BrissyCrow

Premium Platinum
Mar 20, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg & Most Other Tiger Teams
Must admit, I haven't seen any of his three AFL games and effectively none of his SANFL form. Is he any good? Very late pick in 2014 and has only played three games since.

Is he more of a ruck, or a KPP?
Saw him in the SANFL GFinal and he looked strong. Took some good marks. But other than that I dont have much to say as i wasn't focusing on him. I was watching Gould.

Saw him in the SANFL GFinal and he looked strong. Took some good marks. But other than that I dont have much to say as i wasn't focusing on him. I was watching Gould.

He kicks well (based on the limited vision I have seen) and arugably would be the best kick for a ruckman we have had for a while.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Cheap punt, no harm and it might pay off

Going to be a bit awkward if Jenkins is still here though.
Sounds like Danger is trying to talk Geelong into taking that bullet.

Sep 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just quietly, while we seem to have got reasonable value for this trade, Hawthorn have made out like bandits.

GWS get Jacobs, lose Patton
Hawthorn get Patton, lose 2020 4th round pick (Melbourne)
Crows get Frampton, lose Jacobs
Port get 2020 4th round pick (Melbourne), lose Frampton

How the fu** is Patton involved in this? GWS have straight up swapped Patton for Jacobs, that's lunacy.
They desperately need Jacobs - got destroyed in the ruck in all finals
Patton wouldn’t get a game in front of Cameron Findlayson and Himmelberg

Sometimes it’s about need not perceived value. They also get his money off the books which helps keep Cameron etc

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
Welcome Big Billy!!

I can only imagine the torment you have endured having to play for both the magpies and the power as a Crows supporter.

Now you can do what comes naturally and punch a few teal / black & white heads.

I hope you find your feet and become a player that gets everything out of his career.

For me, intent is a huge part of what makes a good footballer... You seem to have the intent bit sorted, just adjust the target of that intent a little and she'll be apples!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Sep 19, 2007
The Pub
AFL Club
Adelaide
I could be wrong, but I'm assuming they recruited him primarily as ruck coverage. With Jacobs gone, who's next after O'Brien?

Strachan's next in line at present.

One of the reason's given for Frampton's slow development is that Port spent a lot of time training him as a ruck, but has since "flourished" since playing predominantly forward.

Frampton's forwardline competition for Himmelberg IMO with the added bonus of filling a 3rd/4th in line ruck depth.

Head to head last year in the SANFL Frampton clearly the better forward of the 2.

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
We are heading in the right direction as a club - going for youth in place of 30+ veterans, going for aggression in place of pleasantness.

Frampton fills the void in our current needs. I’ve seen him in some of the AFL games for the Power and the SANFL Grand Final, and I really like his natural aggression and his marking ability. Can see him be our instant JJ replacement if he can further improve his game over this coming preseason.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Frampton might not be as quick as JJ in a straight line but I can see him providing a lot more pressure.
Other posters might be right that it could be Lynch exiting the forward line.

The two talls thing when we've already got Walker and Fogarty.

Add in Lynch, add in Frampton/Himmelberg as 2nd ruck...

Could Lynch play as a defender? Hartigan can have a breather.

spexau

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other posters might be right that it could be Lynch exiting the forward line.

The two talls thing when we've already got Walker and Fogarty.

Add in Lynch, add in Frampton/Himmelberg as 2nd ruck...

Could Lynch play as a defender? Hartigan can have a breather.
Play 1 main tall defender in Talia. Then surround him with utility types. Lynch, Doedee, Kelly...

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Play 1 main tall defender in Talia. Then surround him with utility types. Lynch, Doedee, Kelly...
I like it

We've proven that going tall and treacle slow (of body and/or mind) at both ends of the field categorically does not work.

There might be the odd tall timber team where you want two genuine KPDs (internal trials for instance :rolleyes: ) but we can deal with that when we come to it

Frampton might not be as quick as JJ in a straight line but I can see him running in a straight line.

At the very least, it's less likely to be an uncontested mark to his direct opponent.

JPetro83

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Adel United & Leeds United
Hopefully we can get rid of JJ today so he doesnt get in the way of Billy getting a game....
Billy must play from the get go...
Stengle Frampton Murphy
Lynch Walker Fogarty

Or something like that

Back