Player Watch Billy Frampton - Traded to Collingwood

Your opinion on Billy:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just quietly, while we seem to have got reasonable value for this trade, Hawthorn have made out like bandits.

GWS get Jacobs, lose Patton
Hawthorn get Patton, lose 2020 4th round pick (Melbourne)
Crows get Frampton, lose Jacobs
Port get 2020 4th round pick (Melbourne), lose Frampton

How the fu** is Patton involved in this? GWS have straight up swapped Patton for Jacobs, that's lunacy.

Admittedly, Patton never really clicked and has had massive injury issues on top of it. He isn't someone I would want here. Would actually take Jenkins over Patton personally.

Frampton with Fog is potentially a very aggressive forward combo.

Rotate Himmelberg through when either of them are suspended on a bi-weekly basis? ;)

WaynesWorld19 Where are ya Wayno?
We've just traded in a contested marking beast!!
is he a mid ?? .... I want a contested marking mid, damn .....we just traded gave away one

Bicks we could abbreviate .....HTF do you abbreviate Mutineer .....Muts :p

is he a mid ?? .... I want a contested marking mid, damn .....we just traded gave away one

Bicks we could abbreviate .....HTF do you abbreviate Mutineer .....Muts :p
Well if we keep pick 4 Caleb is the contested marking mid in this draft......Don't you be worrying that he's 178cm, he's an absolute high marking beast.

Well if we keep pick 4 Caleb is the contested marking mid in this draft......Don't you be worrying that he's 178cm, he's an absolute high marking beast.
Going to say ????? on Caleb .....needs more pace over 20mtrs IMHO

Was ho-hum on Kemp, but his game against Sth Aust in the midfield pricked my ears

Like .... Hayden Young & Flanders

I will be surprised if Frampton becomes a regular AFL player.

Good cheap depth though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm not expecting it, but it wouldn't surprise me if he does.

There is a reliable tool to base his game around, and the fact he had his first full season as a KPF lead to him missing out on the leading goal kicker by suspension does make my ears twitch up. Is certainly a question of "what else?" but being a reliable enough contested player may prove enough.

Definitely question marks, but there is enough there to harbor some confidence at least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can understand why some would grow up supporting a club from another state.

I may have been born in adelaide, but was in Melbourne before I could walk, and lived in Sydney for 90% of my schooling

In my personal case, my dad was a diehard north Adelaide supporter with a mild interest in adelaide. And in Sydney, it’s so big and inconvenient to get to the scg it’s a hard sell for someone to become a member when you need to travel 1.5 hours to games. So without that pull of Sydney, the one influence was adelaide. And with players like Darren jarman, Ben hart running around. There’s a connection making my dad more passionate, and with them being the only team we’re going out of our way to watch, the love grew.

Perth would be a place which make sure a lot of sense. Your parents are eagles fans' but you can’t attend local games, so young kids mightnt become diehard eagles fans. But have enough influence to not support Fremantle. The mutual respect Adelaide and west coast fans seem to have of each other might put us ahead of eastern teams. But an amazing player like modra in the 90s, eddie in the 10s could be enough to hook someone on the fence.

I do wonder one thing, in the late 90s, early 00s when I was getting more and more into footy, would I have gone gws if they existed. They will take off, just give it another 15+ years. There will be slow growth, but around 2025 I think there will be a spike, and by 2035 there will be calls for a new/expanded stadium.

By 04 I was diehard crows.
There was a 5 year period before that which I could’ve swung either way.

I will be surprised if Frampton becomes a regular AFL player.

Good cheap depth though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
To early to say, but he is a tall who is now ready to play.

Did you think JJ would become a regular when we traded for him?

I'm very happy with this trade. Over the weekend I watched my Bays trounce Port again in the recent GF but also kept a close eye on Billy. There's a lot to like about him. He's a very solid boy who can take a grab. A bit to work on as well I'm sure but hopefully Nick's can train the "filth" out of him. Training along side Fog won't do him any harm either; hopefully Billy can glean some goal kicking technique from watching Fog. 2 contested marking talls who are both confident in front of the sticks is exactly what we need.
P..S. Bye bye JJ.

I hope we get to see a three pronged forward line of Frampton, Fog and Himmelberg. Think that Lynch and Tex are now blocking the development of younger guys. Not sure if Frampton and/or Himmelberg will be 100+ game players or not, but I really hope we get a rock solid idea by the end of 2020.

Patton's stats are pretty ordinary considering the hype his entire career so far. Injuries haven't helped.

Patton was developing into a game-winning monster, prior to his last injury. I saw many of his games at Manuka, and he really wanted the ball, and wanted to win games off his boot. Some of his long goals from the wing area were outstanding. Unfortunately, repeated ACLs have left him where he is now, a future 4th round pick with severe confidence problems in his body.

Back