Player Watch Billy Frampton - Traded to Collingwood

Your opinion on Billy:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully we can get rid of JJ today so he doesnt get in the way of Billy getting a game....
Billy must play from the get go...
Stengle Frampton Murphy
Lynch Walker Fogarty

Or something like that

Ugghh. Too slow.

FF: McAdam Fogarty McHenry
HF: Gallucci Walker Jones

With Frampton on the bench. One of Fogarty, Walker, O'Brien and Frampton should always be on the bench.

Last edited:
Now that Frampton is free of his port hell, watch him go. As a crows supporter there, he did well to not show port how good he can be.

If you say his name really fast it sounds ever so faintly like another super forward in the comp....Billy Frampton..Buddy Franklin. Watch big billy tear the league apart next year :p

I'm very happy with this trade. Over the weekend I watched my Bays trounce Port again in the recent GF but also kept a close eye on Billy. There's a lot to like about him. He's a very solid boy who can take a grab. A bit to work on as well I'm sure but hopefully Nick's can train the "filth" out of him. Training along side Fog won't do him any harm either; hopefully Billy can glean some goal kicking technique from watching Fog. 2 contested marking talls who are both confident in front of the sticks is exactly what we need.
P..S. Bye bye JJ.

The 1st of many to come.

Ugghh. Too slow.

HF: Gallucci Walker Jones

With Frampton on the bench. One of Fogarty, Walker, O'Brien and Frampton should always be on the bench.
HF: Gallucci Walker Lynch
C: Seed Brad Jones
HB Smith Talia Milera
FB Brown Doedee Laird
R: ROB Matt Sloane
B: Pick 4 Gibbs Sholl Stengle

Not quite enough room to squeeze DMac in :-(

Last edited:
low risk possible good reward.
love he and his old man are crow fans
perfect scenairo are him and fog intimidating oppositions in our forward line and consistently kicking handfuls or goals every few games.
reality he probably wont be a regular first 22 but i'm happy overall.

HB Smith Talia Milera
FB Brown Doedee Laird

What a shame.

That said, I do reckon you'll need a Hartigan/Butts/Himmelberg in there as a KPD. Defense is way too small otherwise.

McAdam zero AFL exp
Gallucci sucks
Milera to wing, gibbs to hbf, jones off the bench
I think Jones will be in the midfield rotations too and McHenry wing/high half forward with the evidence I saw in the SANFL last year my reference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Jones will be in the midfield rotations too and McHenry wing/high half forward with the evidence I saw in the SANFL last year my reference.

Sounds spot on to me.
Jones looks like a midfielder and we have to take advantage of McHenry's running ability by having him not too close to goal.

HB Smith Talia Milera
FB Brown Doedee Laird

Can we all just put Dmac in our best 22 lists as we all know what's going to happen come round 1. Even with a new coach we have expected him to be pushed aside in the past.

Just some comments from the 2014 Phantom Drafts

Skippos
My comparison for him on the opening page is Jordan Roughead and I'm going to stick with it. His tap work to me is not dissimilar to those 2 metre blokes not playing through the ruck who have average tap work - Jordan Roughead is a good example of that. Sam Rowe when played in the ruck maybe. I can't think of a good comparison for him, really. I'd have been picking Frampton with the sole intention of converting him into a key defender and I'm not sure that's what you guys have done. If you have though - it's a top effort; I think he could really make the grade as a defender.

Looking at comments ....a KPD option was widely discussed in 2014 for Frampton

this is a good sign, no Pear supporters have come on here saying "good bloke, wishing him all the best".

He's avoided the Dean Gore kiss of death.
Make no mistake about it Port supporters are pissed this guy is playing for the AFC. Watching this kid and Fogarty in the same forward line is going to be fascinating. Would love to be a small forward at the AFC next year.

There are probably a lot of wins with this one:

Framptin: well with Lycett he was never going to be a #1 ruckman. Their lack of fire power inside 50 means he should have more opportunity

Port: well I don’t think he was an AFL top 22 for them. Spent a lot of time in the sanfl

crows: he is not a swap for Jacobs. He is a swap for Jenkins. Rob be the main ruck and Frampton will ruck in the forward line. He has similar athleticism to Jenkins from the little I have seen.

it is a safe move to ensure we have coverage. Let’s all hope it all works out.

There are probably a lot of wins with this one:

Framptin: well with Lycett he was never going to be a #1 ruckman. Their lack of fire power inside 50 means he should have more opportunity

Port: well I don’t think he was an AFL top 22 for them. Spent a lot of time in the sanfl

crows: he is not a swap for Jacobs. He is a swap for Jenkins. Rob be the main ruck and Frampton will ruck in the forward line. He has similar athleticism to Jenkins from the little I have seen.

it is a safe move to ensure we have coverage. Let’s all hope it all works out.
Look forward to him taking over Jenkins roll,better than seeing a 6’5” 100 kg Rudolf Nureyev in ballet Pointes in our forward line,he may not kick as many but will create more for others

Look forward to him taking over Jenkins roll,better than seeing a 6’5” 100 kg Rudolf Nureyev in ballet Pointes in our forward line,he may not kick as many but will create more for others
First Nureyev wore ballet flats and not pointes. Pointes are worn by the female dancers (the men can if they are in Cinderella as one of the step sisters) and Jenkins can not in any way be compared to what dancers have to cope with, especially with wearing pointes, as we know that Jenkins cannot handle pain.

Last edited:
Poe-tay-toe po-tar-toh... :grin:

forums-ea-com-tumblr_me7i2ppfvm1rjxfbno1_500-e-gif.653675

First Nureyev wore ballet flats and not pointes. Pointes are worn by the female dancers (the men can if they are in Cinderella as one of the step sisters) and Jenkins can not in any way be compared to what dancers have to cope with, especially with wearing pointes, as we know that Jenkins cannot handle pain.

My apologies an over sight on my behalf

Back