2notepockets

All Australian
Aug 3, 2005
-
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
At the end of the day Billy moving on is good for him and adelaide, the mechanics of how it happens are irrelevant, token pick DFA whatever... so long good luck.

Collingwood get a look at a free shot, might come off if he doesn't have to play on any one with a competent midfield in front of him...

The real winner is Billy getting 4 years...

May 18, 2022
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
Frampton has the value of a fourth rounder at best. He's asked for a trade so that probably indicates the Crows will receive a very late pick from the Pies. It's a move that benefits all parties. Could be a future premiership player, could be a future list clogger. All the best to him.

beerbandit

Club Legend
Mar 7, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Do you usually base things on a sample size of 1?

Try listing all the trades from last year or so...

Most good judges would have said at the time that you got Lipinski for a bargain value.
No I don’t but if you think Billy Frampton is worth more at this stage then a pick in the 60s you are dreaming, he is currently not on the same level as Lipinski, so yes last year can be a good gauge.

Please spare the spill on low-balling, if any club has been bent over the desk in the last few years it’s Collingwood.

Graham Wright is very very good at getting value deals done, I’m sure we can exchange a couple of picks back and fourth to appease also, but he most definitely wouldn’t be worth a pick in the 40s if he wasn’t getting a game @ Adelaide reguarly. (No offence)

At the end of the day Billy moving on is good for him and adelaide, the mechanics of how it happens are irrelevant, token pick DFA whatever... so long good luck.

Collingwood get a look at a free shot, might come off if he doesn't have to play on any one with a competent midfield in front of him...

Probably best to hold off on the 4 year talk until the actual contract is revealed by someone more credible than BF posters.

Where is this 4 years stuff coming from? Dont mind it if its close to minimum wage +match payments.
It's what has been rumoured since the beginning, but I haven't seem anything official to confirm it.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Collingwood are under no obligation to give Adelaide a pick they can use for a player they were likely to delist anyway. This is fantasy stuff…

... did you actually read my post?

Billy is probably delisted by the Crows, but not before the final list lodgement. If Collingwood takes him then, it's a later start to preseason, later relocation, etc.

Which may not be a massive issue from your end, but is why clubs normally look to trade.

There will be a pick that Collingwood would have to pass on if they are taking a DFA. That's what they'll trade for Frampton.

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Where is this 4 years stuff coming from? Dont mind it if its close to minimum wage +match payments.
I feel like it was media reports, but I don't have a link to support.

Surely we.dont offer him more than 1 year on minimum wage. He would be delisted if we dont take him, after 8 seasons very unlikely he becomes useful. I think 1 year with him understanding he has to improve majorly to get another contract

Surely we.dont offer him more than 1 year on minimum wage. He would be delisted if we dont take him, after 8 seasons very unlikely he becomes useful. I think 1 year with him understanding he has to improve majorly to get another contract
It's been rumoured for months that the Pies have offered him a 4 year contract.

He mentioned he loves the Crows but the offer from the Pies was too good to refuse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So there’s nothing factual about this at all?
Was rumoured on the Crows board a couple of months ago.... & here we are he has nominated the Pies.

Time will tell if the rumoured term is true too...

It's been rumoured for months that the Pies have offered him a 4 year contract.

He mentioned he loves the Crows but the offer from the Pies was too good to refuse.
No offence but that seems unbelievable. You dont give 4 years to someone who has had 8 seasons already without ever being best 22. He is only a small chance of playing regularly at Collingwood, probably no chance truth be told and that should be known after 2023 so no need to give more than 1. Adelaide wouldnt even give him that

No offence but that seems unbelievable. You dont give 4 years to someone who has had 8 seasons already without ever being best 22. He is only a small chance of playing regularly at Collingwood, probably no chance truth be told and that should be known after 2023 so no need to give more than 1. Adelaide wouldnt even give him that
Indeed... surprised most Crows supporters... just read our thread.

Mind you we couldn't believe Atkins got a 4 year deal at Gold Coast either.

Billy is probably delisted by the Crows, but not before the final list lodgement. If Collingwood takes him then, it's a later start to preseason, later relocation, etc.

Which may not be a massive issue from your end, but is why clubs normally look to trade.

There will be a pick that Collingwood would have to pass on if they are taking a DFA. That's what they'll trade for Frampton.
Oh, I read it alright, and I felt like it decreased my IQ by doing so.

Who cares if an 8th year player misses a couple of weeks of preseason? No club is going to overpay for a depth player who is a delist candidate for the sake of having them start preseason on time with everyone else. We’ll have a plan for our third rounders. Frampton will not be a part of those plans, that much is certain.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Depends for example if Adelaide had approached him with a 2 year extension and the pies offer is 3 years with a possible trigger for a 4th year?..something like that could be a possibility?

Oct 22, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood

Here's what i always wonder with this. As i understand player contracts expire at the end of October. If a player (frampton in this example) doesn't get traded and his contract expires, is there any rule in place to prevent a club (in this case collingwood) simply inviting the player to train with them until they can officially sign through the PSD or whatever?

Depends for example if Adelaide had approached him with a 2 year extension and the pies offer is 3 years with a possible trigger for a 4th year?..something like that could be a possibility?
So this would be a race for stupidity by both clubs. Crows havent offered him anything. Why would they after he has been there 3 years after 5 at Port and clearly is no longer part of their plans. Just doesnt make sense

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Oh, I read it alright, and I felt like it decreased my IQ by doing so.

Who cares if an 8th year player misses a couple of weeks of preseason? No club is going to overpay for a depth player who is a delist candidate for the sake of having them start preseason on time with everyone else. We’ll have a plan for our third rounders. Frampton will not be a part of those plans, that much is certain.
Not sure how your IQ got decreased when you actually learned something.

There's a REASON these are always done as trades and not just waiting for the final list lodgement date.

And, besides that, Collingwood promised Frampton weeks ago that they would get him. Of course they will trade for him, ffs.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
So this would be a race for stupidity by both clubs. Crows havent offered him anything. Why would they after he has been there 3 years after 5 at Port and clearly is no longer part of their plans. Just doesnt make sense
Maybe but mine was just a guess at how it might have got to that point..but who knows what the final deal will be but i honestly wish him all the best at your club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back