68

Senior List
Jun 3, 2011
Abbotsford
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere but I spoke to a mate who was a guest of the club yesterday. He met a lot of the players/got signed footys etc. and he asked Billy how his back was. Billy said he's tweaked it again and ruled himself out for this season. Here's hoping he can get over his back problems and come back for a strong pre-season in 2017.

Billy.jpg

This was my post on 25/02/16;

Just read in the Steele thread that Elliott has a pars defect. That is not at all good. He will have to manage this for the rest of his career barring surgery.
So far from surprised, but still devastated. :(

FFFFFF$$$$$$$@@@@@@@&&&&&&&&&&!

Just got to get it right, if that means cotton wool for 2016 so be it.

Ahhh yeah TRS, I seem to remember hearing that too now. I really hope he can sort this but it sounds doubtful.

s**t news if true.

How do you tweak a back?

Over load and put too much strain on the disc so it gets inflamed is one way. The inflammation in the disc can then put pressure on your nerves which is bloody painful. I'm not sure if that would be what has happened with pars defect.

It's not the worst result really, rather than trying desperately to bring him back time and time again this season, we can now just concentrate on getting him right without the worry of a return date.

Getting him right for next season is important, but so is his future health for the rest of his life, can't rush this.

if the news is true dam. but as others have said better to get him right, if he misses the rest of the season so be it his
health is more important than a football game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not the worst result really, rather than trying desperately to bring him back time and time again this season, we can now just concentrate on getting him right without the worry of a return date.

Getting him right for next season is important, but so is his future health for the rest of his life, can't rush this.

Voice of reason mattys!

Hugely disappointing.

He has (had?) potential to reach the elite status by now, gives so much spark to our forward line and constantly poses a threat to the opposition and can also help with our run on the outside with his speed on a wing.

He had a brilliant first half of the season last year and then was terrible three games in a row and then spent time injured on the sidelines which suggests he was not right physically in those three games anyway (him and Cloke missing from the team / out of form in the second half of the seasons is to me one of the reasons we couldn't win the close ones and dropped). Perhaps that back half of the season is why the supporter base took the news of him missing indefinitely so 'well', personally I saw it a major blow to our finals chances.

I'm hoping Tom Phillips can be a revelation of sorts and come in to contribute to the team in the second half of the season to replace Elliott's scoreboard impact, but it pains me that we have to keep relying on help from young players from in an already young team due to the state of our injury list.

He didn't say that on SEN before the game when Malthouse asked him about it.

He explained his condition and said the pars was only diagnosed after he felt pain again this pre-season.
He said he will try to be back in 6-8 weeks.......and that he has good days & bad with it.

The truth is he didn't sound to confident in what he was saying.
Maybe he lied about his return date but I don't see why he would lie about being out all year.

and Might even get Crocker at Crack at AFL Level later in the Year

He didn't say that on SEN before the game when Malthouse asked him about it.

He explained his condition and said the pars was only diagnosed after he felt pain again this pre-season.
He said he will try to be back in 6-8 weeks.......and that he has good days & bad with it.

The truth is he didn't sound to confident in what he was saying.
Maybe he lied about his return date but I don't see why he would lie about being out all year.

I've never hoped to be more wrong about a post ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back