Traded Billy Frampton [Traded to Collingwood for F3]

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure how your IQ got decreased when you actually learned something.
I learned that you’re kidding yourself about Framptons value. That’s about it.
There's a REASON these are always done as trades and not just waiting for the final list lodgement date.
Yes, because it’s quicker and easier for all parties. If one party decides to make things difficult by asking an unreasonable price for a player with no trade value, the other isn’t just going to bend over for the sake of it though…
And, besides that, Collingwood promised Frampton weeks ago that they would get him. Of course they will trade for him, ffs.
Never said they wouldn’t. It will be a token pick. Our third rounders likely will be used to trade up in the draft/trade for other players.

Nothing to lose trade...
Disappointing from a Collingwood perspective given we drafted him mid second round. I had high hopes for him after his first year, but he just seems to have no real weapons at this point.

Disappointing from a Collingwood perspective given we drafted him mid second round. I had high hopes for him after his first year, but he just seems to have no real weapons at this point.
Hopefully a win/win trade from a change of scenery...

Was Frampton to be delisted anyway? Seems like should be just a token later pick that probably wouldn’t be used.
Pies apparently offered picks 50 & 51, but we prefer a future pick given our lack of list spots.

I was just asking the question in terms of where this realistically sat
You would probably be able to pick him up as DFA, but I would be surprised of it it got to that.

Both clubs appear to have agreed on trade value... just may need a 3rd club to covert to a future as we don't need picks this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not such a biggie but we have 3rd rounders we are not going to use this year but give a future 3rd we could have used for a player who wasnt wanted at Adelaide and would have been delisted. We are nice guys.

Danger Zone, touché. I'll show up when I'm wrong.

Congrats to Big Bad Billy on apparently having the same value at the trade table as pick 7 + Jack Bowes combined.

Danger Zone, touché. I'll show up when I'm wrong.

Congrats to Big Bad Billy on apparently having the same value at the trade table as pick 7 + Jack Bowes combined.

I've been wrong about heaps too and this was definitely a better result than I expected. Fair play to you for owning it.

I've been wrong about heaps too and this was definitely a better result than I expected. Fair play to you for owning it.
Look, I was right about JHF and I was wrong about Billy Frampton. In the grand scheme of things, I'll take it 😅

Has shown more as a defender than he did as a forward. Great user of the ball (especially for a tall), good decision maker, solid intercept marker. Accumulates well. But he gets absolutely burnt on the lead and struggles to lock someone down. Has improved defensively but still a way to go.
Hopefully Collingwood’s ‘team defence’ mask those deficiencies and allow his good attributes to shine.

Hopefully Collingwood’s ‘team defence’ mask those deficiencies and allow his good attributes to shine.
Hopefully you get the best out of Billy as you have quality players who can defend around him.

Has decent skills for a tall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back