Traded Billy Frampton [Traded to Collingwood for F3]

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps it's the change to defence that has helped but yeah, shockingly that's true. Even his critics on the Crows board (of which there are plenty) would admit that his ball use and intercepting has been good. And he is getting it a fair bit. Whether he could consistently translate that to AFL level is an unknown. As I said, his one-on-one defending still needs a lot of work too.

Based on the way you describe him and the fact he will be 26 before next season, he is basically worth nothing, maybe a pick 80. Defending a bunch of unco's in the SANFL doesn't mean anything, especially so given the age. Straugn face *s whoever is in the ruck in the SANFL. Our rucks draw straws and whoever gets the gig including the 18 yr old 1st year Visentini annihilates the opposition. In his last season for us, he was one of the premier forwards of the SANFL and that hasn't translated to AFL success because the SANFL is poo. The KPP depth in the SANFL is rancid, dead body with rotten faeces still in the colon tier. He would be judged on his AFL form which is that he wasn't upto it as a forward and played 6 games as a defender this year. He didn't play in the AFL post round 8, in one of the weakest teams in the comp (admittedly with some quality KPDs). I mean if someone doesn't want to use their 3rd/4th rounder maybe, but even then, those picks can be traded for points. Noone is giving up anything of value for a 'could consistently translate that to AFL level is unknown' 26 year old.

Lmao, we got a far better player in Lipinski for that kind of trade currency last year. Why would we shell out that for a bloke who’s played 24 games in 8 years? Dreaming.
Lipinski was a reserves player, so is Frampton.

A third round is what it costs to get a non best 22 from another club. It's not much but it's the price.

A third round is what it costs to get a non best 22 from another club. It's not much but it's the price.
Quite different. Lipinski was playing at a club that made the GF and was offered a decent contract to stay.

Based on the way you describe him and the fact he will be 26 before next season, he is basically worth nothing, maybe a pick 80. Defending a bunch of unco's in the SANFL doesn't mean anything, especially so given the age. Straugn face *s whoever is in the ruck in the SANFL. Our rucks draw straws and whoever gets the gig including the 18 yr old 1st year Visentini annihilates the opposition. In his last season for us, he was one of the premier forwards of the SANFL and that hasn't translated to AFL success because the SANFL is poo. The KPP depth in the SANFL is rancid, dead body with rotten faeces still in the colon tier. He would be judged on his AFL form which is that he wasn't upto it as a forward and played 6 games as a defender this year. He didn't play in the AFL post round 8, in one of the weakest teams in the comp (admittedly with some quality KPDs). I mean if someone doesn't want to use their 3rd/4th rounder maybe, but even then, those picks can be traded for points. Noone is giving up anything of value for a 'could consistently translate that to AFL level is unknown' 26 year old.
Exactly. He is good enough to pick up lazy defensive possessions in the SANFL based on his size. He is a good kick. Just smile and wave boys, smile and wave.

Lipinski was regarded as required by the dogs who had offered him a contract extension, and was a 5th year player who couldn’t break in to the best midfield in the comp. Frampton is an 8th year player with less than 25 senior games to his name, at his second club already, who traded him in for a fourth round pick 2 years ago.

Stop taking the piss mate, it’s embarrassing to watch you claim he’s worth more than the pittance you guys paid for him.

Lipinski was regarded as required by the dogs who had offered him a contract extension, and was a 5th year player who couldn’t break in to the best midfield in the comp. Frampton is an 8th year player with less than 25 senior games to his name, at his second club already, who traded him in for a fourth round pick 2 years ago.

Stop taking the piss mate, it’s embarrassing to watch you claim he’s worth more than the pittance you guys paid for him.
no no just no..this is rubbish

If you are going to tap up one of our uncontracted players who was a borderline delist on a princely sum of a 1 year deal for $50K...you need to pay simples. I think a swap of your 7th rounder for our future 8th we will grudgingly accept

I am starting to like this Billy Frampton character.

As for the trade - I wouldn't be surprised if Adelaide just delisted him, knowing he's free to Collingwood anyway.

I am starting to like this Billy Frampton character.

As for the trade - I wouldn't be surprised if Adelaide just delisted him, knowing he's free to Collingwood anyway.
They are just trying to sell something they are about to throw away so they can get some free points to get Michaelanney as a father/son. Same deal with Rowe.

Frampton has got heart but not much else. Looks like a million dollars. Frampton and Kreuger will make a good pair.

Exactly. He is good enough to pick up lazy defensive possessions in the SANFL based on his size. He is a good kick. Just smile and wave boys, smile and wave.

Explain to me where that gets you a pick 40/third rounder like everyone from Adelaide seems to think you're getting for him?

Explain to me where that gets you a pick 40/third rounder like everyone from Adelaide seems to think you're getting for him?
It’s almost as if they have forgotten they traded him in for a future 4th round pick…

Because he's a KPP and they don't grow on trees?
Frampton played AFL games this year too.

Likelihood of delisting or had already got an offer from Collingwood?

48 thanks.
Sydney Swans received pick No.56 in return for trading Darcy Cameron and pick No.62 to Collingwood. So Frampton not as good as Darcy is either going to be pick 70 or a delisted free agent if Crows don’t add a decent pick to get a better deal. Sorry crows Frampton isn’t worth anything near Lipinski who the dogs had a good deal on the table to stay. Let’s be Honest Frampton is free to a good home when Your coach Nicks don’t rate him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney Swans received pick No.56 in return for trading Darcy Cameron and pick No.62 to Collingwood. So Frampton not as good as Darcy is either going to be pick 70 or a delisted free agent if Crows don’t add a decent pick to get a better deal. Sorry crows Frampton isn’t worth anything near Lipinski who the dogs had a good deal on the table to stay. Let’s be Honest Frampton is free to a good home when Your coach Nicks don’t rate him.

Do you often come up with trade scenarios where you use hindsight heavily?

Darcy Cameron has come good for Pies for sure, but he had ONE AFL game under his belt by the time he was traded to Collingwood.

My guess is it will be one of your 3rd rounders with a future 4th coming coming back, unless we sign him for 1-2 years and offer to pay his salary when trading to Pies.

So that means he’s worth more than the future fourth rounder you paid for him? Stop embarrassing yourself.

Well tell some of your supporters that. I'm not dunking on Adelaide for the sake of it, I'm dunking on the idea that a guy they will delist is going to yield pick 40.
Well dunk on them. I'm sure your posts don't represent ALL Power supporters. Most Crows supporters are very aware of Big Bad Billy's lack of worth.

Well dunk on them. I'm sure your posts don't represent ALL Power supporters. Most Crows supporters are very aware of Big Bad Billy's lack of worth.
Stephen Curry Basketball GIF by Guava Juice

He's not an AFL quality KPP, he's a SANFL standard player against undersized part time footballers.

Glad to see him go, shows the Pies are not as smart as they think they are, we all know he is spudsville, it's why we got him for a pick that probably wasn't used anyway. He hasn't gone up in value since he's been with us!

He's not an AFL quality KPP, he's a SANFL standard player against undersized part time footballers.

Glad to see him go, shows the Pies are not as smart as they think they are, we all know he is spudsville, it's why we got him for a pick that probably wasn't used anyway. He hasn't gone up in value since he's been with us!
Honestly I think it’s a move that costs nothing and gives us depth in our tall defensive stocks, which we are extremely low on, given Dean and McMahon are both yet to debut. Worst case scenario is we’re bringing in a low level player on a below average contract to act as protection for our developing kids. Best case is he turns it around somehow. I’m ok with it.

Just need a Pick in the 100's for Him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back