Traded Billy Frampton [Traded to Collingwood for F3]

Remove this Banner Ad

Frampton has the value of a fourth rounder at best. He's asked for a trade so that probably indicates the Crows will receive a very late pick from the Pies. It's a move that benefits all parties. Could be a future premiership player, could be a future list clogger. All the best to him.
It's overs but only acting on the valuation I had at the time.

Future 3rd is interesting given the draft is better next year. The past few years pick 50 and pick 100 might as well be the same but it might be worth a little bit more next year.

I’m keen to see what we can do with Frampton at Collingwood. He was very good in the SANFL and obviously wasn’t on the good side of the coach @ Adelaide which can happen at footy clubs.

Future 3rd may seem like overs, but it’s worth the gamble IMO. Plus it’s good to be on good terms with other clubs and list managers at the trade table as it can be beneficial in future trade periods.

I’m keen to see what we can do with Frampton at Collingwood. He was very good in the SANFL and obviously wasn’t on the good side of the coach @ Adelaide which can happen at footy clubs.

Future 3rd may seem like overs, but it’s worth the gamble IMO. Plus it’s good to be on good terms with other clubs and list managers at the trade table as it can be beneficial in future trade periods.
People can tend to overrate draft picks. How many players who would be available at our 3rd round pick next year would have the CV of Frampton.

Now it is possible that the player we did eventually pick up has a better career than Frampton, but we needed some immediate insurance in defence, so a no brainer really.

People can tend to overrate draft picks. How many players who would be available at our 3rd round pick next year would have the CV of Frampton.

Now it is possible that the player we did eventually pick up has a better career than Frampton, but we needed some immediate insurance in defence, so a no brainer really.

You mean 24 games in 8 seasons? Fair CV.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back